What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday Rd 10 v Roosters

hybrideel

Bench
While we really should be progressing past week 2 given we are currently the only side to beat the big 2 teams, I think we have to look at each finals game individually as to what caused the loss if we don't get through the the GF or Prelim. Major injuries, poor ref decisions etc, should not decide the coaches fate.

My Issue with BA is that we appear to have no adaptability. As some have said, we have the team and game plan to compete with Storm and Panthers, however cannot adjust when required against the likes of Souths, Roosters, Manly. That and the mental side of us not being able to switch on unless it's a big game

So my test to see whether it's time to keep BA or move on would be:
1. How we fare against the lower teams. An occasional close one is ok, but we cannot lose to anymore of the bottom 8 teams. And when we win, it should be comprehensive most of the time.

2. How we go against Souths, Manly and Roosters in the 2nd half of the season

3. Consistency. The difference between our best and worst games should not be like we have shown in the past 2 games.

Or these half a dozen merkins are just more tolerant of failure.

Being tolerant of failure is a nice and a pleasant way to be and keeps you in a chilled frame of mind for sure.

But it dose not develop a hate of failure that drives a clubs culture to do whatever it takes to be the champion that we all aspire to be.
Or perhaps they are no more 'tolerant' of failure than you, but disagree on the means of ending that 'failure'. They might simply have a different opinion to you in regards to whether, at a particular point in time, there are better coaching options that actually available. I could be really tough and treat every non-premiership winning year as a failure and fire the coach responsible. It wouldn't be good management. The art is working out when you have a better opportunity.

TheRam

Coach
Or perhaps they are no more 'tolerant' of failure than you, but disagree on the means of ending that 'failure'. They might simply have a different opinion to you in regards to whether, at a particular point in time, there are better coaching options that actually available. I could be really tough and treat every non-premiership winning year as a failure and fire the coach responsible. It wouldn't be good management. The art is working out when you have a better opportunity.

Total hyperbole statement. Good one mate.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
So my test to see whether it's time to keep BA or move on would be:
1. How we fare against the lower teams.
The problem is that early in the season we don't know who many of the good and bad teams are. The Sharks, Cowboys and Roosters were all below us when we played them but are now making up the top five with Penrith and Melbourne. Meanwhile we have won four from five against the teams who are actually below us.

Latest posts