What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Tuesday- Week 3: Grand Final Qualifier - Parra v Cowboys discussion thread

Angry_eel

First Grade
If we aren't winning the GF this year then I just hope it's not the Bunnies. The carry on and media love-fest that would eventuate around the likes of Latrell and Cody Walker would be excruciating. As much as I loathe the likes of Luai and May and their eshay bullshit, I'd probably prefer they knock the Rabbits over this week....
We might hate him but if that happens Latrell will go down as a player in a generation having won the Premiership with 2 teams playing a big part in both.

Incorrect

Coach
We might hate him but if that happens Latrell will go down as a player in a generation having won the Premiership with 2 teams playing a big part in both.
Keary and Cronk have already done it in the current generation so he'd be joining an ever growing list of generational players.....

King-Gutho94

Coach
He's achieved his KPI. He stays in my opinion. Just hope he hires a good D Coach. Our D has definitely changed/improved other than Waqas brain farts. Maybe Carr has initiated said change gradually since his appointment so its a pity hes leaving if thats the case. New ideas never hurt though. Seibold or Peter Wallace come on down.
Did we sign the Warriors back rower?
Nathan Cayless is coming back.

I assume he will be the D Coach.

He was at tigers this year so not a ringing endorsement.

lucablight

First Grade
I find Riccio one of the better ones. His not like Buzz, Paul Kent, Hooper's that need to be bribed basically so they will look after you.
Riccio thinks we don’t have any superstars so we shouldn’t be expected to go deep in finals. Clown comment.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Riccio thinks we don’t have any superstars so we shouldn’t be expected to go deep in finals. Clown comment.
Well we don't have who would you consider an out and out x-factor superstar in this squad.

Moses is our most important but would you consider him a x-factor or superstar. He is playing the most consistent footy granted.

Gutho is hard working and effort.

Dylan Brown may get there next year he is close just needs to be more consistent. Still goes missing once a month.

lucablight

First Grade
Well we don't have who would you consider an out and out x-factor superstar in this squad.

Moses is our most important but would you consider him a x-factor or superstar. He is playing the most consistent footy granted.

Gutho is hard working and effort.

Dylan Brown may get there next year he is close just needs to be more consistent. Still goes missing once a month.
We have plenty of players who have X factor (eg Drown, Paulo, Matterson, Lane and Moses). In fact I’d say Moses has more X factor than Cleary. If those players are on then we are good enough.

emjaycee

Coach
Nathan Cayless is coming back.

I assume he will be the D Coach.

He was at tigers this year so not a ringing endorsement.
Not sure Cayless is planned to be D coach.
From what I am hearing, we are strengthening a few areas and still looking for a new D coach.

A new Head of Elite Pathways is on the cards (a former NRL assistant coach and interim NRL coach for a club that made this years top 4) as well as Nathan Brown (the coach) in a Coaching Co-Ordinator role for the Elite Pathways teams.
Obviously Barrett has already been announced as Assistant Coach with a focus on Attack.

Kilkenny

Coach
Wife and I went to Townsville for our Round 25 game against the Cowboys. We booked our trip at the start of the season so had no idea how the season would unfold, as things turned out we played a weakened side and we’re resoundingly beaten to be expected.

The conditions around weather will not be a factor, perfect for both sides. Your biggest enemy will be the waiting around with not much to do other than wait after your arrival sometime Thursday. Even more daunting will be a very vocal and raucous home crowd, so you ain’t gonna get too many 50-50 calls, quite the opposite. Having experienced the atmosphere I suspect you will finish behind on the penalty count and six again calls, just the way it may be. Not being a prophet of doom just pointing out what you come up against.

Good luck, all the best, I would love a battle of west for the GF but you are going to have to get there the hard way.

emjaycee

Coach
Wife and I went to Townsville for our Round 25 game against the Cowboys. We booked our trip at the start of the season so had no idea how the season would unfold, as things turned out we played a weakened side and we’re resoundingly beaten to be expected.

The conditions around weather will not be a factor, perfect for both sides. Your biggest enemy will be the waiting around with not much to do other than wait after your arrival sometime Thursday. Even more daunting will be a very vocal and raucous home crowd, so you ain’t gonna get too many 50-50 calls, quite the opposite. Having experienced the atmosphere I suspect you will finish behind on the penalty count and six again calls, just the way it may be. Not being a prophet of doom just pointing out what you come up against.

Good luck, all the best, I would love a battle of west for the GF but you are going to have to get there the hard way.
So are you.

JokerEel

Coach
Not sure Cayless is planned to be D coach.
From what I am hearing, we are strengthening a few areas and still looking for a new D coach.

A new Head of Elite Pathways is on the cards (a former NRL assistant coach and interim NRL coach for a club that made this years top 4) as well as Nathan Brown (the coach) in a Coaching Co-Ordinator role for the Elite Pathways teams.
Obviously Barrett has already been announced as Assistant Coach with a focus on Attack.

Thats a hard clue! the top 3 had a different coach through the season thanks to covid.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Interesting stats (happy to be corrected)

we have 2 games of experience of being in a GF qualifier - Paulo / Matterson

Cowboys have 11 games experience:

Mcclean (2), JT (3), Feldt (3) Townsend, Holmes and Hess

King-Gutho94

Coach
Driving home from work today saw a few parra flags hanging out in some front yards and one flag stuck to a tree in back streets of prospect.

If we can the make the GF and there will be plenty more I suspect.

Excitement is building.