What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday ! Trial vs Panthers

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Both. His parents, siblings, Aunt and Uncle all moved to Sydney when he was prmoted to the full time squad.
Ok. Thanks.

New Zealand really struggle for depth in the halves and this kid looks like he could eventually end up playing test Match RL.

hindy111

Post Whore
Not my point merkin. He is only better than Moses bc he does not do many brain farts.

He is the incumbent origin 7 and good luck to him, but he is just a link man like Trent Hodkinson was. Solid but relies on others to produce the points.

So what is your point? At age 20 he was the best option NSW had. What more do you want? Id take him in a heart beat. He isnt a JT but also his defense is 2x as good.
I dont think he will ever be brilliant but I wouldn't say he cant either. Only recently turned 21. Comparing him with Hodgo is unfair.

Gronk

Staff member
So what is your point? At age 20 he was the best option NSW had. What more do you want? Id take him in a heart beat. He isnt a JT but also his defense is 2x as good.
I dont think he will ever be brilliant but I wouldn't say he cant either. Only recently turned 21. Comparing him with Hodgo is unfair.

I told you what my point was. He’s not an origin player’s arsehole.

Yes there was nobody better at the moment, but he got a Steven Bradbury rails run. Lucky boy.

crlBy6.gif

hindy111

Post Whore

Yes there was nobody better at the moment, but he got a Steven Bradbury rails run. Lucky boy.

crlBy6.gif

Name your top 5 halves in game please. I honestly rate DCE and Cronk very high but feel like a big drop off after them.
Had DCE played the full series I think they win series.

Gronk

Staff member
Name your top 5 halves in game please. I honestly rate DCE and Cronk very high but feel like a big drop off after them.
Had DCE played the full series I think they win series.

Im not playing your games merkin. Lucky boy, he’s an origin player.

Daniel Wagon got the Qld 6 in 2001, played all 3 games and his nickname in the Parra stands was Araldite ! Lucky boy. That’s sport. Rails run.

Kornstar

Coach
I put the replay of last nights game on this afternoon. I heard more than i watched as i am working but FMD the commentary was atrocious!!

They kept going on about sin binnings in trials (way before the actual sin bin occurred).

Seriously, so the teams are there just for fitness and combinations but the referees can't be there for their own purposes?

And the penalties, boy did they go on about penalties and how great the Panthers were because they "had no ball". Nothing about their pathetic discipline or when they had the ball how ordinary they looked.

I don't know who the other guy in the box with Gould was but when Gould couldn't even identify Sivo that pretty much summed up the commentary.......he was at your club you fool!!!!

hindy111

Post Whore

Daniel Wagon got the Qld 6 in 2001, played all 3 games and his nickname in the Parra stands was Araldite ! Lucky boy. That’s sport. Rails run.

Wagon was a great player. Tough as nails and had what it took.
I agree with Cleary. Hes ok and will get better. Anyone in NRL is talented and anyone playing origin is even more talented. Just as Bradbury nwas to win gold. He was still good enoug to get to olympics.
And stop calling me a merkin.

Last edited:

strider

Post Whore

I think asking to rate the halves in the game is a fair point .... this is what halves are these days. Structured. A half who is a solid defender and not skitso is good these days

Gronk

Staff member
I think asking to rate the halves in the game is a fair point .... this is what halves are these days. Structured. A half who is a solid defender and not skitso is good these days

In the absence of a half who can organise, throw money balls and has a short kicking game, yes.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore

crlBy6.gif
I'd say he was already as good as any of the competition, with the bonus that he was younger and therefore had more potential and longevity.

I'd say he will be at least as good as Cooper Cronk, who is also overrated.

Gronk

Staff member
I'd say he was already as good as any of the competition, with the bonus that he was younger and therefore had more potential and longevity.

I'd say he will be at least as good as Cooper Cronk, who is also overrated.
Agree that he has upside.

Just shows you how much distance there was between Qlder GOATs and the bog average merkins NSW come up with.

He’s considered a goodin because NSW won the series.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Can any eels fans tell me if Dylan brown is a #6 or #7? And has he declared his aligence to New Zealand?

Looks a real talent and at such a young age.

He's played 7 throughout Matts, Ball, NYC and ISP. But he plays the same game regardless of the number on his back.

He's a Kiwi, he stated so on the "Talk in Parradise" podcast. He is of Samoan heritage though so he may start his International career there.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Has played in a much more consistent team with a good forward pack too. It is easy when you have space as a half to make more correct decisions.

Moses had a lot of time last night but his execution was awful. He plays with his head down too much, doesn't look at the defensive line. When he does eventually look up he carves them up with his speed off the mark.