What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list V Panthers

GT0007

Juniors
What is this club's obsession with Bronson Harrison?? He grabs more arms than a nun on wild boys afloat!

Would be funny if not true, I dont understand how he gets a run when he plays with no heart what so ever. He has the ability but no ticker and thinks defense is optional!

Joey_dragons

Juniors
Good team chosen with runicman in instead of green.
Our best forward in cooper is starting
And dan hunt is also out. ( is he really injured or is it an excuse not to choose him )
I would of like Garvey given another game starting and giving rein sometime in the cutters.

I think the coaching after so long are starting to have brains

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
Look okay considering injuries and origin. If our little blokes can set up the not so big blokes quicker we may be in with a chance. I just don't understand why one of those cutters front rowers don't come on the bench in the place of harrison who has been the slackest forward in first grade. I would really like to see big josh ailo or even the Fijian battler peni botiki have a run on the bench. Mary is having some gambles and they are not completely rash. What is the harm in trying a big guy who wants to play first grade over a cushion middle weight fella who seems to not want his contract renewed?

Highland Saint

Juniors
Unfortunately with an overall younger squad I think they see Harrison (member of the senior playing group) as a necessary stabilizing player.
I think its a mistake and they should be picking on form. If the players you're supposed to be looking to for guidance are phoning it in whats the lesson there?

GT0007

Juniors
Look okay considering injuries and origin. If our little blokes can set up the not so big blokes quicker we may be in with a chance. I just don't understand why one of those cutters front rowers don't come on the bench in the place of harrison who has been the slackest forward in first grade. I would really like to see big josh ailo or even the Fijian battler peni botiki have a run on the bench. Mary is having some gambles and they are not completely rash. What is the harm in trying a big guy who wants to play first grade over a cushion middle weight fella who seems to not want his contract renewed?

I'm a bit of a fan of Aliomia but he can produce an error however would pick him over Harrison. Even though Tia-Kalifi is not signed to the Dragons he has been the best for the Cutters in about 6 games I've seen. Mataka not too bad either

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
In the good old + old days we would see reserve grade players get a chance at playing first grade more often.We must resume this practice and give em a go.Especially the forwards.

Lancelot](*,)](*,):-({|=

nrlnrl

First Grade
But, someone here on this very forum said that Runciman is overrated. And I'm pretty sure said forumite gets good mail and is totally in the know. Didn't he, like, drop a ball or throw a bad pass or something?

Serously, terrble player. FACT.

if he doesn't score a hat trick & set up 3 other tries he should be dropped

jenninga

First Grade
I'm a bit of a fan of Aliomia but he can produce an error however would pick him over Harrison. Even though Tia-Kalifi is not signed to the Dragons he has been the best for the Cutters in about 6 games I've seen. Mataka not too bad either

The opposition must look at our bench and gain confidence before they run out onto the field,put Ailomai,error or no error he gives us something we haven't had all year,decent go forward from a mongrel.

hazzbeen

Bench
Any Mongrel will do......dont care if he has mistakes in him we need something to rev them up......Ailomai,error or no error he gives us something we haven't had all year,decent go forward from a mongrel.

Last edited:

TheFrog

Coach
They'll beat us by about 14 without ever really getting out of second gear.

So what will it be if they get into top gear? This is a team who cannot get a player into Origin, and who several writers have come out this week and stated they don't rate. They are fielding very close to their best possible team. Soward will be hungry. I remember in 1991 Phil Gould sent the Panthers out against Balmain "for a kill". The same might happen here. All the ingredients are there.

Last edited:

Ace-STi

Juniors
I think we are a better than chance the bookies or anyone else is giving us.......

I have looked at Pennies Draw also and have to admit that they have had an easier than most.

Looking at their draw they have already played Newcastle, Titans and Raiders twice.

Played Dogs, Rabbitohs and Melbourne only once each.

The last 6 games have been

Titans
Sharks
Newcastle
Raiders
Parramatta
Titans again

not taking away that they have won 4 on the trot but in the same time we have played Warriors, Roosters, Dogs, Parramatta, Rabbitohs and Sharks

4 top 8 sides vs their 1 (Parramatta)

TheFrog

Coach
I think we are a better than chance the bookies or anyone else is giving us.......

I have looked at Pennies Draw also and have to admit that they have had an easier than most.

Looking at their draw they have already played Newcastle, Titans and Raiders twice.

Played Dogs, Rabbitohs and Melbourne only once each.

The last 6 games have been

Titans
Sharks
Newcastle
Raiders
Parramatta
Titans again

not taking away that they have won 4 on the trot but in the same time we have played Warriors, Roosters, Dogs, Parramatta, Rabbitohs and Sharks

4 top 8 sides vs their 1 (Parramatta)

The Titans were leading the comp when we played them the first time, having won 4 in a row, and in the 8 the second time. We were pretty strong outsiders in the Newcastle game as well, and 4 of those 6 have been on the road.

Anyway, SportsTab is offering $5.00 on the Dragons on the nose. I suggest you get on now if you don't rate the opposition.

TruSaint

Referee
So what will it be if they get into top gear? This is a team who cannot get a player into Origin, and who several writers have come out this week and stated they don't rate. They are fielding very close to their best possible team. Soward will be hungry. I remember in 1991 Phil Gould sent the Panthers out against Balmain "for a kill". The same might happen here. All the ingredients are there.

Confidence is a nice trait Frog.
You guys are favourites, thats ok.
1991? Ha.

I can refer back to 1979 when Bath's babes wanted to " crush the opposition".
Difference is we did it in September not June.

You have a solid footy side that has done well thus far.
Congrats.
You wont win the title matey. A month ago the Titans were riding high.

Enjoy the moment. You will probably beat a depleted side, but it wont be a hiding.

dragons10110

Juniors
Thanks TruSaint

He was one a best buys in 2012 and that time we actually had some go forward.
He is exactly what were missing.

Latest posts