What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday vs Broncos at The Gabba 8pm Friday

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah, and Matto to the bench, so longer minutes in the middle for him I guess rather than asking more of Maka or Emu.
240 minutes to be split amongst Paulo, Ofahengaue, Hopgood, Matterson, Greig and Moretti. That's an average of 40 minutes each. Assuming about 40 minutes combined for Greig and Moretti, and 120 combined for Hopgood/Matterson, that leaves 80 minutes for the starting front rowers.

Soto

Bench
Ok I'm going a different theory now. Hands to play 5/8 and Dylbro centres...hands is a very good defender.
Id have Dylbro play a roving role in attack like a 2nd fullback. Not sure if Asi plays that's the right move.
I will say this though. Asi did very well the first 3 or 4 games he played. He looked gassed the last time he played 1st grade

The left winger assume its Simonsson will be up against Cobbo who can be pretty lethal.
I wouldn't have been against AMS playing again. Ok he got steam rolled a few times by Rawalawa but who hasn't Rawalawa sent into orbit. He would be one of the hardest blokes to tackle one on one. The young bloke did a fair job on him.
I don't think the 1-17 named is how they will line up Fri night.
Go the Eels and fk the gronkos.
I'm sure there are a few in doubt for them.
Farnworth, Reynolds and even Mam all seem to be under injury clouds.
We need a fkn win...don't care how it happens..just fkn do it

Eelogical

Referee
Ok I'm going a different theory now. Hands to play 5/8 and Dylbro centres...hands is a very good defender.
Id have Dylbro play a roving role in attack like a 2nd fullback. Not sure if Asi plays that's the right move.
I will say this though. Asi did very well the first 3 or 4 games he played. He looked gassed the last time he played 1st grade

The left winger assume its Simonsson will be up against Cobbo who can be pretty lethal.
I wouldn't have been against AMS playing again. Ok he got steam rolled a few times by Rawalawa but who hasn't Rawalawa sent into orbit. He would be one of the hardest blokes to tackle one on one. The young bloke did a fair job on him.
I don't think the 1-17 named is how they will line up Fri night.
Go the Eels and fk the gronkos.
I'm sure there are a few in doubt for them.
Farnworth, Reynolds and even Mam all seem to be under injury clouds.
We need a fkn win...don't care how it happens..just fkn do it
But, did BA talk to the lads?

1691485337215.jpeg

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
BA is obviously not too impressed with AMS's defense. No doubt Asi can defend but we need to find a way to score points too.

The cupboard seems pretty bare in both departments.

Happy MEel

First Grade
If it was "absolutely yes" then he would be picked. It's not like Moretti is essential to our attack or defence. I suspect Hopgood is seen as a superior dummy half option to Hands. It's not like we don't have anyone who can cover Hopgood's role in the middle.

Hands was dropped for a reason, and we can't keep banging on about nepotism. He was very poor against Melbourne. But maybe he'll be back this week?
Hopgood is most certainly not a superior dummy half option to Hands.

I suspect either BA wanted to give Hands a breather from first grade or was hoping that Lussick could be a significant upgrade on Hands over 80 minutes.
Whatever the reason, he’s decided that splitting the time at hooker is best. I agree with him.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Hopgood is most certainly not a superior dummy half option to Hands.
He might be. However his running game is too important through the middle to be tied up in front of the markers. In our structure the dummy half isn't required to run much. Where Grant and Cook seem to have license to run after any quick play-the-ball, in our team the best option is nearly always to pass to Moses or Drown. Hopgood can do that but is more valuable making a high volume of runs.
I suspect either BA wanted to give Hands a breather, he had a niggle or was hoping that Lussick could be a significant upgrade on Hands over 80 minutes.
Whatever the reason, he’s decided that splitting the time at hooker is best. I agree with him.
We don't know what he's decided until after the game, but we at least need the option to give Lussick a breather. It was weird that Hands played in the halves in NSW Cup the other day. He set up three tries.

yy_cheng

Coach
Besides RCG and Matto, Hopgood actually is next best at the power game (probably tied with Matto) due to his speed and his dummies

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Mate of mine who's lived in Brisbane forever is a Roosters fan (started supporting them well before the Broncos existed).

Putting his shit choice of team aside he watched the Broncos v Roosters at the Gabba last week and said it was a shit experience. Couldn't see anything. Based on what I have seen at the Cricket and a couple of rubbish AFL games I get what he is saying. Great venue, but not suited to NRL.

Was going to head down for this one but can't be f**ked.

Latest posts