What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team named vs Panthers

Bay56

First Grade
What does Henry see in Miller that he cant see in Thurlo (+ more).

I've watched both play and yea I dont attend training sessions, but FFS Henry.

We've picked an injured LW ... Is Herbert still injured ?? .... Geez !!

matt

Juniors
bay i am guessing that after a courageous yet mistake riddled effort from LW henry is towing the political correct line with fingers crossed behind his back..maybe a late call up for the HERB...at least i would hope thats what he is doing.

colly raider

Juniors
Bay56 said:
What does Henry see in Miller that he cant see in Thurlo (+ more).

I've watched both play and yea I dont attend training sessions, but FFS Henry.

We've picked an injured LW ... Is Herbert still injured ?? .... Geez !!

Herbert is named at 5/8 for souths Logan this weekend. He must be fit again. He will partner Dobson in the halves.
Bronx Goodwin is named at fullback, so there must be no doubt about Zillmans fitness.

mxlegend99

Referee
You guys are worrying about our forward pack for no reason IMO.

Tony Puletua and Frank Pritchard might tower over your blokes, but these guys are lazy and your blokes will have a field day running at them. Unless the humiliating loss to the Broncos fires them up... these guys will do nothing.

Nathan Smith will no doubt make more tackles and hitups then both combined, and i bet he doesn't strike fear into your team. Raiders fans don't rate him, but i have to give him credit for his efforts. The only backrower you have to watch out for is Trent Waterhouse... he is big, tough and works hard.

The front row is the exact opposite though. Frank Puletua, Adam Woolnough and ofcourse Petero Civoniceva are all hard working blokes that don't shy from a heavy workload. Brendon Worth isn't the most talented player, nor is he aggressive. But he will put in 100%.

Panthers only chance is if Blair and Sammut can rip your team apart from the centre of the field and spread the ball to our faster backs in Wesser, Tighe and Jennings. If you can stop these guys from making a break, you should win with ease.

My predicted scoreline:
Raiders 32
Panthers 10

dubby

Bench
MX,

you over estimate our team. We were woeful against a team tipped to come last, you were walloped by a home team in high temperatures that will figure in the 8.

Big difference.

Panthers should win this, and win well. I cant see our pack matching yours and your backs are quicker than ours.

And why Neil has picked a busted Withers I have no idea, and I hope Logan isnt carrying any niggles or we will have zero ability to break the line......unless Weyman fires up. Even then I expect him to be baited into a blue and then sent to the bin.

mxlegend99

Referee
True, the Broncos have a much better team, and the weather did help them.

But still. We got smashed by 36 points. The worst stat being we made 15 errors with only 36% possession. We've got a lot of problems to fix. Hopefully both teams play better than the fans expect.

dubby

Bench
Bay56 said:
Agree dubster ... and if it does who do you blame.

Selection of the team is always the responisibilty of the coach bay, you know that.

I think Neil has the mindset that Todd and Campo are our best options. If Campo doesnt fire at 6, I'd love to see Todd back at 6 and give Herbert a chance at 7 with Campo on the bench.

azza

Juniors
:lol: I love when fans use reverse psychology by praising the other team silly in the hope it will get us a win.

dubby

Bench
azza said:
:lol: I love when fans use reverse psychology by praising the other team silly in the hope it will get us a win.

....and I love it when fans use "insightful comments" like that to exploit what would be such a stupid idea in the first place...:sarcasm:

You make it sound as if the Raiders are reading every thread in here to find some motivation.....FGS azza :roll:

Lime_Green

Juniors
Best?!? That makes no sense, we don't have anyone to sub in for him, unless Brett Kelly or David Milne have made some sort of miraculous recovery and are being thrown straight into FG.

Are you sure PP?

julian87

Juniors
Yeah, I find it hard to believe that Best will be dropped. I could only imagine Joel Thompson will play centre and Phil Graham wing if that is the case.

Raider_69

Post Whore
Ive been reliably informed that Hinchcliffe will definitely play... withers will be a late withdrawal.

Weyman will not play and Thurling will play instead. So that coincides with PP's info... first ive herd about Colin Best though... pressumably Milne or Kelly might be a late includsion... interesting none the less

colly raider

Juniors
Maybe Bronx is being left in Canberra incase Zillman isnt right? Best may be going up to the souths logan game to play fullback in his spot.
Bronx would then play on the wing on Saturday for the Raiders if Zillman is fit?
Only a guess?

Latest posts