What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday ! Trial vs Raiders

Eelogical

Referee
Timmynator is fine. He's copped a lot of shit cos he's been a mainstay in an underperforming side but I suspect he's always been value for money.
I'm not giving him shit. I'm just getting the feeling he's at least one season past it. There's nothing wrong with getting old in NRL terms. But, XXXX amount of seasons of getting belted, HIA's, no premierships and a spoon at the end of the 2018 season doesn't really ignite a players motivation to go to the next level. Expect more of the same (less) of Timmy this season.

Oh no doubt. And like I said, it's only one game.

But I'm not sure I've ever seen him look so far behind the pace of the game
I remember when Stuart arrived there was an interview with Mannah where he talked about being heavier and being happy about that (it's Timmy, everything makes him happy), and he was noticeably heavier, even if most of it was fat. But he was still pretty much the player we know. I reckon he'll get back to that. Time stands still for no one though, so this year might be his last.

I'm not giving him shit. I'm just getting the feeling he's at least one season past it. There's nothing wrong with getting old in NRL terms. But, XXXX amount of seasons of getting belted, HIA's, no premierships and a spoon at the end of the 2018 season doesn't really ignite a players motivation to go to the next level. Expect more of the same (less) of Timmy this season.
No major disagreement mate. I reckon he'll pull his weight this year.

Delboy

First Grade
An important thing to look at in trials is purely the individual performance, fair to say Mannah looked pedestrian tonight, easily turtled in the wrestle and limited impact in defence.

Great clubman, but this could be one season too many. Peni missed a few one on ones, Marata looked the goods, Lane was OK, Tepai hasn't changed.

Gennings will be challenged by several players, but there is certainly a vacancy at left centre. The starting front row is fine, will be interesting selections behind them.

The halves past the test, will need to gel but early signs are positive.

Gutho solid, but really need to see better structures when in the red zone, looks too much like last year, reasonable hit out but that's all.

hindy111

Post Whore
Dunster = Wont play first grade. Physically small and battered in hit ups.

Alvaro = Looked slow

Tepai = Ran hard but hammered a few times

Lane = Added some second phase

Jnr = Looked good

Niakuore = Looks like he is in top 17 based on tonight.

Attack = Nothing short of putrid for me. Same crap. Trying to create space outside and not a whole lot of creativity in the middle. I hope they have a bit more for when round one comes along. What I saw was a team that will only score of bombs or mistakes...
I just dont see anyone explosive. No x factor. A peachey or Jimmy the jet , ado car, teddy etc...It is a very workmen like team. We may be good at grinding wins. I dont expect attractive footy.

Eelogical

Referee
An important thing to look at in trials is purely the individual performance, fair to say Mannah looked pedestrian tonight, easily turtled in the wrestle and limited impact in defence.

Great clubman, but this could be one season too many. Peni missed a few one on ones, Marata looked the goods, Lane was OK, Tepai hasn't changed.

Gennings will be challenged by several players, but there is certainly a vacancy at left centre. The starting front row is fine, will be interesting selections behind them.

The halves past the test, will need to gel but early signs are positive.

Gutho solid, but really need to see better structures when in the red zone, looks too much like last year, reasonable hit out but that's all.
Based purely on the trial, and I'm not getting carried away in any way at all. We still don't look dangerous in the red zone, our cohesion in defence and attack, and discipline are well short of my expectations. Also, goal kicking is going to be an on-going problem, especially in those tight matches. On a positive note, I think Lane is going to be a great addition to the side. The newbs are going to struggle for some time ( Brown, Salmon, Mahoney, etc), but will come good with the right mentoring.

Alvaro = Looked slow

Jnr = Looked good

Attack = Nothing short of putrid for me. Same crap. Trying to create space outside and not a whole lot of creativity in the middle. I hope they have a bit more for when round one comes along. What I saw was a team that will only score of bombs or mistakes...
I just dont see anyone explosive. No x factor. A peachey or Jimmy the jet , ado car, teddy etc...It is a very workmen like team. We may be good at grinding wins. I dont expect attractive footy.
Could I ask a favour of you?

Noise

Coach

Alvaro = Looked slow

Jnr = Looked good

Agree with most of that. Remember Brown and Mau didn’t play which could push one of Tep or Mau to the edge, the other to the bench and Nikore out.

hindy111

Post Whore
Agree with most of that. Remember Brown and Mau didn’t play which could push one of Tep or Mau to the edge, the other to the bench and Nikore out.

Nikaoure seemed to have most impact. But others may of been holding back. Being a trial it is hard to tell.

Latest posts