What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday Rnd 21 vs Sea Eagles 🦅

eels_fan

First Grade
I reckon Manly will be a rabble. There is rumours of a split and I 100% believe there would be. Regardless of any justification, half the team walked out with finals on the line, and given how poor the roosters were last week, a full strength manly likely would have won. Animosity would be thru the roof from the boys that played. I reckon they’ll crumble and struggle to win another game.

we just need to show up with a good attitude and we’ll get the biscuits even without Moses

Legal Eel

Juniors
This is
Whilst I don’t think young Arthur should be our only option as back up half and think the decision to promote him to the top 30 was the wrong one, I will be supporting him. I hope the young bloke goes well and I hope that Gutho, Dylbags and Judas Mahoney step up and support him. It’s on the rest of the spine to take the pressure off him
this is spot on - whomever comes in to the spine, be it JA or Perham, it will really be on Reed, Dylan and Gutho to step up big time!

Soto

Bench
Well here's Bellamy's record over the same period (since round one 2014):

Age on debutMerkin
18Croft
18Scott
19Asofa-Solomona
19Fa'asuamaleaui
19Ieremia
19Munster
20Atkinson
20Grant, Harry
20Kennar
20Loiero
20MacDonald
20Papenhuyzen
20Vunivalu
20Welch
21Drinkwater
21Johns
21Mann
21Smith, Brandon
21Smoothy
21Stimson
21Tonumaipea
22Anderson
22Kamikamica
22Kaufusi
22Lumelume
22Wishart
23Britt
23Hynes
23Seve
24Booth
24Jacks
24Olam
24Schonig
25Pene
25Walters
26Grant, Jordan
27Lewis

Interestingly, fewer 18 year olds have debuted in the same period (and both of them are gone), but more under 22's overall. Also more of them have gone on to become rep class, though I'd say this just points to the Storm's superior junior recruitment. There's also been a few nuffies in their mid-to-late twenties.
Outstanding Pou. You really are the man with the stats. Thanks for sharing. Probably further validates everything we/most of us have been saying.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Outstanding Pou. You really are the man with the stats. Thanks for sharing. Probably further validates everything we/most of us have been saying.
I don't think it validates anything. The Storm are a massively wealthy team alone in a non-rugby league town, so the demographics of their youngsters will be very different to ours. A better comparison would be a midrange Sydney club at about our level, let's say Manly or St George. Here's Manly's debutantes since 2014. They have had slightly more debutantes under the age of 22 (though fewer 18 year olds) however far more of them are in their current top 17:

Age on debutMerkin
18Bainbridge
18Trbojevic, Tomislav
19Fainu
19Hopoate, Albert
19Koula
19Parker
19Schuster
19Trbojevic, Ben
20Cust
20Fonua-Blake
20Fulton
20Kelly
20Olakau'atu
20Paseka
20Satini
20Weekes
20Wright, Tomislav
21Garrick
21Keppie
21Knight
21Lussick, Joey
21Saddler
22Chee-Kam
22Funa
22Littlejohn
22Waddell
23Miski
23Smalley
24Andrews
25De Luis
28Seci

the phantom menace

First Grade
Full strength / first choice pack.

Full strength bench - assuming Makatoa and Kaufusi remain higher in the middle pecking order than Nathan Brown, Nuikore is our edge benchie, and Cartwright is the utility to cover a spine/backline injury.

I guess it's an almost first choice backline - except for Moses missing through injury.

If we lose this against a fractured Manly squad, then we don't really deserve to make week 2 of the finals or beyond anyway...

Soto

Bench
I don't think it validates anything. The Storm are a massively wealthy team alone in a non-rugby league town, so the demographics of their youngsters will be very different to ours. A better comparison would be a midrange Sydney club at about our level, let's say Manly or St George. Here's Manly's debutantes since 2014. They have had slightly more debutantes under the age of 22 (though fewer 18 year olds) however far more of them are in their current top 17:

Age on debutMerkin
18Bainbridge
18Trbojevic, Tomislav
19Fainu
19Hopoate, Albert
19Koula
19Parker
19Schuster
19Trbojevic, Ben
20Cust
20Fonua-Blake
20Fulton
20Kelly
20Olakau'atu
20Paseka
20Satini
20Weekes
20Wright, Tomislav
21Garrick
21Keppie
21Knight
21Lussick, Joey
21Saddler
22Chee-Kam
22Funa
22Littlejohn
22Waddell
23Miski
23Smalley
24Andrews
25De Luis
28Seci
Absolutely validates everything.
Proves unconditionally that even manly has promoted and debuted a shitload more players than Arthur's.

Soto

Bench
I would be more ashamed of your spelling.
Don't deviate from your lowlife comment.
Ur a sick individual wishing someone's kid to break a leg in comparison to someone staying injured. Get professional help. You sure need it

Latest posts