What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List Tuesday

Dea

Juniors
Pleased to see some changes to the team but wonder if we needed something else in the forwards. Our forwards are showing signs of being tired and off the pace. Bringing on Robson to play McInnes elsewhere in the pack, I’m just not sure.

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Gould is far from finished as an administrator. He will if appointed similar to that as he was at Penrith, make decisions that may please many and upset even more, it comes down to the resolve of the board to stand bye his decisions. If it pans out, It would be reasonable to think this could be his last NRL gig.
There's no one in the place that can make any decent decision at the moment

Gould is far from finished as an administrator. He will if appointed similar to that as he was at Penrith, make decisions that may please many and upset even more, it comes down to the resolve of the board to stand bye his decisions. If it pans out, It would be reasonable to think this could be his last NRL gig.
Gould would not be allowed to make the necessary changes and he would not accept to be manipulated by the Board either.
I honestly can't see how it would work.
Bennet came and the first thing he did was get rid of McGregor. Won 2 minor premierships and a glorious title during his tenure.
8 years hence McGregor is the head coach over seeing a shambles.
Hard for me to comprehend....

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Gould would not be allowed to make the necessary changes and he would not accept to be manipulated by the Board either.
I honestly can't see how it would work.
Bennet came and the first thing he did was get rid of McGregor. Won 2 minor premierships and a glorious title during his tenure.
8 years hence McGregor is the head coach over seeing a shambles.
Hard for me to comprehend....

As a shrewd operator, I doubt Gould would contemplate going to SGI unless there was an ironclad guarantee that he wouldn’t be restricted in making any changes that are necessary for the betterment of the club.

You may not agree with all of his views, but he’s not dumb either.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
These changes by the “coach” are as predictable as a Darwin weather forecast. Suffice to say I’m not overly satisfied.

A few points:

1. what does Kerr have to do in order to get an extended run in the side....last week, although cautious, he looked suited to first grade...given Sims’ return, I’d have retained Josh over Host whose form has diminished noticeably.

2. Lomax hasn’t convinced me he’s solid under kicks, and he’s on a hiding to nothing now that Aitken has reverted back to right centre...Dufty had to be dropped but this could end horribly for Zac.

3. Pearson for Ravalawa is a “no brainer”, who in time, will become an answer to a trivia question at a pub....in years to come, we’ll reflect how substandard this bloke really is in terms of the NRL. Hopefully, Pearson’s lack of experience doesn’t affect his performance as I’m certain Cronulla will target him relentlessly.

4. Robson’s inclusion...is this the result of many reports linking him to the Cowboys?

He is far more talented than McInness will ever be, and if Robson has really departed we will all lament how awful the McGregor/Millward era was for SGI in years to come.

Como Connection

First Grade
These changes by the “coach” are as predictable as a Darwin weather forecast. Suffice to say I’m not overly satisfied.

A few points:

1. what does Kerr have to do in order to get an extended run in the side....last week, although cautious, he looked suited to first grade...given Sims’ return, I’d have retained Josh over Host whose form has diminished noticeably.

2. Lomax hasn’t convinced me he’s solid under kicks, and he’s on a hiding to nothing now that Aitken has reverted back to right centre...Dufty had to be dropped but this could end horribly for Zac.

3. Pearson for Ravalawa is a “no brainer”, who in time, will become an answer to a trivia question at a pub....in years to come, we’ll reflect how substandard this bloke really is in terms of the NRL. Hopefully, Pearson’s lack of experience doesn’t affect his performance as I’m certain Cronulla will target him relentlessly.

4. Robson’s inclusion...is this the result of many reports linking him to the Cowboys?

He is far more talented than McInness will ever be, and if Robson has really departed we will all lament how awful the McGregor/Millward era was for SGI in years to come.
Millward is not to blame if Robson leaves, he has no say on team selections.
CC

A few points:

I agree Dufty had to be dropped. He is just not physically endowed to play top NRL football, a shame as he has speed aplenty. He needs an intense regimen of weight training to bulk up a bit and a;lot of work to improve his defensive abilities and skill under the high ball. I see he is under 80 kilograms. Needs to get his weight up in the 88 kilogram range. Kerr certainly deserves a run.

Coffs dragon

Bench
As a shrewd operator, I doubt Gould would contemplate going to SGI unless there was an ironclad guarantee that he wouldn’t be restricted in making any changes that are necessary for the betterment of the club.

You may not agree with all of his views, but he’s not dumb either.
I really hope there is some truth to the Gould rumour, but I find it hard to fathom where Gus could fit in without completely rocking the ship & lounge chairs.
You would have to think Ian Millward and that new Coaching Director in Mick Crawley, would be surplus for starters. The coaching set up simply needs a broom & cannon....maybe that could be Gus Gould to implement!!

hewi

Bench
I would love Gould to come but find it hard to believe that a CEO and board that reappointed a moron as coach would bring on board some one like Gould who would go thru the place like a dose of salts like Geoff Carr did in the early nineties.

possm

Coach
Millward is not to blame if Robson leaves, he has no say on team selections.
CC
He accepts the praise and should accept the blame as well. The whole structure is wrong. Millward should be working for the head coach and reporting directly to him. If Gould comes in he will seek out a top line coach and change the reporting structure.

possm

Coach
I would love Gould to come but find it hard to believe that a CEO and board that reappointed a moron as coach would bring on board some one like Gould who would go thru the place like a dose of salts like Geoff Carr did in the early nineties.
It is not hard to accept if you believe this deal was done during negotiations of the WIN share buyout. Now that deal has been honoured bring in Gould to do the dirty work and send Mary on his way with a golden handshake.

blacksafake

First Grade
Agree,
Which tends to indicate that the story is BS.

since77

Juniors

Lomax is actually a fullback. That his preferred position. The only way it will end horribly for Zac is when Widdop returns from injury and McGregor decides to play 3 halves in the same team again.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
It is not hard to accept if you believe this deal was done during negotiations of the WIN share buyout. Now that deal has been honoured bring in Gould to do the dirty work and send Mary on his way with a golden handshake.
so why on earth did they re-sign Mary a few weeks back? If the Gould thing was on, then I am baffled by that decision. Perhaps, as some say, he has mates on the board and they were happy for him to go out with a decent payout otherwise I am lost. If Gould does come in then my faith is partially restored although Penrith are hardly killing it in his wake.

Old Timer

Coach
If coach can't do it by now with all the things that have been thrown his way by the BOD then he will never do it regardless of who or what they give him from here on in.
If Gould comes IMO he comes as coach and all the rest are given the boot immediately.
Mary doesn't deserve anymore assistants or assistance.
Agarol & Laxettes required.

Latest posts