What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Broncos

JJ

Immortal
Sad to think this but looks like the end of the road for Mannering

That said they've invested a lot in Numpty Adam so to TBH I'd sooner give that money to Simon

Blair isn't the solution to any problem , and I wonder if we should farewell Luke too, training and playing professionally in the last year of your contract is unprofessional

Need some middle forwards, but the brains have lost or let go Matulino, Sipley, Vete, Gubb, Lillyman and signed Blair, Paasi and Pulu, and kept Lisone and not developed or provided decent opportunities to other youngsters who will likely leave

Ah Mau isn't enough and has never led the Dragons pack, Paasi and Pulu aren't going to turn into world class middles, nor is Lisone. Afoa has surprised but a long way to go

Strong packs will continue to destroy us and as Rich says Johnson seems to lose interest when the pack is struggling

Leber

Bench
Id keep Luke, let mannering go and hopefully theres enough money left to buy an impact second rower.

JJ

Immortal
Love how the website says "three changes"

Got my hopes up, should have known better!!!

Blair

Coach
VODAFONE WARRIORS v BRISBANE BRONCOS
2.00pm, Sunday, July 15, 2018
Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane

VODAFONE WARRIORS

1 ROGER TUIVASA-SHECK (c)
2 DAVID FUSITU’A
3 PETA HIKU
4 SOLOMONE KATA
5 GERARD BEALE
6 BLAKE GREEN
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 JAMES GAVET
9 ISSAC LUKE
10 AGNATIUS PAASI
11 ISAIAH PAPALI’I
12 SIMON MANNERING
13 ADAM BLAIR
Interchange:
14 JAZZ TEVAGA
15 CHRIS SATAE
16 JOSEPH VUNA
17 ANTHONY GELLING
18 LIGI SAO
20 KARL LAWTON
21 BLAKE AYSHFORD
22 MASON LINO

HEAD COACH | STEPHEN KEARNEY

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
Sad to think this but looks like the end of the road for Mannering

That said they've invested a lot in Numpty Adam so to TBH I'd sooner give that money to Simon

Blair isn't the solution to any problem , and I wonder if we should farewell Luke too, training and playing professionally in the last year of your contract is unprofessional

Ah Mau isn't enough and has never led the Dragons pack, Paasi and Pulu aren't going to turn into world class middles, nor is Lisone. Afoa has surprised but a long way to go

Strong packs will continue to destroy us and as Rich says Johnson seems to lose interest when the pack is struggling

Bit harsh on Blair and Luke imo. I was one of the haters with the Blair signing but he's gone good for us this year, we look better with him on the field than when he's not on it. Same for Luke, he's been poo for two years but he's consistently been one of our bests this year.

We had a small pack of nobody's this year and while we've been beaten up front in a lot of games, we've done better than I had hoped against a lot of teams. Ah Mau isn't going to fix everything, but you need a few of these mid range players like Ah Mau, Pulu, Paasi and Bunty etc. Who will bust their ass for you. Add in another year experience for all of them, and i think we're one big forward away from a decent pack imo.

Meth

Staff member
Gelling in for Maumalo.

Vuna in for Sao.

That’ll fix it

Reactions: JJ

Cold Roses

Juniors
Gelling into the starting lineup on Game day and Sao onto the bench with Hiku missing out. If not, then I really just don't know.

Ayshford, Lino and Lawton are all named to start in the ISP game at the moment, so there's still a chance Hiku will miss out. Kearney maybe wants to save face by leaving it up until Game Day? Don't understand how he can acknowledge how bad he was by dragging the guy before full time but still let him play the following week.

One Warrior

Bench
Kearney has lost it completely, retains Hiku the turnstile and drops Sao, I mean Sao only played the last 15 minutes when he was finally put on with the game already lost and yet he gets dropped. Hiku whose defence all year has been questionable, only saved at times by Tohu being parked next to him, turns full genius on Friday and apparently with Kearney that's ok, I'm almost lost for words with the stupidity of it.

vvvrulz

Coach
Luke has been one our best players this year, and Blair to his credit showed up somewhat this week and defused a lot of attack. I don't like Blair at all, but he's been perfectly average at worst.

Mannering is a long way from himself and I hope he doesn't run his form to the dust before calling it a day, I suspect he might and that would be tragic.

Hiku, WTF, so we have another one of Kearney's immortals this year - exactly what's needed to flush this year down the toilet too. I just cannot fathom how supercoach fails to punish utter shite until is far too late, same thing happened with Tui, Kaka and Ken (sure the latter two have improved but they were a joke last year). And it's not as if it's 1) a one off bad performance or 2) we have no depth options; Hiku has been a consistently lazy defender all year and we have options warming benches and playing reggies.

Utter farce.

Meth

Staff member
the headline in the media is 'Kearney backs Warriors to bounce back' or something to that effect

I'd love to think that Hiku and co have a blinder this weekend and repay Kearney's faith. I can't see it happening.

Meth

Staff member
1 Darius Boyd (c), 2 Corey Oates, 3 James Roberts, 4 Jordan Kahu, 5 Jamayne Isaako, 6 Anthony Milford, 7 Kodi Nikorima, 8 Matthew Lodge, 9 Andrew McCullough, 10 Sam Thaiday, 11 Alex Glenn, 12 Jayden S’ua, 13 Josh McGuire

Interchange: 14 Kotoni Staggs, 15 Joe Ofahengaue, 16 Korbin Sims, 17 Tevita Pangai jnr

the headline in the media is 'Kearney backs Warriors to bounce back' or something to that effect

I'd love to think that Hiku and co have a blinder this weekend and repay Kearney's faith. I can't see it happening.
https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/league/...inger-ken-maumalo-to-injury-for-broncos-clash

We are f**ked.
Maumalo a huge loss.
Reading the article above Kearney makes excuses for Hiku being overworked by international game and it caught up with him.
Well give the bastard a rest.
I'll be recording and fast forwarding all Brisbane try replays and conversions to save some time.