What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team: Saints v Brisbane

borat

Bench
petetheileet said:
f**k...do we have another center in our squad....Chase should fill in, but then we just need another winger

Lulia straight into the centres aparently

2 True Blues

Coach
Soward will win this game for you guys. Atleast Saints had the wisdom to give the young bloke a chance. Dividends times 100 here !!!!

This Year?

Immortal
I think the Dragons are going to surprise a Broncos pack backing up after Origin and a Sunday-Friday turnaround. If Germ plays well and has some little men running the big Broncos pack ragged, I think a win may be possible. The main thing that concerns me is the Dragons forwards just can't control the ball.
If the Dragons lose (which is more than likely), it's not going to be a shock. If the Dragons manage to pull off a miracle, I would be ecstatic. I like to back an underdog and stranger things have happened in footy. It will be interesting to see how Soward goes in his 1st game in the Red V and how Thorby goes in his 1st grade debut. I enjoy nothing more than watching the Dragons win against the Broncos and hopefully that will happen again tonight.

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
Woohoo Dragons victory im watching it now and looks like they played pretty good the young dragons onto the sharkies at Oki next week.

W.Smith

Juniors
God I love this club !

I called this win at work this week and had all the boys giving it to me, even my fellow saints "supporter", ( a closet Bronco fan)

So happy I made the trip down from Dubbo and now back at Mums and watching and reliving a BEAUTIFUL gutsy performance by the Big Sexy Red V

Should be a happy trip back in the morning

Soward = Brilliant !

I was so happy for the kid and a nice little back story of his dad being a HUGE Saints fan, I love him already

and he had plenty of mates an Im tipping a Ryles Origin recall

Steel Dragon

Bench
FUUUUCCCKKKK YYYEAAAAHHH!!!!!

Couldnt bring myself to tip it - but thoroughly loved the win!!

One of the commentators mentioned in the call how Brown has brought the young side together well this week....
I think its probably the opposite - this 'young side' is just the premier league team (who arent coached by Brown) doing what they do best!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - DOUST - PLEASE DONT GET RID OF THESE GOOD YOUNG KIDS!!!

Dragonheart

Juniors
MY GOD!! Who were those magnificent bastards wearing the red V tonight......certainly not the team I've been watching for the last 3 months :D

As much as I'll take the win I had 'em picked to win by 6 points...thanks Jamie....LOL

DR490NS

Juniors
DR490NS said:
mark my words.....biggest upset of the century come friday night....those 11 debutuants are gna show those 9 international broncs how to play footy.
the rangi n soward show.

*cough* *cough*

Southernsaint

Staff member
Southernsaint said:
Pat, I’m all for supporting the team but looking at the line ups and form common sense dictates that we’ll get smashed.

I am willing to be surprised like I was when our PL strength side went to Parra and smashed them by 30 during Origin a few years back.

Sometimes common sense takes a day off...

A great win, undoubtedly, but we're still only 2 points ahead of last. This effort is the benchmark now, and future matches will be judged on it. I hope the club can use it as something to build on, not a pinnacle of the season.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Southernsaint said:
A great win, undoubtedly, but we're still only 2 points ahead of last.
And yet, only two points out of the eight.
Southernsaint said:
This effort is the benchmark now, and future matches will be judged on it. I hope the club can use it as something to build on, not a pinnacle of the season.
Agree 100%.
I muttered it a few times that they now have to back it up every week.

Next round v Scum. Monday week. That's the next hurdle. Beat them and we go to 12 on the ladder and probably equal 'eighth'. Lose the match and the competition go 4 points clear.

borat

Bench
Southernsaint said:
Sometimes common sense takes a day off...

A great win, undoubtedly, but we're still only 2 points ahead of last. This effort is the benchmark now, and future matches will be judged on it. I hope the club can use it as something to build on, not a pinnacle of the season.

Yeah, I have never been happier to be wrong.

drake

First Grade
I just want to see that level of effort, passion and teamwork. If we are outplayed by a team of stars, I can wear that, as long as the effort is there.

Hopefully these youngsters can realise this is their time to really shine and keep it going week to week. Wouldn't it be beautiful to see these young, inexperienced guys pull a top 8 finish out of their arses? Maybe we could get the "Fairy Tale" tag and start getting a decent rub of the green.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
DPG, if you're looking for your post, it has been moved 'The Swamp' thread at the top... and for future reference.

This Year?

Immortal
I'm really happy about the win. The halves looked busy after the forwards got some metres. Hopefully after a few weeks, this young backline can form some combinations. I'm still surprised Saints only got 11 points after having a mountain of possession, but I think that's a testament to the Broncos defence. It was nice to see the Dragons camped in the opposition 20, as it's usually the other way around.
I really hope they've turned the corner now and can start to play some good footy. If the Dragons string a few wins together, it will really turn some heads.