What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Roosters.

ozbash

Referee
So, how would you score that match if it counted, Hitman? Going off your points table from the other thread (there wasn't a stat for offloads) I have Henry winning the round @ 264, with JBro scoring 262. Is that what you get?

You have got to be joking . Benry was calling JRo ,Measles, said he was all over him.

Benry/Hurrell combined would have been half the workrate/points of the Ro bro.

Izz

Bench
Does JBro lose points for getting owned in every tackle? Pretty much every hit up he was getting driven back 3 or 4 metres.

hitman82

Bench
So, how would you score that match if it counted, Hitman? Going off your points table from the other thread (there wasn't a stat for offloads) I have Henry winning the round @ 264, with JBro scoring 262. Is that what you get?
:lol: I will check it out tonight and let you know!

...the points system may need some tweaking ;-)

hitman82

Bench
Does JBro lose points for getting owned in every tackle? Pretty much every hit up he was getting driven back 3 or 4 metres.

That's weird considering he made nearly 10m per run and had the second most metres in our team :lol:

After seeing Inu play for the Vulcans, I think he is where he belongs until we have a majorly out of form or injured centre / wing.

1- Locke
2- Tupou
3- Henry
4- Ropati (he was good)
5- Vatuvei
6- Maloney
7- Johnson
8- Lousi
9- Friend
10- Matulino
11- Brown
12- Mannering
13- Taylor

Rapira/Ta'ai (tough here as Ta'ai was much better on Saturday)
Package
Hurrell
Mateo

Agreed.

No major changes needed.

Inu can stay in the Vulcans until he proves he really wants to be in top grade.

Izz

Bench
That's weird considering he made nearly 10m per run and had the second most metres in our team :lol:
I've been watching the game again today (in between work) and there were maybe 3 hitups where he wasn't dominated, and those all came on the back of quick play-the-balls and retreating defense or offloads. The stat-counters must only count metres forward, and not subtract metres back.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
Ropati and Henry to a lesser degree are lucky it was wet.
Thats means they didnt get run around like previous rounds.

Ropati .. . had the whole internet world going against him (rightfully) he would of been pretty physced up to have a good game.

Lets see if he can keep it up .. im skeptical.

As for all those saying inu wasnt too flash in the vulcans game.
nobody was . .. . even when nrl players are dropped down they dont automatically look like superstars.
actually they look worse .. .less training/less combos and nobody in the crowd does change the dynamics.

hitman82

Bench
Manu Mau was one that caught my eye from the Vulcans game.

Hard!!!! This guy is a real talent and I rate him immensely. I loved his work in the Residents team last season too.

He's fast, aggressive, tough as nails, and has great vision.

I am unsure how old he is but I really hope he can make NRL somehow.

Also, he looks jailspec as.

NZ Warrior

First Grade
Haha, Jailspec, love it.

Yep, he looks like a hard muthafu*ka! Can you imagine him & Ta'ai in the 2nd row together?

Ta'ai & Mau ain't nuthin' to fu*k with, Ta'ai & Mau ain't nuthin' to fu*k with!!!

ozbash

Referee
Senior front rower Sam Rapira is set to make his first NRL appearance of the season after being named on the bench for the Vodafone Warriors’ fifth-round clash against the Sydney Roosters at Allianz Stadium (formerly the Sydney Football Stadium) on Saturday night.
He has been included on a six-man interchange bench after being sidelined with a shoulder injury since the club’s second preseason trial against South Sydney at Coffs Harbour on February 11.
The 24-year-old, 123-game veteran has been selected in jersey No 17 on a bench which also includes Kiwi prop Russell Packer and Ukuma Ta’ai.
Vodafone Warriors head coach Brian McClennan has named a starting line-up showing just one change from the run-on combination used against the Titans - second rower Feleti Mateo is listed to start with Lewis Brown moving to the bench.
“It’s great having Sam ready this week,” he said.
“He was close against Gold Coast but the decision was made to give him another week.”
Also named are fullback Kevin Locke and winger Manu Vatuvei, who both came out of the 26-6 win against the Titans requiring medical attention. Vatuvei sat out most of the second half with his left hamstring iced but he trained today and is on target for his 137th career match on Saturday night. Locke is recovering from a cork above his right knee.
“Kevin didn’t train today but we’re hopeful he’ll pull through. We’ll give him as much time as we can to recover,” said McClennan.
Glen Fisiiahi, who played four NRL matches last year, has been included on the bench. He has scored nine tries in his last two New South Wales Cup matches for the Auckland Vulcans, six against Western Suburbs on March 17 and three against Manly last Saturday; in all he has 10 in four matches so far this season.
Named in the centres again are Jerome Ropati and Ben Henry, who combined to make 40 tackles between them last Saturday with just one miss and no ineffective tackles. Ropati also gained 136 metres from 14 runs, earning him the players’ player of the day award from his team-mates as the Vodafone Warriors’ racked up their second win of the season, their first at home this year and the 200th in the club’s history.
The match performance and acknowledgement from his peers was a boost for Ropati as he came through just his second full 80-minute outing since his season-ending knee injury against St George Illawarra on March 27 last year.
In scoring five tries against Gold Coast, the Vodafone Warriors now have 18 tries in four games and a total of 100 points scored (only the Melbourne Storm have more). The defensive effort was easily their best of the season so far, holding the Titans scoreless until the 75th minute. Loose forward Elijah Taylor and hooker Nathan Friend shouldered the bulk of the workload with 89 tackles between them, Taylor with a game-high 47 and Friend with 42.
The Vodafone Warriors will encounter a Roosters side chastened by a humiliating 4-44 loss to the Storm last Sunday. In the clashes between the two sides last year, the Vodafone Warriors won 24-12 at Mount Smart Stadium while the Roosters prevailed 13-6 in Sydney on a night when Shaun Johnson made his NRL debut.
The Vodafone Warriors fly to Sydney on Friday and will go into camp in Australia after the match to prepare for another away game against Canberra on Easter Day (Sunday, April 8).
For much of next week the team will be based at Kiama on the southern New South Wales coast before heading to the Australian capital.

VODAFONE WARRIORS:
1 KEVIN LOCKE
2 BILL TUPOU
3 BEN HENRY
4 JEROME ROPATI
5 MANU VATUVEI
6 JAMES MALONEY
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 SIONE LOUSI
9 NATHAN FRIEND
10 BEN MATULINO
11 FELETI MATEO