What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v. Brisbane

hindy111

Post Whore
I cant count penalties.As they are legit points.And they may of scored a try if went for it with our defense. but yes still handed them 16 points. And ost ourself a potential 6 when let guy out of in goal.

Faraimo or falou when semi back? Faraimo for me. Jnr in for Mannah and that's our strongest team IMO

hindy111

Post Whore
7 runs for 64metres. Pathetic effort from our captain

wicks - 11 for 122
seph 16 - 163mtrs (the worse forward we have ever seen remember)
Fa'asso - 95 off 9
terepo- 164 off 16.
gower 107 off 12
watmough 72 off 8.

Less and less game time cause he is ineffective. 35 mins a game then hook.Like wattmough-Sports science has got them.

Mannah is like watching a chok muffin taking a hit up. Reminds me of Allgood

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Problem with this team is we need to win the games when we play well because when when we play poorly....

Apart from first 20 against the Warriors and the Titans game I thought the effort has been there. But yeah we have to play well to win, I reckon Foran/Scott will make a huge difference next year.

Swiftstylez

Bench
Youll find sandow threw the inside pass to farimo, kicked a 40 20, got repeat sets, was involved in farimos first try and was very involved with high stats in supercoach. Add on that kick on the inside that no one bothered to chase where other teams would have nabbed a try and you will find casper should stick to being a ghost

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
All that is true, but in was replying to the bloke who told us all all we needed to do was to get rid of Hayne for two good forwards and we would be a much better and balanced side. Well going on the first 8 rounds that theory is looking a little laughable.

It's spot on and I explained why. We are attacking and defending as well as last year. We've won slightly less than half our games, and in a small sample of eight games that's as good as 50-50.

You seem to have forgotten all the games last year where we got flogged or couldn't score. Hayne didn't change any of that, but when we got some injuries last year Hayne could do nothing to stop our collapse. This year we got our injuries in round one and we're coping a lot better.

EelsFan05

Bench
Youll find sandow threw the inside pass to farimo, kicked a 40 20, got repeat sets, was involved in farimos first try and was very involved with high stats in supercoach. Add on that kick on the inside that no one bothered to chase where other teams would have nabbed a try and you will find casper should stick to being a ghost

I'm converted then.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Anyone notice how mannah is getting less and less game time.BA is not silly.He knows that Terepo-gower-wicks-fa'asso are all better.If Mannah was in wenty he would not stand out enough to move into first grade.With Jnr to come back id even put lussick above him who atleast hits hard it defense. The big pillow is only in team cause he is captain. Watch for him to be dropped in the next 6 weeks.

I think you're only seeing what you want to see.

Last week (when we won) the only middle forward who got more minutes than Mannah was Joe Paulo.

Now run along and slash your wrists with the rest of them. Paulo ran for well over 100 metres last night as well. Must have been inflated by kickoff returns. :roll:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
7 runs for 64metres. Pathetic effort from our captain

It's down on his usual contribution so maybe it's an outlier hey? He might've been injured. Joe Paulo played more of a forward's role in that second half, with heaps of carries and metres. Whereas last week he played more as a middle half. And we won.

EelsFan05

Bench
I think you're only seeing what you want to see.

Last week (when we won) the only middle forward who got more minutes than Mannah was Joe Paulo.

Now run along and slash your wrists with the rest of them. Paulo ran for well over 100 metres last night as well. Must have been inflated by kickoff returns. :roll:

No, its inflated because he gets the ball every play he's on the field, usually f**king it up. But great stats are excellent, as long as your not concerned with actually winning. If you look at the stats we should have won that game easily, but we didn't.

Bandwagon

Staff member
It's spot on and I explained why. We are attacking and defending as well as last year. We've won slightly less than half our games, and in a small sample of eight games that's as good as 50-50.

You seem to have forgotten all the games last year where we got flogged or couldn't score. Hayne didn't change any of that, but when we got some injuries last year Hayne could do nothing to stop our collapse. This year we got our injuries in round one and we're coping a lot better.

We're coping better because our our pack is performing well above last year.

Add Hayne to that mix, and we are a much more dangerous proposition.

Noise

Coach
It's down on his usual contribution so maybe it's an outlier hey? He might've been injured. Joe Paulo played more of a forward's role in that second half, with heaps of carries and metres. Whereas last week he played more as a middle half. And we won.

Paulo played more of a forward role against manly and we won. Last week he went to middle half and we won. (Can't remember what he was doing in the souths game). And his role has changed in our losses too.BA needs to have 1 role for Joe Paulo. He either plays as a forward or a middle half. Changing the structure on a week to week basis does not help our halves, paulo or the team.

I think Noise's post was actually tongue in cheek....

But, the difference between Mannah's metreage and other games is 100% down to not taking kick off returns. People look at the total metres and don't look at their composition. Kickoff return metres aren't irrelevant, but adding them to genuine hit-ups (and in fact other runs from general play) doesn't tell you much about a forward's contribution to the team. It tells you how deep the opposition kick offs were.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No, its inflated because he gets the ball every play he's on the field, usually f**king it up. But great stats are excellent, as long as your not concerned with actually winning. If you look at the stats we should have won that game easily, but we didn't.

The stats show how individual players are performing. As for team stats, they don't show we should have won easily at all. I see the Broncos scored one more try than we did, and four extra goals. That's a stat you can't argue against, however much you try.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We're coping better because our our pack is performing well above last year.

Add Hayne to that mix, and we are a much more dangerous proposition.

If you add Hayne to the mix we don't afford a pack that is coping better. It is zero sum mate. You can't just add Hayne to a team with no other impacts. Otherwise of course they will be better. Any team would improve if you increased their salary cap by $1.5M

Latest posts