What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday vs Dogs ~ Monday 4pm

Frank Burge

Juniors
I’m pretty sure wolf whistles are only illegal in Muslim states, not sure if we want use those countries as our moral compasses, 2nd it’s not racist to boo Latrell if it’s because he eggs on the opposing sides fans. Back to team line up if Brown doesn’t get suspended, once matto , offa and Grieg are back that looks like a strong team.

T.S Quint

Coach
Wow indeed. So if that was your Daughter would you still feel the same? You have some serious issues if the answer is yes.

This would depend on what 'sexual touching' he's been accused of.
If he's gone and stuck his hand down her pants without her permission, that pretty f**ked up.

If he's grabbed her arse or her breast over her clothing it's also not good, but not as bad as the former.

I've got two girls. Both are too young to go out to clubs yet, but if one of them had a guy grab her arse on a night out I would hope she would tunr around and give him a f**king gobful, telling him in no uncertain terms to "f**k right the hell off." If he did it again, go to the security and get him kicked out. Anything more than that, sure call the cops.

In either scenario I don't think he would deserve to lose his job though.

emjaycee

Coach
I’m pretty sure wolf whistles are only illegal in Muslim states, not sure if we want use those countries as our moral compasses, 2nd it’s not racist to boo Latrell if it’s because he eggs on the opposing sides fans. Back to team line up if Brown doesn’t get suspended, once matto , offa and Grieg are back that looks like a strong team.
And Lane

Wally21

Bench
Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the Brown issue. If he is not guilty, as you were, I will support the kid as I always have. If he is guilty, I would prefer my club to take a stand against this and say this is not what we are about

Incorrect

Coach
Everyone is entitled to their opinion on the Brown issue. If he is not guilty, as you were, I will support the kid as I always have. If he is guilty, I would prefer my club to take a stand against this and say this is not what we are about
It all depends on the nature of the "touching" IMO. If it's a couple of pinches on the butt cheeks or a skirt grab a la Mitch Pearce when the media went to town on him (wrongly) then it's a bridge way too far for the bloke to have his contract terminated.

Secondly, I think if we took that stand of terminating his contract, I would only be willing to do so on the assurance from the NRL that they would then refuse to register any other contracts for him submitted by other clubs for the foreseeable future. f**ked if some other club should benefit from us taking a moral high ground or similar....

King-Gutho94

Coach
Fair enough that point of view.

But seriously tossing him away after one mistake is ridiculous.

Canberra took a stand with player behaviour a decade ago and where has it gotten them.

They sacked how many players over poor behaviour and clubs like the Roosters and that just picked Carney, Fergo up and they went onto to win comps, play in GFs or win Dally Ms.

What did Canberra get to compensate nothing.

Blake Ferguson was found guilty of indecent assault in 2013 in a nightclub.

He later joined us 6 years later did anyone stand up and have a problem then when we signed him over those matters not football related ones.

T.S Quint

Coach
It all depends on the nature of the "touching" IMO. If it's a couple of pinches on the butt cheeks or a skirt grab a la Mitch Pearce when the media went to town on him (wrongly) then it's a bridge way too far for the bloke to have his contract terminated.

Secondly, I think if we took that stand of terminating his contract, I would only be willing to do so on the assurance from the NRL that they would then refuse to register any other contracts for him submitted by other clubs for the foreseeable future. f**ked if some other club should benefit from us taking a moral high ground or similar....

Exactly.
I remember the Raiders having to (finally) cut Todd Carney loose after many instances of being a complete idiot. And it was fair enough that they did, to be honest. There were just too many times he did some dumb shit and wasn't going to learn.

Then Roosters signed him up and he won a Dall M medal and took them to a grand final.

How was that fair?

T.S Quint

Coach

Canberra took a stand with player behaviour a decade ago and where has it gotten them.

They sacked how many players over poor behaviour and clubs like the Roosters and that just picked Carney, Fergo up and they went onto to win comps, play in GFs or win Dally Ms.

He later joined us 6 years later did anyone stand up and have a problem then when we signed him over those matters not football related ones.

Too quick for me.

Hindmarshisgod2

Juniors
I reckon Brown was just dancing and thinking he's a smooth cat, was just trying to get her to dance with him, and grabbing her around the waist...nothing in it...otherwise, why would he be smiling at training if he did anything worse???

84 Baby

Referee
You can take a stand against this without throwing him out of the club.
Na if he isn’t thrown in jail, he should be stripped naked and chained to front of the leagues with only the torn up remnants of his contract to cover himself!
Tear up his contract just like we did with that other trouble maker Semi Radradra!

King-Gutho94

Coach
Exactly.
I remember the Raiders having to (finally) cut Todd Carney loose after many instances of being a complete idiot. And it was fair enough that they did, to be honest. There were just too many times he did some dumb shit and wasn't going to learn.

Then Roosters signed him up and he won a Dall M medal and took them to a grand final.

How was that fair?
I'll be honest I reckon Dylan knows he f**ked up here no matter what happens with this case. As it's brought unwanted attention to the club along with himself.

He has also embarrassed his halves partner who was quoted on Saturday that everyone was laying low.

And will be keen to make amends.

Standing by him I reckon will ensure he repays the faith. We have him signed up for 8 years it's a long term investment that has had a hiccup.

Not ideal but sometimes the public embarrassment and humiliation is the only way to get through these dopes heads to change behaviours and mature.

Legal Eel

Juniors
Guilty of what?
He has been charged with a crime that could be for nothing more than pinching some girls ass on the dance floor.
IF that is what he did (and I am not saying it is) would you still think he should no longer play for us?
Wow.
This. Spot on.
There is a rule of law in this country and it has been spurned enough in recent years

eels_fan

First Grade
Corporate responsibility is VERY different in 2023 to what it was in 2013. Especially when it comes to anything related to female equality, rights or safety.

IF (and it’s a definite IF) Dyl is found guilty of 5 counts - anything short of termination would be a devastating effect on public image, sponsorship, memberships, community appeal of the club. It would be the only course of action.

If the charges were lowered to a single count and he pled guilty, I think you could get away with a suspension, fine and some education programming.

but if it’s multiple counts, it’s curtains for Dyl.

Wally21

Bench

Fair point mate. I didn’t consider that.