What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Bulldogs

Blair

Coach
Guys, Bellamy really, really, really wanted to come here by then Matt Elliot dazzled us with a superb and superior vision for the club.

I see a 'stunning' PowerPoint presentation closing the deal.

In our defence, even Phil Gould fell for Elliott's wizardry.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
At the time I think we all did. In hindsight it probably made more sense in terms of Kearney working to a long term plan. I believe at one point he said it would take three years to properly achieve results, if the next few weeks go to plan and we put in a respectable finals performance, I’d say he’s on track.

I'd say he's on track now. The side is making marches forward, yes we're not a top 4 side yet but we're obviously in finals for the first time in seven years, beating top 4 sides, yes we're absolute dog shit some weeks but with our full strength side we are a force to be reckoned with. Add Leeson and develop some more big bodies youngsters and we are looking good for the future.

sup42

Juniors
I feel like that Bellamy thing is something that's slipped the attention of the public...which is crazy given the magnitude of it. That's 100% what happened? Because for someone like me, who used to work very closely with the side in the media, was a season ticket holder when I wasn't, posts on LU, follows the side through every avenue I can...I've never really come across that other than I think you've mentioned it before.

SK can expect to coach for a fair while here given what he's been able to achieve this year. Although the question is, how long can he be expected to live away from his family? Guess that's something that will become a consideration at some stage.
I can only base the Bellamy story on a series of Radio Sport interviews with Wayne Scurrah ( It was either two or three interviews during the negotiations with C.B.) and some corroborating articles in print media which were thin on detail but part of the buzz around a potential signing.

Scurrah agreed to do an interview early on to confirm they were chasing Bellamy and that he was interested.

In that Interview Wayne was supremely confident 'making an offer that is hard to turn down' that was revealed in print media to be Six Million dollars over three years making Bellamy the highest paid coach in history.

A time following that Interview, print media revealed that an initial sticking point was that Bellamy had insisted on bringing all of his key Staffers with him, people like Alex Corvo.

The next time Wayne spoke they had come to an understanding about that arrangement and the club backed by Owen and Eric wanted no barriers to having Craig the following season.

At this stage I was very excited. The bubble burst when rumors emerged of a six hour meeting between Owen, Wayne, Craig, and Eric, in which they could not come to an agreement over Craig starting the following season. Bellamy had maintained in the media word of mouth, that he would not break his contract with Melbourne.

The next time I heard from Scurrah he was saying although we parted ways with Craig Bellamy....we have an exciting Coaching appointment that people will be very pleased with to announce in the coming days.

The rest is history.

That six hour meeting...the very length of it, tells me that Bellamy was unquestionably serious.

Who argues for that long unless they want to come to a resolution ?

At the time I unfairly blamed our CEO for the stuff up. But having seen the fight between Owen and Eric I now realise that `Wayne was a mere puppet to the Shark and Whale.

It would have been our billion dollar backed empire that insisted take the massive offer or else.

sup42

Juniors
Matt Elliot would make an amazing salesman with all of his successful pitches.
Imagine the Bullshit factor between him and Wayne Scurrah when those two worked together.

I would back Wayne in that contest and it wouldn't surprise me to learn that Wayne sold a Warriors Jersey to Elliot during his tenure,

Meth

Staff member
Imagine the Bullshit factor between him and Wayne Scurrah when those two worked together.

I would back Wayne in that contest and it wouldn't surprise me to learn that Wayne sold a Warriors Jersey to Elliot during his tenure,

I remember the two of them fronting the media the day after Elliot's appointment. Both hungover. Scurrah was unbearable.

The Pa Kid

Juniors
Yandeah, he's vying for Tevaga's spot though.

If we're not going to have Hiku, but are going to have Tevaga, I'm not sure Lawton is the pick.

Also, he's gone ok at points (like when he filled in at centre), but has looked poor at point too.

Agree. Lawton IMO plays as an opportunist. Small things he does where he will run on his weak side under pressure instead of passing (though he has scored doing this), looks at who he is passing to before he passes instead of relying on communication or instruction from his half and doesn't look at who's in the ruck or the defense down field before he touches the ball at the ruck. Work in progress.

Big Marn

Juniors
I support St. Helens but my home town team is Whitehaven who play in league 1(3rd tier).

I see we have a connection with Aaron Lester having played for the Warriors in the mid 90s and who then went on to play for your Whitehaven for a number of years.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
I see we have a connection with Aaron Lester having played for the Warriors in the mid 90s and who then went on to play for your Whitehaven for a number of years.
Yep. Great player and still lives in the town I believe. We also had prop forward David fatialofa.

We’ve had a few great kiwis play for haven over the years including my all time favourite Clayton friend. Absolute genius and legend.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Can any of you guys send my a link of any local or national radio stations that might be covering the game. I’d love to hear the warriors live.

Blair

Coach
I can't be at the game, or follow it live, because of work. I didn't bother getting rostered off, which was a mistake.

Latest posts