What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday ~ Rnd 12 vs Raiders ~ The Clinton Schifcofske Cup

yy_cheng

Coach
Starting to get our strongest side on the field and IMHO it is looking pretty good.
When you see some of the names and their positions, you can see the actual team starting to take shape that BA wants each week and hasn't been able to select.

Powerful forwards in the run-on side, a fair bit of impact off the bench so not much momentum is lost and backs who can help with the hard yards and have a bit of speed.

Sivo in for Opa with Blake moving to centres and all of a sudden its a different side to when it was apparently picked just to accommodate JA.
the issue is if the forwards bring the right mentality onto the field

hindy111

Post Whore
Simmonson deserves his chance but he isn't exactly blowing the comp apart. Opacic is neck and neck to keep his spot.

Canberra are playing well. Wouldn't be suprised if we copped a smack.

emjaycee

Coach
Simmonson deserves his chance but he isn't exactly blowing the comp apart. Opacic is neck and neck to keep his spot.

Canberra are playing well. Wouldn't be suprised if we copped a smack.
Canberra have a new halfback this week who is debuting for them in Fogarty. Might not be as fluid as they have been of late.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Starting to get our strongest side on the field and IMHO it is looking pretty good.
When you see some of the names and their positions, you can see the actual team starting to take shape that BA wants each week and hasn't been able to select.

Powerful forwards in the run-on side, a fair bit of impact off the bench so not much momentum is lost and backs who can help with the hard yards and have a bit of speed.

Sivo in for Opa with Blake moving to centres and all of a sudden its a different side to when it was apparently picked just to accommodate JA.

Liked this post, except for moving Opa - his defence is just too good to leave out, imo.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Waqa's back baby, Waqa's back!

And Nuikore on the edge with Papali'i in the middle... with Matterson named in now customary role to come on from the bench.

I presume except for unforeseen injury, those numbered 18+ won't come into consideration for game day and will all benefit from decent minutes in reggies.

84 Baby

Referee
This. I reckon as Sivo gets closer (he won’t stay in NSW Cup), and assuming Waqa comes back ok, then I think the next few weeks are head to head between Simonsson and Opacic for the spot. They’re both playing ok but one of them really needs to grab opportunity.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Waqa's back baby, Waqa's back!

And Nuikore on the edge with Papali'i in the middle... with Matterson named in now customary role to come on from the bench.

I presume except for unforeseen injury, those numbered 18+ won't come into consideration for game day and will all benefit from decent minutes in reggies.
Cant see what Elie has done to be missing from the extended squad this week. He was magnificent last Friday night along with Emu.
How long before Ogden is back anyone?

Gronk

Staff member
This. I reckon as Sivo gets closer (he won’t stay in NSW Cup), and assuming Waqa comes back ok, then I think the next few weeks are head to head between Simonsson and Opacic for the spot. They’re both playing ok but one of them really needs to grab opportunity.
It’s a bye next week, so I reckon they are just being ultra cautious.

He can then unleash vs the Dogs @ the long weekend Monday game,

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
much better balanced team with just that small tweak

is BA telling Brown he needs to do more ? named him on the bench twice now, wonder if he starts there

King-Gutho94

Coach

is BA telling Brown he needs to do more ? named him on the bench twice now, wonder if he starts there
Probably but is Nrown the same player that he was when he got a NSW jumper 2 years ago.

His form has dropped off last year I reckon he was playing busted especially as he only played liked 25 mins in the semi final.

This year I thought he came back from shorter preseason strongly in the first month or so but has dropped off again in the past month.

hindy111

Post Whore

Brown been in decline since early last season. He used to quite often be our MOM or nearly always our top 3 players.
Maybe once this year he had been in our top 5. The guys finished and hopefully we can tap him on the shoulder and he gets a deal in the UK. I reckon the 2yr contract was cause the club felt it maybe the case. But now wish they pulled the pin completely and he wasn't even here this season.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Brown been in decline since early last season. He used to quite often be our MOM or nearly always our top 3 players.
Maybe once this year he had been in our top 5. The guys finished and hopefully we can tap him on the shoulder and he gets a deal in the UK. I reckon the 2yr contract was cause the club felt it maybe the case. But now wish they pulled the pin completely and he wasn't even here this season.
I don't think we ask too many players to move on these days before there contract finishes like Gus and other clubs since our salary cap fiasco.

Maybe it's a MON policy that the club will honour the contract they agreed too. As we refuse to pay players to play elsewhere.

Who was the last player that had a contract that we told to look elsewhere with 12 months left.

Corey Norman I reckon has probably been the only one since 2016. And that would've have been before MON arrived I think in late 2018.

Anyone else remember any players released early in the past 5 years with at least a year left.

Angry_eel

First Grade
I don't think we ask too many players to move on these days before there contract finishes like Gus and other clubs since our salary cap fiasco.

Maybe it's a MON policy that the club will honour the contract they agreed too. As we refuse to pay players to play elsewhere.

Who was the last player that had a contract that we told to look elsewhere with 12 months left.

Corey Norman I reckon has probably been the only one since 2016. And that would've have been before MON arrived I think in late 2018.

Anyone else remember any players released early in the past 5 years with at least a year left.
Not sure about a year but didn't Suia Matangi leave before the season ended?

hindy111

Post Whore

It maybe in Browns best interest. He may still be able to jag a 3yr deal on good coin this season which gives him 2 more year compared to his current contract.
If he continues to decline this time next year nobody including the UK may offer him anything.....

Latest posts