What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team list Wednesday vs Newcastle Knights

King-Gutho94

Coach
Hahahaha I was at that game too! Left work early to get there. I think I left with about 20 to go. I remember Corey Norman attempting a kick from inside our own half early in the game where he totally fluffed it with no attacking pressure on him, and I knew it was not going to be our day.
He kicked in into the back of Cameron King who was dummy half from memory.

Summed up Corey Norman

DaveMc

Juniors
He kicked in into the back of Cameron King who was dummy half from memory.

Summed up Corey Norman
That’s right! I couldn’t recall if he kicked it into someone or if it just missesd his boot entirely. What a shit night. I think we made Ken Sio look like prime Semi Radradra.

hindy111

Post Whore
I like Doorey, but I don't think he's fit enough to play 80 mins yet. He gets gassed playing up in NRL. He's a good hole runner though. Probably the best in the club.

Definitely not Parra fit. He will get there. Give him a few years.

hindy111

Post Whore
oh ffs, aren't you the one telling us that Russell and Dumspter are not NRL quality and Blake is better and also we have our best player out ?

Yes. Waqa is far better then Dunster.

Look at Storm you rabbit or Penrith or Roosters.Souths and Manly. Theyve had hammer blow injuries so far all season. We've had like 1 start forward out each week and apologists are using this to defend us losing.
Ridiculous.

the phantom menace

First Grade
Dunster back in - I guess we had no choice, hope he's feeling stronger for the recent run. Matterson to edge to plug defence is probably needed, assuming this is on the side opposite Penisini?

Didn't expect Paulo and Greig to start together - bit of a similar style thing happening there? Hodgson and Hopgood starting in the middle... I hope BA has the interchange sorted well/differently for this week, otherwise we'll start to really leak up the guts from the 20min mark.

13th versus 12th - this game should be there for the taking if we're serious, and if we want it badly enough. But I think we need Cartwright, Hands, Doorey and Makatoa all to do big minutes (minumum 40mins) if we're to be any chance of not letting this game slip away.

hindy111

Post Whore
Dunster back in - I guess we had no choice, hope he's feeling stronger for the recent run. Matterson to edge to plug defence is probably needed, assuming this is on the side opposite Penisini?

Didn't expect Paulo and Greig to start together - bit of a similar style thing happening there? Hodgson and Hopgood starting in the middle... I hope BA has the interchange sorted well/differently for this week, otherwise we'll start to really leak up the guts from the 20min mark.

13th versus 12th - this game should be there for the taking if we're serious, and if we want it badly enough. But I think we need Cartwright, Hands, Doorey and Makatoa all to do big minutes (minumum 40mins) if we're to be any chance of not letting this game slip away.

If we lost to the Knights it would be our lowest point since 2018 imo.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Interesting our first game against them at Commbank since 2019. That game I think was a close one and first win against Newcastle in a few years.

For so many years when Parra did well and Knights werent, they would always get on top of the Eels.

Its a must win game, they have to improve on last week's performance, but who knows.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Interesting our first game against them at Commbank since 2019. That game I think was a close one and first win against Newcastle in a few years.

For so many years when Parra did well and Knights werent, they would always get on top of the Eels.

Its a must win game, they have to improve on last week's performance, but who knows.
Yeah we have sort of turned it around since O'Brien took over.

BA has never lost to his best mate AOB.

4-0 against him and in those games Newcastle have only scored 6 tries which 4 of them came in the semi at Rockhampton in 2021.

We have given them a few pastings in Newcastle last few years.

But means nothing come Friday.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Knights are playing much better than Our Eels. I expect them to win. Kaylan MOTM.
Go Parra!
Its setup for him now he has been back for one week.

We look like we don't have the enough hunger atm.

We are playing like a team content to go through the motions that needs a bomb lit through the team to fire them up.

I don't think a 6pm Friday game will light the fire either with a smallish crowd.