What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday - Round 11 vs Manly

the phantom menace

First Grade
Somebody tell me why Oregan is a permanent fixture this year, considering he is gone, and playing shit?
Because if we lose two or three forwards to rep selection, then we need to have guys with regular NRL experience being ready to step up and play bigger minutes in the rotations in those weeks.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Okay fair enough, then why doesn’t this train of thought apply to Cartwright?
Because Cartwright's defence is not up to the standard of the people picked 14-17 ahead of him this week.

Cartwright was only being named because with backline injuries and absence through injury of Niukore (who can cover a backline injury) someone with a minimal backline ability had to be named as 17th. He only got minimal minutes when named, because due to defensive abilities he's likely not considered a good option in a tight game, unless we have to catch-up some points in the final stages.

He will benefit from being about to play 60+mins in reggies, and may even come into consideration for some minimal time x-factor bench selection later in the year (post-Origin) if we run into suspension or depth issues.

yy_cheng

Coach
All up played about 85mins. Has 3 LBAS and 2 x TAs. Tackling at 94%
I'd be prepared to give him a better run. Makatoa is a huge plodder. Yes he does a job. BUT WITH BROWN,MARATA AND KAFUSI on the bench not needed.
Dude I remember you saying you like maka especially in defense coz he sticks in tackles. I always said he was a plodder like alvaro was

The Predictor

Juniors
It’s not an obsession, I think many are perplexed as he is picked when we all know he won’t receive any game time, I don’t believe there is another coach who does this with his bench, we are constantly playing with 16 men as opposed to 17…. can anyone tell me why?

hindy111

Post Whore
What is this obsession with Cartwright?
He can do some good stuff occasionally but he’s not that great.

Merkins on here acting like he’s the f**king messiah or something.

The way I see it he is a potential ace up your sleeve.

In games there are different scenarios. Lets say we are down by a few points with 10 to go and struggling to score points. Do you feel the opposition would prefer to defend Bryce or Makatoa?

It is about what they can offer and jobs they can do. With Brown,Marata and Kafusi on the bench Makatoa shouldn't see much game time.

hindy111

Post Whore
Dude I remember you saying you like maka especially in defense coz he sticks in tackles. I always said he was a plodder like alvaro was

Yes I do like his defense its better then Jnrs and Rcg don't you feel? But our starters will play 55 mins. Lane,Matterson and Pappa will play say 65-70. So we need to find 80-90 mins.
N.Brown, Marata and Kafusi all would get 30. Or you throw Makatoa in and everyone gets 20mins.....

Either way Bryce like some said is better playing 60 mins in NSW cup then 8 mins of NRL.

yy_cheng

Coach
It’s not an obsession, I think many are perplexed as he is picked when we all know he won’t receive any game time, I don’t believe there is another coach who does this with his bench, we are constantly playing with 16 men as opposed to 17…. can anyone tell me why?
It will be interesting how the bench is used this week

Gronk

Staff member
Watch this space. You reckon Nathan Brown will be only used in the last 10 mins ?

Which players have been given the 17 and had limited game time ?

IFR33K

Coach
What is this obsession with Cartwright?
He can do some good stuff occasionally but he’s not that great.

Merkins on here acting like he’s the f**king messiah or something.

Not an obsession. Kafusi and maka have all been give a decent shot. Bryce has sat on the bench and sometimes is given a 6 minute cameo. He’s able to offer something different while the others are limited.

Latest posts