What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Manly

Elias1983

Coach
Scott in for De Belin, King in for Fien and Cooper in for Green. three straight swaps. Scott would push prior back to lock, Kyle stays at right centre.​

1. B-Moz
2. Vidot
3. Style
4. Cooper
5. Nighty
6. Soward
7. Hornbag
8. Hunt
9. Rein
10. Weyman
11. Scott
12. Creagh
13. Prior​

14. King
15. Merrin
16. Latimore
17. Young​

I think this is the lineup that will take the field on saturday night (barring freak injuries at training, etc) seems pretty strong to me.​

If this team runs out on Sat night, we will beat Manly and beat them well.

Louiethefly

Juniors
I think so too, we should have them covered pretty easily. Especially if we can keep Foran quiet, not so worried about DCE... Father in law is a mad Manly supporter (god help me) and I have to sit through pretty much every Manly game with him, DCE has been in the spotlight alot recently but from what i've seen Foran is the more gifted of the two, he is just so consistent.

Elias1983

Coach
I think so too, we should have them covered pretty easily. Especially if we can keep Foran quiet, not so worried about DCE... Father in law is a mad Manly supporter (god help me) and I have to sit through pretty much every Manly game with him, DCE has been in the spotlight alot recently but from what i've seen Foran is the more gifted of the two, he is just so consistent.

Yeh so is mine! my wife is a manly supporter as well and it was hell watching the grand final; last year.

It will be interesting to how we go after the win against the Tigers, hope they have learnt their lesson after round 1 and not implode like they did against the dogs.

Louiethefly

Juniors
Yeh so is mine! my wife is a manly supporter as well and it was hell watching the grand final; last year.

It will be interesting to how we go after the win against the Tigers, hope they have learnt their lesson after round 1 and not implode like they did against the dogs.

Haha, I was at a family reunion from her side for the grand final last year it was horrible :lol::lol: "watmough played the balls square, what are you talking about?"

I hope the Monday night curse is back!

Elias1983

Coach
Haha, I was at a family reunion from her side for the grand final last year it was horrible :lol::lol: "watmough played the balls square, what are you talking about?"

I hope the Monday night curse is back!

Put it this way, if our forwards dominate this week like they did against the Tigers the game is ours.

Soward, morris and nighty will have a field day.

Reyter

Juniors
Scott in for De Belin, King in for Fien and Cooper in for Green. three straight swaps. Scott would push prior back to lock, Kyle stays at right centre.

1. B-Moz
2. Vidot
3. Style
4. Cooper
5. Nighty
6. Soward
7. Hornbag
8. Hunt
9. Rein
10. Weyman
11. Scott
12. Creagh
13. Prior

14. King
15. Merrin
16. Latimore
17. Young

I think this is the lineup that will take the field on saturday night (barring freak injuries at training, etc) seems pretty strong to me.

There is no way De Belin will be or should be left out unless he is injured. he has been the Dragons best forward so far this year. I think either King won't be in the team or Dean Young will have a rest. Prior or De Belin can play prop but I think Young should rest for a week. Its a hard thing to say given how much he puts in for the Dragons but he has been a regular for 10 years now and sadly the younger guys like Prior and De Belin are bigger, stronger and faster. If Young is rested he will get many more chances during the season to show why he should still be in the 17 when the business end of the season rolls around and the Dragons are outright favorites to win the premiership.

Last edited:

Louiethefly

Juniors
There is no way De Belin will be or should be left out unless he is injured. he has been the Dragons best forward so far this year. I think either King won't be in the team or Dean Young will have a rest. Prior or De Belin can play prop but I think Young should rest for a week. Its a hard thing to say given how much he puts in for the Dragons but he has been a regular for 10 years now and sadly the younger guys like Prior and De Belin are bigger, stronger and faster. If Young is rested he will get many more chances during the season to show why he should still be in the 17 when the business end of the season rolls around and the Dragons are outright favorites to win the premiership.

Didn't you see De Belin hurt his shoulder in Friday nights game? He probably "could" play, but why risk him when we have the depth to cover him at the moment. Remember he is still only a pup, his body needs time to mature just like anyone's. I would rather JDB be 100% fit and ready before he lines up again, the last thing we need is our best young forward nursing niggling injuries from week 4 when we have the depth to cover him.

STG 002

First Grade
Manly's team

SEA EAGLES: Brett Stewart, Michael Oldfield, Jamie Lyon (c), Dean Whare, David Williams, Kieran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans, Jason King (c), Matt Ballin, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Jamie Buhrer, Daniel Harrison. Interchange (from): Vic Mauro, Darcy Lussick, Tim Robinson, Jason Annear, Nick Skinner, Jorge Taufua

hardbaby

Coach
If the medical staff prefer to give De Belin a week to get over his injury (and I think they might) it will save Price a number of difficult decisions.

Scott in for De Belin. King in for Fien. Coops in for Green.

If on the other hand, De Belin is fit, it's King or Young. I don't see any other likely consideration.

smacky

Juniors
1. Brett Morris 2. Daniel Vidot 3. Kyle Stanley 4. Matt Cooper 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby 8. Dan Hunt 9. Mitch Rein 10. Michael Weyman 11. Matt Prior 12. Ben Creagh 13. Dean Young
Interchange: 14. Cameron King 15. Jeremy Latimore 16. Trent Merrin 17. Jack De Belin 19. Josh Miller 20. Beau Scott 22. Leeson Ah Mau

http://www.dragons.com.au/Kumho-coachs-corner

Louiethefly

Juniors
If the medical staff prefer to give De Belin a week to get over his injury (and I think they might) it will save Price a number of difficult decisions.

Scott in for De Belin. King in for Fien. Coops in for Green.

If on the other hand, De Belin is fit, it's King or Young. I don't see any other likely consideration.

Do you think had Fien been fit this week it would have been Fien or Young? or do you think they are just not willing to drop any of our regular first grade team for King?

Reyter

Juniors
Didn't you see De Belin hurt his shoulder in Friday nights game? He probably "could" play, but why risk him when we have the depth to cover him at the moment. Remember he is still only a pup, his body needs time to mature just like anyone's. I would rather JDB be 100% fit and ready before he lines up again, the last thing we need is our best young forward nursing niggling injuries from week 4 when we have the depth to cover him.

Didn't you see my comment:
unless he is injured
?

hardbaby

Coach
Do you think had Fien been fit this week it would have been Fien or Young? or do you think they are just not willing to drop any of our regular first grade team for King?

Actually no. I think Fien was guaranteed after last week's peformance. Don't worry. King will get his chance. Fien is living on borrowed time. As for Young I think it comes down to team balance.

On form we have too many good players to fit into the 17. Luckily we have no major injuries.

I firmly believe we need 4 props (Weyman, Hunt, Merrin and one other) and Latimore is playing good, tough, tight footy. I have seen him live three times and he is super aggressive. Both Miller and Gower will be eying off this position but on current form, Latimore deserves it. Prior is not a prop.

I also think we need 2 hookers. Speed (legs, hands, brain) is everything in that position. Rein is the incumbent. Fien has the experience and utility value. King is the flyer. Two of these guys will be chosen. I also think Style could be used off the bench but that is a different story.

So that leaves room for four backrowers out of Creagh, Scott, Young, Prior and De Belin. Come finals (and assuming we stay injury free) one of these guys will miss out and I am guessing Young or Prior.

I think there are plenty of excellent players who could get a run. But I think this team (with a slight question mark over the fourth prop) is our best team now and will be our best team come the first week of October.

Latest posts