What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Rnd 8 vs Cows ~ See you in NT Cup.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Will Smith selected at 5/8th for the Titans
Brimson back to FB

Almost wish we were playhng the Titans again

Gronk

Staff member
After watching Hands im convinced he is a better talent and offers more then JA. Natural footballer
So you think that Hands should be promoted to Top 30 ? Not wait for a pre 30 June signing ?

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
It really sux having injuries that force one player to move into a position that many people have been saying he is suited for doesn't it? I mean ideally, you want a centre who has speed, a good step and swerve, can defend in the line and chase down breaks and make cover tackles, and has a passable kicking game. Oh and is a strong runner of the ball so he can help out with kick returns. Maybe someone like Staggs, or Lomax, or Manu.
Who do we have that is the closest in skillset to those guys and has all the attributes I mentioned?
Jake Arthur?

emjaycee

Coach
I'm just glad we are fast tracking this JA kid. He could be anything this one. Clear the decks and get him game time. The new Fitler is here!!
If you have all the answers mate, tell me who you would play in the centres and/or halves given the choices available from our squad.
He may well have been fast-tracked into the top 30 (with a number of other 19 year olds), but he is only being selected at the moment because there is no one else.
So, who is your centre for this week if JA shouldnt be playing?

Gronk

Staff member
What about round 1 then??? Or round 2???? This was a plan in the pre season we even played the Panthers trial this way. It's not like this plan came about because of injuries. This was the Nepotism Gnome giving his baby Giraffe a leg up when he had no right too.
He said he wants cover in the backs. So he wants a 17th man for cover. He does not play his 17th man if he doesn’t need to.

We’ve all been through this 100 times. NRL clubs seem to lose a back every match to head bin or injury. Whilst Marata and 1,000 wingers are out, then your nepotism claim is flimsy.

Hayze is getting some FG now and we know already that he can play 1 and 6 and can hold his own as 2. Only when Waqa, Russell, Sivo, Marata are all back will I listen to your nepotism bullcrap if Jake gets picked.

And when we get some cattle back and Jake is tucked in snugly at 7 in NSW Cup, you need to hire a sky-writer and share with the world how wrong you were.

chiefy1

Bench
He said he wants cover in the backs. So he wants a 17th man for cover. He does not play his 17th man if he doesn’t need to.

We’ve all been through this 100 times. NRL clubs seem to lose a back every match to head bin or injury. Whilst Marata and 1,000 wingers are out, then your nepotism claim is flimsy.

Hayze is getting some FG now and we know already that he can play 1 and 6 and can hold his own as 2. Only when Waqa, Russell, Sivo, Marata are all back will I listen to your nepotism bullcrap if Jake gets picked.

And when we get some cattle back and Jake is tucked in snugly at 7 in NSW Cup, you need to hire a sky-writer and share with the world how wrong you were.

Jake shouldn't be anywhere near fg, that's all you need to know. He does nothing. If this was an elimination final would you have Jake @ 6 ? Surely not. Cartwright can cover a few positions in the backline.
Imagine carrying Jake at 6 in a grand final .
We'll see what happens, if opa is ready to go, Jake has to drop out

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
If you have all the answers mate, tell me who you would play in the centres and/or halves given the choices available from our squad.
He may well have been fast-tracked into the top 30 (with a number of other 19 year olds), but he is only being selected at the moment because there is no one else.
So, who is your centre for this week if JA shouldnt be playing?

From what I have seen he never would of been in my top 30 or our back up half.l to begin the season.
If I was carrying a utility on the bench just incase of an injury I'd say Perham is a better choice. Covers fullback,wing,5/8,centre. Means he can slot in a lot easier without shuffling.

At this point with injuries I'd rather throw Cini or Laizou into the side. Or stick Bryce in the side.

I'm not here to bag Jake. I hope he goes on to be a superb player and perhaps he will in due time.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So why not put oppa on the bench round one? There’s an injury in the backs, he’ll slot straight in and there’ll be minimum disruption
Exactly, normally a player that BA likes. Got experience and fairly dependable. It’s amazing how he has changed the way he picks players and benches when he son has come onto the scene.

He was loathe to give youth a chance and when he did he game them a taste and they were back to reserve grade. Jakey has been picked every game this season injury allowing. Injury crisis or no injury crisis.