What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Manly

mickeylane

Bench
1. Morris
2. Nightingale
3. Cooper
4. Stanley
5. Vidot

6. Soward
7. Hornby

8. Hunt
9. King (But will select Rein)
10. Weyman
11. Creagh
12. Scott
13. Prior

14. Merrin
15. Debellin
16. Young
17. Fein

possm

Coach
Lets see who is available however, if last week's team is available:
1. Morris
2. Nightingale
3. Cooper
4. Stanley
5. Vidot

6. Soward
7. Hornby

8. Hunt
9. Rein
10. Weyman
11. Creagh
12. Scott
13. Prior

14. Merrin
15. Debellin
16. Latimore
17. King, Young, Miller, Fien

King because he will add a lot to the variety in attack
Young because he lifts the team when he comes on
Miller because we need extra mongrel against Manly
Fien because he can fill in at 6, 7, 9.

dragondad

First Grade
Mickeylane, because you were obviously a Mitch Brennan fan, do you know why he used the alias Mickey Lane when he trialled with us?

Tim Smith

Juniors
1. Morris
2. Nightingale
3. Cooper
4. K. Stanley
5. Vidot
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Hunt
9. Rein
10 Weyman
11 Prior
12 Creagh
13 DeBelin

14 Merrin
15 Scott
16 Young
17 Latimore

18 Fein

Scott can cover utility
Young backrow and hooker
Prior can spend some time up front

Reyter

Juniors
1. Morris
2. Nightingale
3. Cooper
4. K. Stanley
5. Vidot
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Hunt
9. Rein
10 Weyman
11 Prior
12 Scott
13 DeBelin

14 Merrin
15 Creagh
16 Young
17 King

Creagh is just the player to bust a tiring defense. Prior or De Belin could fill in at prop when Weyman and Hunt are resting.

Reyter

Juniors
Why would you put King in front of Rein? The bloke has done nothing wrong and gets better every game.

It's tough. Rein has been good but of the little I have seen of King personally, I think he could be a star. Rein will rarely play a bad game because they way he goes about his job is simple. Effective but still simple. King strikes me as a bigger, faster Robbie Farah who can tackle. He has to be given a chance sometime. The fact is that neither Hornby or Soward are great playmakers. King could be just the player to take the Dragons to another level. Anyway, the Tigers forwards without Galloway and especially Ellis are barely up to NRL standard. Manly will offer a much sterner test for whoever is selected, Rein, Fein or King.

mickeylane

Bench
Mickeylane, because you were obviously a Mitch Brennan fan, do you know why he used the alias Mickey Lane when he trialled with us?

He was registered at the time to Souths Brisbane and came down on an alias to trial w the dragons "Mickey Lane" scored 2 tries by halftime and was signed on the spot..

Why the dumb question??

dragondad

First Grade
It wasn't actually a dumb question. I went to the lunch back in 2004 for the 1979 Premiers 25th anniversary. Mitch Brennan was there, looking extremely fit. I asked him where the name Mickey Lane came from. He told me that it was Harry Bath's address when he played in England so Harry told him to use it. I was curious if you knew this because I had no idea until that conversation in 2004.

DragonBuck

Juniors
Some pretty good line ups here guys but why is everyone changing Flo to the left wing??? Are we not happy with his right wing form?:roll:

Breathingfire

Juniors
Some pretty good line ups here guys but why is everyone changing Flo to the left wing??? Are we not happy with his right wing form?:roll:

It has been well documented that Vidot left Canberra because he was not happy playing on the left. Flo would probably get more ball if he played on the left considering a lot of our back line movements are right to left. It won't happen though because Flo's experience will help Style and Cooper can guide Vidot. It makes sense to spread the experience around.

Bring back choc

Juniors
1. Morris
2. Nightingale
3. Cooper
4. K. Stanley
5. Vidot
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Hunt
9. Rein
10 Weyman
11 Prior
12 Creagh
13 DeBelin

14 Merrin
15 Scott
16 Young
17 Latimore

18 Fein

Scott can cover utility
Young backrow and hooker
Prior can spend some time up front

Scott to start. Prior to bench.

Bench: young, prior, merrin rein. I think we are a prop short.

dragon05

Juniors
Well finally Cam King will get a go this Saturday.

From the dragons website this arvo:
Nathan Fien had MRI scans on Monday and was diagnosed with a high ankle sprain. Recovery time will be up to four weeks.

The Nick

Bench
Cam King isn't guaranteed a run. Dean Young may take over the interchange hooker role. Playing 2 rookie hookers is risky, especially against the reigning Premiers.