What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v. Brisbane

Not going any worse??? we are second last and have lost 2 games at home already. Keep going by your stats drop kick. Stats only tell a part of the story. I'd rather watch with my own eyes. Peats is way down on form from last year and add in no Hayne we are nowhere near the side we were last year. If Peats plays a full season we easily make the 8 last year.

Before Peats got injured we were comfortably in the 8 and would have played finals footy otherwise, we are light years away from finals footy this year. We are more chance of the spoon than the top 8. Our back line is the slowest in the comp. i'd argue from 1-7 we are the weakest in the comp by a great deal.

We just lost a game to the team at the top of the ladder, in circumstances where the opposition coach said that the result basically came down to the rub of the green. Talking about being '2nd last' is fine, but we are 2 points out of the 8. If we had a few things go our way last night, and won, would we really be 'going better'? Agree that Peats is down on form a little, but last year we were in shell shock at having a competent hooker.

We've got every chance of being 'in the mix' for Top 8, but the edge of the Top 8 may not be too far from the spoon.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We just lost a game to the team at the top of the ladder, in circumstances where the opposition coach said that the result basically came down to the rub of the green. Talking about being '2nd last' is fine, but we are 2 points out of the 8. If we had a few things go our way last night, and won, would we really be 'going better'? Agree that Peats is down on form a little, but last year we were in shell shock at having a competent hooker.

We've got every chance of being 'in the mix' for Top 8, but the edge of the Top 8 may not be too far from the spoon.
All that is true, but in was replying to the bloke who told us all all we needed to do was to get rid of Hayne for two good forwards and we would be a much better and balanced side. Well going on the first 8 rounds that theory is looking a little laughable.

All that is true, but in was replying to the bloke who told us all all we needed to do was to get rid of Hayne for two good forwards and we would be a much better and balanced side. Well going on the first 8 rounds that theory is looking a little laughable.

Don't worry about him :)

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I thought we did ok last night, we hung in there to pretty much the end.

We just need to be more patient, in attack and cut out some silly errors. We kicked the ball dead to often.

If we keeping on playing with effort from last night for the rest of the year I reckon we are building towards a massive 2016 season with Foran and Scott on board.

Gronk

Staff member
What does it say about a team who often get caught on the last unprepared to execute their game plan play. Then have to hustle just to get a kick out.

Sandow is the reason.

EelsFan05

Bench
What does it say about a team who often get caught on the last unprepared to execute their game plan play. Then have to hustle just to get a kick out.

Sandow is the reason.

Because we are the only team in the comp that is playing with only one half that's part of the 'game plan'. The other one isn't capable, so we let him 'play what he see's' to cover for his deficiencies. Problem is, no one else in the team seems to know what the f**k he's doing. I've counted three times in the last two weeks where Gower is running a decent line that appears part of a plan. Only for him and Sandow to run into each other because Sandow is 'playing what he see's'.

Last edited:

emjaycee

Coach
Because we are the only team in the comp that is playing with only one half that's part of the 'game plan'. The other one isn't capable, so we let him 'play what he see's' to cover for his deficiencies. Problem is, no one else in the team seems to know what the f**k he's doing. I've counted three times in the last two weeks where Gower is running a decent line that appears part of a plan. Only for him and Sandow to run into each other because Sandow is 'playing what he see's'.

And yet 2 of our 3 tries last night came from Sandow playing what he sees and providing an inside pass to firstly Peats who then reversed the play back to the right for Faraimo's first try and secondly a nice slide and inside pass for Fariamo to score hia 3rd try.

I would say in both cases Sandow either played to a set move or played what he saw and in both cases the inside player knew what was coming and we scored.

Maybe Gower was running a decent line but actually got in the way of Sandow in the examples you gave or maybe Sandow screwed it. I wasnt at training so i dont know what was supposed to happen. But BA does so I trust him to know who screwed the play up.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Looking at the stats for the game, we look pretty much the better side. Good competition rate, made lot more metres. Penalties is what killed us 8 to 2.

hindy111

Post Whore
Anyone notice how mannah is getting less and less game time.BA is not silly.He knows that Terepo-gower-wicks-fa'asso are all better.If Mannah was in wenty he would not stand out enough to move into first grade.With Jnr to come back id even put lussick above him who atleast hits hard it defense. The big pillow is only in team cause he is captain. Watch for him to be dropped in the next 6 weeks.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Couple of poor plays is what killed us. The dropped ball for Maguire's try, and the standing around waiting for something to happen for Milford's try.

The Milford try in particular, it appeared we were just waiting for the ref to blow a penalty. We just stopped and stood there.

We won the forward battle last night, despite the fact that the Donkey's discipline in the ruck was perfect....

emjaycee

Coach
Looking at the stats for the game, we look pretty much the better side. Good competition rate, made lot more metres. Penalties is what killed us 8 to 2.

Yep and 3 of those penalties resulted in 6 points, Falou drops the ball cold giving them 6 points and Milford scores a late a late try against the run of play for another 6 points.

That's 18 points they shouldn't have gotten.

hindy111

Post Whore
What lost us that game -

Sandow kicks out on full - TRY - 4points
Falou drops ball cold - TRY 6 points
Norman 7 mins to go doesn't put ball in air-Kicks to no mans land.Milford goes length of field - 6 points.
Falou and hoppa also missed an easy chance to pin broncos in goal at 14-10.Foring a line drop out.Instead they get a good kick.Is off that set falou drops ball and they pick up ad score.Possible 12 point turn around.

We literally handed them 16 points.They didn't have to work for them.Just like we handed the titans 12 points with 2 intercepts.

Our forwards stood up last night. I thought Robo looked smoothe at fullback.He needs to follow Manu and Pauli if fit.
Our problem last night was the halves. At times great but other times no idea what to do.

Noise

Coach
Anyone notice how mannah is getting less and less game time.BA is not silly.He knows that Terepo-gower-wicks-fa'asso are all better.If Mannah was in wenty he would not stand out enough to move into first grade.With Jnr to come back id even put lussick above him who atleast hits hard it defense. The big pillow is only in team cause he is captain. Watch for him to be dropped in the next 6 weeks.

7 runs for 64metres. Pathetic effort from our captain

Latest posts