What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday vs Knights - Sat 29th - The Brian Smith shield

Cloeel

Juniors
Cry me a river. He was lucky to be around when his other son was handed a debut at age 18 because she was so talented he couldn't be left out.
Has probably made close to 10mill off our club. Why would you feel sorry for him

Wasn't it reported that BA was one of the lowest paid coaches in the NRL up until the GF appearance?

hindy111

Post Whore
I have to say it's good to see some juniors coming into he side. I reckon soon Guymer will debut.
Considering 2 that have debut are spine players(3 if include Sanders) that's pretty dam good. Can't think of many sides debut a whole spine in one year.
Next year Tuivati and Brazel might be close. Penisini and AMS if recover ok.

And two wild cards in Ethyn Martin and Toni Matalele who need to come back and finish the season strongly.

JokerEel

Coach
I have to say it's good to see some juniors coming into he side. I reckon soon Guymer will debut.
Considering 2 that have debut are spine players(3 if include Sanders) that's pretty dam good. Can't think of many sides debut a whole spine in one year.
Next year Tuivati and Brazel might be close. Penisini and AMS if recover ok.

And two wild cards in Ethyn Martin and Toni Matalele who need to come back and finish the season strongly.

Tigers have debutededeed 10 players this year.

We should have been blooding these players now I think that may be the plan for the rest of the season

Gronk

Staff member

Legal Eel

Juniors
Very happy for MA - hope he smashes it this weekend.
Pleas don’t get me wrong, I am more than happy for MA and for parramattas sake I hope he transfers his skills to first grade, although to be honest I think at this point his general speed across all areas is lacking.

my main point is that TCTs assessment of the kid should be taken with a grain of salt, because they seem to hold a significant brief for the entire Arthur family and MA by extension

yy_cheng

Coach
Pleas don’t get me wrong, I am more than happy for MA and for parramattas sake I hope he transfers his skills to first grade, although to be honest I think at this point his general speed across all areas is lacking.
I thought this at first. He doesn't seem blessed with Speed (must be genetic) and seems small.

But then most hookers arent that fast and I guess what matters is Heart and being quick between the ears. So I would give him a crack before making further judgement.

Harry isnt fast but good at identify lazy markers and Boods does this as well.

Hands, however, I think the service is slicker but not that good at taking on markers.

Robson last night was passing the ball right in front of moses.

Our hookers dont do that.

Gronk

Staff member
I thought this at first. He doesn't seem blessed with Speed (must be genetic) and seems small.

But then most hookers arent that fast and I guess what matters is Heart and being quick between the ears. So I would give him a crack before making further judgement.

Harry isnt fast but good at identify lazy markers and Boods does this as well.

Hands, however, I think the service is slicker but not that good at taking on markers.

Robson last night was passing the ball right in front of moses.

Our hookers dont do that.
Hands doesn't have a money ball or a short kick. So he might have good service and can tackle, but his bag of tricks is pretty much empty.

Agree with Robson, he was tough and often engaged the line (got the markers interested) before shifting.

King-Gutho94

Coach
interesting considering Hands is a half too.

Maybe he hasnt brought it out yet
Tbf when do we ever use a short kick near the tryline.

It was absent the whole time Moses was missing and even since he has returned we tend to run it on the last more.

It seems to be a tactic to not risk 7 tackles and just get tackled 5m out from tryline to make the opposition work it out. Then roll it into the in-goal.

Hands showed in the trials he could kick from D/H.

Incorrect

Coach
I am guessing the Coach instructs him what he should really focus on and hold off on other things.
This. Players will almost always do exactly as they're instructed to by their coach. In the case of a youngster trying to establish himself and hold his place in first grade, he's hardly going to go off piste and do his own thing. He'd be back in Cup before he could blink.

This is common knowledge.

Gronk

Staff member
Coach's game plan.

I am guessing the Coach instructs him what he should really focus on and hold off on other things. It very could be that he has to work on those skills at training more before unleashing it.
This. Players will almost always do exactly as they're instructed to by their coach. In the case of a youngster trying to establish himself and hold his place in first grade, he's hardly going to go off piste and do his own thing. He'd be back in Cup before he could blink.

This is common knowledge.
Yeah nah. Hands just isn't that good. He's 26 next birthday FFS. He's not a rookie finding his way. He's been playing senior footy since 2019.

Maybe it's the coach's fault that Lumelume isn't great too? :p

You're drawing a long bow to suggest that coaches purposely hold back players from excelling UNLESS we are talking about players like Bryce and the way that the staff sought to eliminate his unforced errors.