What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday vs Broncos at The Gabba 8pm Friday

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah i think defenders try and stop him offloading and his leg drive can keep him going with pcm
*pcp

OIP.XuGur4qTwUuMC6DbwyLYcAHaGy

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
So much for Simonsson being our long term centre. Seriously he is a glorified back up. Ryan Morgan is Steve Ella compared to him. He has been shocking during the last 2 weeks and his side in defence with Asi will be sodomised on Friday night.
We need to be circumspect with the offloads and Parraball. Attack if its sensible but play for field position.

That used to work for the last few years, but our defence has been dogshit this year.

yy_cheng

Coach
We need to be circumspect with the offloads and Parraball. Attack if its sensible but play for field position.

That used to work for the last few years, but our defence has been dogshit this year.
Against the good teams, we can't play percentages as the opposition are better than us at it.

We always go set to set and then either dumb penalties or loss in concentration and loss in completions and the other teams gets on top of us and we end up playing catchup

We don't slow the ruck as ba doesn't like that and good teams comes with us with speed and we end up on the back foot.

I just don't think we have the team to play beas power game any more let alone the defense.

Maybe matto, rcg and hopgood can.

The rest can't or can't for long periods.

We have to do a da and play like 09.even last week, when we started offloading, the opposition couldn't defend and defend and we came back.

I'm not talking about willie nillie offloading but at least not one outs coz that's not our strength any more

the phantom menace

First Grade
It was weird that Hands played in the halves in NSW Cup the other day. He set up three tries.
It wasn't weird at all... unless you're someone who only thinks about things after they've happened, instead of pondering things that might be possible before they comes to pass.

Most things are done for a reason... and the reason wasn't that Hands is as poor an option as you try to make out (in your attempted defense of going balls deep in Hodgson).

the phantom menace

First Grade
I'm surprised no-one's spotted the obvious BA plan to neutralise and defend the Broncos for this match... which is the late game day switch of Gutherson to centre, and Asi to fullback?

Good to see Blake back on the extended reserves list too...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Against the good teams, we can't play percentages as the opposition are better than us at it.
This is exactly how we beat them, any time we do beat them. Completion rate vs top four teams:

OpponentCompletion rateResult
Storm80%12-16 loss
Panthers95%17-16 win
Broncos68%16-26 loss
Warriors69%10-46 loss
Storm74%16-46 loss

We can absolutely complete higher than we have been. We are currently at 75% (16th in the NRL) whereas last year we were 2nd with 79% completion rate. This is the first year since 2019 we've been below 79% for set completions. It's f**ken bullshit and it's not good enough either.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It wasn't weird at all... unless you're someone who only thinks about things after they've happened, instead of pondering things that might be possible before they comes to pass.

Most things are done for a reason... and the reason wasn't that Hands is as poor an option as you try to make out (in your attempted defense of going balls deep in Hodgson).
Well you certainly sound like you know why Hands was dropped to play reserve grade in the halves. Why don't you enlighten us.

the phantom menace

First Grade
I think I already have... perhaps in a different thread? You spotted it yourself though, he was "dropped" to freshen up on his play in the halves. And now the Hodgson experiment is behind us with the Lussick purchase, Hands can become a bonafide fixture at #14 into the future, covering all the mid-game eventualities.

yy_cheng

Coach
This is exactly how we beat them, any time we do beat them. Completion rate vs top four teams:

OpponentCompletion rateResult
Storm80%12-16 loss
Panthers95%17-16 win
Broncos68%16-26 loss
Warriors69%10-46 loss
Storm74%16-46 loss

We can absolutely complete higher than we have been. We are currently at 75% (16th in the NRL) whereas last year we were 2nd with 79% completion rate. This is the first year since 2019 we've been below 79% for set completions. It's f**ken bullshit and it's not good enough either.
Dude i said this year. We are no longer that team that ba wants.

This year we are lousy at percentage plays. It's like we switch off and can't keep at it set after set.

It's Bea's team. He can do whatever he wants. Just hope the kpis are there

Live by the sword, die by the sword

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Dude i said this year. We are no longer that team that ba wants.

This year we are lousy at percentage plays. It's like we switch off and can't keep at it set after set.

It's Bea's team. He can do whatever he wants. Just hope the kpis are there

Live by the sword, die by the sword
It's certainly no longer his attack. Barrett has us scoring more points at the cost of more turnovers.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Brisbane are nearly at full strength if we had Sivo and RCG I would have given us close to 50/50 shot here.

Anyway it's season on the line stuff. The 17 just have to find a way to win.

Pinch a victory here I think we can probably make it.

With more cavalry coming back the following week for a hopefully sold out commbank against the chooks.