What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team List v Raiders

Who is to say the kid won’t play?
I reckon talakai to centres and hiroti out.
Graham left edge again.

I'm on the same page as you Shaggs, I thought Trindall and Tracey as halves would be a first choice given that they looked pretty comfortable together in the game against the Gold Coast. I'll go as far as saying the coach wanted to humour the players after last Saturday's loss and injuries by naming a ridiculous team so they could all have a good laugh.

I also thought Jackson Ferris might have had a go but he might not be ready after the injury.

I would prefer to be playing Parra in the first semi final but what hope can we have of the Wests Tigers beating them ?

Praying for more ducks 'n drakes silly buggers. BKT to 7, Wado to left edge, Talakai for Hiroti or Wilton.

Where's Katoa?? He's injured too??

President Trump

Juniors
Should play Vasquez, Magoulias, and as many second-tier forwards as we can and give them instructions to just belt the Raiders physically to soften them up for next week. Do the same thing as Daniel Anderson did coaching the Eels in 2009 - deliberately lose to the Dragons in Round 26 and give the team no game plan so the Dragons would have no idea what was about to hit them in week 1 of the finals.

shaggs

Coach
Should play Vasquez, Magoulias, and as many second-tier forwards as we can and give them instructions to just belt the Raiders physically to soften them up for next week. Do the same thing as Daniel Anderson did coaching the Eels in 2009 - deliberately lose to the Dragons in Round 26 and give the team no game plan so the Dragons would have no idea what was about to hit them in week 1 of the finals.
Why?
That raiders team is less than 50% of the side we play in week 1

Frenzy.

Immortal
The more interesting thing about our side is who was not picked.
Here's our list of injuries according to NRL.com
Cronulla Sharks
  • Josh Dugan (knee, TBC)
  • Wade Graham (suspension, round 20)
  • Chad Townsend (suspension, finals week one)
  • Matt Moylan (hamstring, season)
  • Shaun Johnson (Achilles, season)
  • Royce Hunt (knee, season)
  • Bronson Xerri (suspended, indefinite)
  • Cameron King (ACL, season)

I read a couple of weeks ago that Ferris was available, if so why isnt he getting mentioned? I thought he had a great debut game.
Trindall---- hmmm. Him and Ferris are off contract arent they? Maybe their non-picking has somethig to do with this. Who knows.

Ferris isn't in the top squad. Needed dispensation to play him in that game. I don't think he can be selected. And he's broken

myrrh ken

First Grade
Maybe this is bombers way of resting wado. I hope he doesnt pull a hammy with kicking duties.

We shouldn't give a shit either. We are locked in 8. Should be resting Brailey and others

Frenzy.

Immortal
Maybe this is bombers way of resting wado. I hope he doesnt pull a hammy with kicking duties.

We shouldn't give a shit either. We are locked in 8. Should be resting Brailey and others

Raises another point. Surely Trindall is a better goal kicker than Bubba who I assume will be kicking.

Inferno

Coach
Paul Kent the dopey twat is blowing up about players being rested. What a joke.

Smart move by Ricky. Play a full strength side and smash us and he'll have a hard time getting them up for playing them the following week.

Sure won't have that problem whatever the result.

Frenzy.

Immortal
He has a fair point.

Broadcasters pay mega millions to broadcast the best players. That's what they pay for. They're not getting what they pay freight to get.

Then again, who cares.

roboshark

Coach
actually do we ever want to win this game because if we win that means we play Canberra again but if we lose and for some reason Parramatta lose then we play Parramatta which is a far easier game

roboshark

Coach
and if sexy isn't injured then we have taken away his chance of becoming the competition leading try scorer