What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Rnd 22 Vs Bunnies

yy_cheng

Coach
I really hope we change our mid field kicking game this week by keeping latrell out of it.

Just kicking bombs in the air that arent high enough or in the air long enough to be contested needs to be shelved this week.

Find touch and slow the game down when they have the ball. The more you keep Latrell quiet and away from the football it can lead to him playing disinterested at times.

Letting him catch the ball and taking 10-15m hit ups while we get our defensive line set could be asking for trouble.
Yup. That's also how we should play Penrith

When you find touch, does the whole team have to be behind the tap restart?

If so, the forwards have to make their way back rather than wait on the 40m line

Eelementary

Post Whore
I heard today someone was proposing a tax on junk food but I didn't think it would pass so soon.

I doubt it would help, tbh.

If people want to eat it, they will eat it.

Look at cigarettes - making the price of a single cigarette the same as a 1950 Ferrari 250 GT isn't curbing the habit...

Obscene Assassin

First Grade

Look at cigarettes - making the price of a single cigarette the same as a 1950 Ferrari 250 GT isn't curbing the habit...

It isn't necessarily about stopping people from smoking, it's to prevent people starting. I can't remember where I read it but new smokers have dropped as a percentage as the tax increases

Happy MEel

First Grade

I’ll have to disagree with you there mate. Australia’s smoking policy has been one of the most effective across the globe. Taxation is a very effective lever to change behaviour.

8B989574-B6F2-48C8-934B-7175DEFF2F82.png

Last edited:

And there's the problem that most of the things people believe about nutrition are nonsense so they'll end up taxing the wrong things anyway.

oldmancraigy

Coach
I really hope we change our mid field kicking game this week by keeping latrell out of it.

Just kicking bombs in the air that arent high enough or in the air long enough to be contested needs to be shelved this week.

Find touch and slow the game down when they have the ball. The more you keep Latrell quiet and away from the football it can lead to him playing disinterested at times.

Letting him catch the ball and taking 10-15m hit ups while we get our defensive line set could be asking for trouble.

Don't hold your breath on the kicking game thing...
It's been the game plan for the last 3-4 years.

They call it a box kick - the idea is to have the high ball coming down inside the opposition 10m zone (preferably towards the sideline), so that they have to ruck it out from a corner.
The chase on it this year has been poorly timed so far, and the kicks haven't been all that well executed.

Personally I don't like the tactic, but I doubt there will be a change to it - seems to be BA's method.
Kick chase was really poor last week, so perhaps that aspect improves this week?

Gronk

Staff member
Don't hold your breath on the kicking game thing...
It's been the game plan for the last 3-4 years.

They call it a box kick - the idea is to have the high ball coming down inside the opposition 10m zone (preferably towards the sideline), so that they have to ruck it out from a corner.
The chase on it this year has been poorly timed so far, and the kicks haven't been all that well executed.

Personally I don't like the tactic, but I doubt there will be a change to it - seems to be BA's method.
Kick chase was really poor last week, so perhaps that aspect improves this week?
Agree, it's effective because you can contest the ball. Ineffective if you kick it too deep or don't chase.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Kafusi,Ogden,Marata all have strong leg drive. Cartwright has skill. It's a solid bench.
N.Brown issue is Matterson can play 80mins. Is he better then Kafusi or Marata? I don't think so.
Bryce covers different positions. Ogden might suprise but I'd prefer Hands or Rein to give Mahoney 20mins rest.
Matterson won’t play, and Ogden is his replacement. The reason he’s in 14 (with Makatoa in 18) is so they can give Ogden the proper fuss over his Eels debut. That’s my conspiracy theory anyway. Makatoa was always going to play instead of Matterson.

hindy111

Post Whore
Matterson won’t play, and Ogden is his replacement. The reason he’s in 14 (with Makatoa in 18) is so they can give Ogden the proper fuss over his Eels debut. That’s my conspiracy theory anyway. Makatoa was always going to play instead of Matterson.

Rodwell will come in before Makatoa. His times up. Less minutes each week. Same way BA got rid of N.Brown.

Incorrect

Coach
My Dad spoke since he was 12. He quit in 1988 cause of the cost. And a packet was probably $5 then. He said prices are getting out of control. Maybe he knew something.
I'd say the cost in 1988 would've been around $2.50-$3, maybe less...

For some inexplicable reason, I started smoking in around 1993 (have since given them away quite a few years ago thankfully) and the cost of a pack 25 was less than $5 so I reckon in 1988 you're talking $3 maybe....

Latest posts