What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday ! Trial vs Raiders

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Dunster = Wont play first grade. Physically small and battered in hit ups.

Alvaro = Looked slow

Tepai = Ran hard but hammered a few times

Lane = Added some second phase

Jnr = Looked good

Niakuore = Looks like he is in top 17 based on tonight.

Attack = Nothing short of putrid for me. Same crap. Trying to create space outside and not a whole lot of creativity in the middle. I hope they have a bit more for when round one comes along. What I saw was a team that will only score of bombs or mistakes...
I just dont see anyone explosive. No x factor. A peachey or Jimmy the jet , ado car, teddy etc...It is a very workmen like team. We may be good at grinding wins. I dont expect attractive footy.
You don’t think Moses, Brown or Mennings are explosive?

IFR33K

Coach
But that would be mean so Timmy gets to stay and somehow be captain.

That’s the problem right there. Timmy as a player for the past decade was fine, but he’s no leader or captain. But we’ve opted to build our pack (with just as soft merkins) around him. Hopefully the new breed stand up, or we still manage to pick up another pig worthy of a top 17 spot.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Last night's game furthered my opinion that our fortunes won't change until we get more players that've come through our system into the first grade team.

hindy111

Post Whore
Last night's game furthered my opinion that our fortunes won't change until we get more players that've come through our system into the first grade team.

Meh...It is a trial. A few tning where wprrying but nrl is a diff game when not putting 100% It is more a training run.

Kornstar

Coach
After witnessing both sensational and much, much less than sensational trials over many years i am never willing to make a prediction of what they actually mean for a season.

No injuries is all that matters.

Getting upset now is pointless. I will always particularly refer to 2008. We played the Roosters in Gosford and Hayne had switched to centre and he was unstoppable in that game we destroyed them and i thought it was our year.......that was the last time i ever actually gave a shit about a trial result!!

I was there last night and the thing i was impressed with the most was the crowd. Well done Eels fans!!

Last edited:

hindy111

Post Whore
After witnessing both sensational and much, much less than sensational trials over many years i am never willing to make a prediction of what they actually mean for a season.

Getting upset now is pointless. I will always particularly refer to 2008. We played the Roosters in Gosford and Hayne had switched to centre and he was unstoppable in that game we destroyed them and i thought it was our year.......that was the last time i ever actually gave a shut about a trial result!!

I was there last night and the thing i was impressed with the most was the crowd. Well done Eels fans!!

How many you think? It was quite full

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

Getting upset now is pointless. I will always particularly refer to 2008. We played the Roosters in Gosford and Hayne had switched to centre and he was unstoppable in that game we destroyed them and i thought it was our year.......that was the last time i ever actually gave a shut about a trial result!!

Spot on Korny.

If we can come out without injuries and more importantly stay injury free for the season that’s what matters.

If we can have a better run this year with injuries you can easily add 4-5 wins to last year’s tally.

Bazal

Post Whore
Spot on Korny.

If we can come out without injuries and more importantly stay injury free for the season that’s what matters.

If we can have a better run this year with injuries you can easily add 4-5 wins to last year’s tally.

Paulo might help account for another couple too. He looked awesome last night, and unlike at the Raiders he has a bloke in Alvaro (and Brown) who will work his balls off in defence alongside him. So Jnr can just run like a train and smack blokes

I think he's in for a massive year. But of course there are heaps of other factors

T-Boon

Coach

Interesting, we have not had any junior development to speak of in a decade so this is a bit left field. I say we need to go to the market a lot more.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Paulo might help account for another couple too. He looked awesome last night, and unlike at the Raiders he has a bloke in Alvaro (and Brown) who will work his balls off in defence alongside him. So Jnr can just run like a train and smack blokes

I think he's in for a massive year. But of course there are heaps of other factors
Fingers crossed.

He seems like a bit of a head case so I hope he remains focused for the entire year.