What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team next week and going forward

PJ

First Grade
Ready fitness wise or ready NRL wise?

Fitness wise it would be worse to wait as each week off makes him less fit

NRL wise? Everyone has to debut sooner or later.

He CAN NOT be worse

Thought you were a Chad fan.

imasharkie

Coach
Well the season is over we will not being winning it, if we fall into the 8 will be knocked out first week, its time to make changes in who we want in the team, what the club believes should be there.

Moylan & Fifita will be out next week, Ronaldo should be back

1. Mulitalo (Lets see how he goes)
2. Katao
3. Ramien
4. Dugan (not a fullback tried his guts out back to centre)
5. McDonald/Ferris (Goodwin leaves end of year keep him backup for injury)
6. Johnson
7. Trindall (CT is toast goodbye)
8. Uele
9. Brailey (c) Give him the job for next 10 years
10. Williams (last chance at prop)
11. Wilton (time to give him a chance)
12. Nikora
13. Graham (move to middle can float around field)

Bench
14. Rudolf
15. Talakai
16.Sorensen (Magoulias next cab off rank till Fifita is back)
17.Hunt

No more Woods or CT, we play Warriors next week, i dont want Bomber sticking with same team then we win and all looks good for a week or 2, or Bomber drops a player like Goodwin or McDonald and everyone says he has done something, its time to get rid of CT/Woods, and those who are not part of Sharks going forward
Not SS, Billy deserves his chance. Otherwise you've selected the best team. Shame our coach doesn't see or act. I liked the appointment of Bomber but he has let me down. The club should bring Flanno in as his assistant.

Version IV

Juniors
Not SS, Billy deserves his chance. Otherwise you've selected the best team. Shame our coach doesn't see or act. I liked the appointment of Bomber but he has let me down. The club should bring Flanno in as his assistant.

Happy to give Billy's his chance.

The example Morris needs to set is no more Woods/CT if they want to leave they can i would give them as loan players to Warriors.

Rest of squad on notice mistakes can be acceptable as long as you are trying example Rudolf/Talakai/Hunt they bust a gut i can accept a mistake from them, they are trying.

Players like Ferris/Vasquez/Wilton/Milne tell them you put in at training then next player eg Williams dosent put in you in team, the crap that we dished up cannot be accepted by the coach

Version IV

Juniors
Its not chads fault but. If you surround him with 5 superstars ,4 stars and 3 squad fillers hes good. Jusy don't ask your halfback to kick or set up trys. Whatever you do dont ask him to execute a 3 on 1 overlap.

He is the 4st stringer of your spine nothing ever better then that, he has never been able to step up

Don Tweddle

Juniors
Problem is Don, we need to try him, otherwise we dont he sits out year, i would be confident someone picks him up, and we are left with CT yet again

It’s possible he could leave at the end of the year if he doesn’t get a chance. It’s also possible we f**k up his development as a player by promoting him before his time and then dropping him when he doesn’t perform immediately. I’d prefer to bring him in on off the bench than throw him in at 7.

Ultimately we have been put in a difficult situation by Chad’s abysmal form. He seemed to have turned a corner but was as bad as ever yesterday.

snout

First Grade
Happy to give Billy's his chance.

The example Morris needs to set is no more Woods/CT if they want to leave they can i would give them as loan players to Warriors.

Rest of squad on notice mistakes can be acceptable as long as you are trying example Rudolf/Talakai/Hunt they bust a gut i can accept a mistake from them, they are trying.

Players like Ferris/Vasquez/Wilton/Milne tell them you put in at training then next player eg Williams dosent put in you in team, the crap that we dished up cannot be accepted by the coach
VV - you need to understand bomber will never ever drop Chad or Woods.

Never.

Ever.

Hes the seibold style of coach who believes the 'name' players simply pick themselves each week....If l do what they want they will love me and play better.
The only players they drop are wingers.
The ONLY players.

Last edited:

roboshark

Coach
He has already basically said it will be the same side next week. Didn't even raise his voice

Must need 60 for that

Hey we made the semis last year

Ads

First Grade
We all know morris will pick the same 21 again. Ronaldo will probably return for nene and that’s it.

I think there’s problems with how Morris is setting us up. Mainly the 4 forward bench. We are running a prop rotation only. Lock is still being used as a 3rd prop and unless someone gets injured we just run through our prop rotations. There’s no skill in the middle. It can work steam rolling lesser squads but it’s not gonna cut the mustard against the better teams. Until we free up the 13 as a creative or more agile metre eater we’ll continue to be fodder.

Frenzy.

Immortal
We all know morris will pick the same 21 again. Ronaldo will probably return for nene and that’s it.

I think there’s problems with how Morris is setting us up. Mainly the 4 forward bench. We are running a prop rotation only. Lock is still being used as a 3rd prop and unless someone gets injured we just run through our prop rotations. There’s no skill in the middle. It can work steam rolling lesser squads but it’s not gonna cut the mustard against the better teams. Until we free up the 13 as a creative or more agile metre eater we’ll continue to be fodder.

Just heard Pissflap getting interviewed on 2SM. They were asking him about McInnes and Hunt. He went on about hunt a bit but he also said that McInnes was the one pushing to play lock and that they eased him because you need a ball playing backorder in the new game. A forward who can set up the other forwards.

I din't even have to call him to tell him

Version IV

Juniors
Just heard Pissflap getting interviewed on 2SM. They were asking him about McInnes and Hunt. He went on about hunt a bit but he also said that McInnes was the one pushing to play lock and that they eased him because you need a ball playing backorder in the new game. A forward who can set up the other forwards.

I din't even have to call him to tell him
I hope Morris was listening

Tiger Shark

Bench
Legitimate changes I would consider is something like this:

Dugan
Ronaldo
Goodwin
Ramien
Katoa

Johnson
Townsend

Uele
Brailey
Williams

Talakai
Nikora
Graham

Rudolph
Hunt
Sorensen
Bayuka/Milne/Vasquez/Wilton - whoever is ready.

Basically f**k off woods and McDonald, put Williams up front and Graham to lock.

Naming someone who has retired. Good to see you're across the squad.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I’d make a few changes here that probably wont make me too popular.

- Obviously my thoughts on Chad are well known. I would definitely look at bringing in someone like Trindall to add some off the cuff type play and just basic all round footy smarts in attack. The only query would be his defence but let’s be honest it couldn’t be much worse.
- Nikora to bench. I just don’t see him as someone who justifies his spot in the starting 13. I think he would add more punch off the bench. I’d look at starting someone like Sorenson over him or even Talakai.
- Kennedy to fullback and here is the reason why- we are weakening 2 positions to have Josh play fullback. Not to mention how exposed it left us when the panthers just peppered their attack to our left side. Do we want a fullback that can run it hard and make some yardage whilst being exposed on the edge in defence, or do we want a fullback that will bring the ball back obviously not as good as Duges but strengthen our defence as a whole? I’ll take option 2 thanks.

Weaponhead

Coach
I’d make a few changes here that probably wont make me too popular.

- Obviously my thoughts on Chad are well known. I would definitely look at bringing in someone like Trindall to add some off the cuff type play and just basic all round footy smarts in attack. The only query would be his defence but let’s be honest it couldn’t be much worse.
- Nikora to bench. I just don’t see him as someone who justifies his spot in the starting 13. I think he would add more punch off the bench. I’d look at starting someone like Sorenson over him or even Talakai.
- Kennedy to fullback and here is the reason why- we are weakening 2 positions to have Josh play fullback. Not to mention how exposed it left us when the panthers just peppered their attack to our left side. Do we want a fullback that can run it hard and make some yardage whilst being exposed on the edge in defence, or do we want a fullback that will bring the ball back obviously not as good as Duges but strengthen our defence as a whole? I’ll take option 2 thanks.
Your reasoning makes good sense. Chad and Nikora have underperformed most of the season and there are players good enough to fill those places to improved the team. It's about time that underperformers were held to account.

Agree with Dugan at centre. I dont think Kennedy has it but Goodwin at centre is not the answer. He is too slow to react. Solid enough finisher on the wing. Dugan has defended very well at left centre.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I would try Trindall, but the fullback and the hooker need to be the men.

Edge players for sure need to do a job, like front rowers.

2020, nine and one is what wins.

Trindall is also our best goal kicker.

Shaun give it up.