What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team V Tigers 16/8/09

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
No complaints here, give kung fu a run.

Poor unders 20s lads, first grade keeps pinching all the good ones.

millersnose

Post Whore
Everyone seems to forget he is still only 18 when they critisise him.

no one forgets his inexperience or his youth

of the players available many would question if he is the best choice for 5/8

my criticism was and is levelled squarely at ricky for such an innapropriate selection

and to top it off publically bag him for not being first first grade standard

PHaTMaN

Juniors
I cant understand the selection, I know Blake Green isnt a superstar, but he is a better option at 5/8 than Wright, I think that was a horrible decision by Stuart.

I dont care if its to make him a better player in the future, if there was one game we could have won it was against the donkeys, but alas we had no 5/8 and no attack.

The Dodger

First Grade
explain reefy.

is he moulding him into a 5/8 or has he put him there to decrease the amount of work he does in defence?

thats all i can come up with.
im not bagging him at all, i actually like wright and believe with more matches and a good off season, he will come good.

Since 73

First Grade
Hey here's a good idea.

Let's play Blake Green.

We'll get beat and he's leaving at season's end - but it makes sense because i believe it.

Then, next year we can say, "f**k i wish matt Wright had more first grade expoerience."

Inferno

Coach
those bagging wright have an astonishing lack of insight into the reason why wright is playing 5/8

Please enlighten me Reefy?

If I had to guess it's to get him used to communicating and directing the team around a little more. From what I've heard he's not much of a talker on the field.

The new side
1. Stapler
2. Misi
3. The Pom
4. Brown
5. Capt Afterburners
6. Wright
7. Porter
8. Abominable
9. Hughes
10. Dougie
11. Afamasaga
12. Millington
13. Gallen

14. Donelly
15. Norrie
16. Kung Fu
17. TBA (most likely Toops)

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/lhq...-v-wests-tigers/2009/08/13/1249756393204.html

island pro

Juniors
We finally get to see Kung Fu in action!! Hopefully he goes as well as many have been predicting over the course of the year.

island pro

Juniors
He played 5/8 earlier this year in 20's.

Still doesn't mean he is an appropriate option, however, the season is farked, keep planning for next year I guess.

In that regard Wright's selection is no worse than any other.

The Dodger

First Grade
the only thing i can come up with is sticky has stuck him there to keep him in the team but not have to defend as much.

his attack is there, his defense needs work.
needs confidence and giving him game time will help that.

The Popper

Bench
Good blooding for Wright though...up against Lockyer and now Marshall. I reckon the kid's got talent and I reckon he'll learn a lot playing against the best like he is.
I like the look of our forward pack, so much so that I have three of them in my Fantasy League team. Our backs look very suspect to me and could leak a few points.
Should a great tussle between our backrowers and theirs. I reckon that could be worth the price of admission alone.

millersnose

Post Whore
reefy said:
those bagging wright have an astonishing lack of insight into the reason why wright is playing 5/8

ooh i have an insight

ricky can say afterwards 'they just arent good enough'

Drakken

Juniors
The seasons over for the sharks so I would personally go with the guys who are going to be there next year. Not sure if all of these have been re-signed but I would go with something like this-
1. Goodwin (Is he staying??? If not then put Wright here and Covell back to the wing)
2. Ferguson
3. Pomeroy
4. Brown (Staying???)
5. Wright
6. Stapleton
7. Porter
8. Douglas
9. I would've said Green but now that he's going I guess Hughes will have to go here even though he's retiring.
10. Snowden
11. Afamasaga (Think he's re-signed hasn't he?)
12. Millington
13. Gallen
14. Unfortunately Seu Seu as I dont think there's another hooker.
15. Norrie (What's the story with this guy?)
16. Donnelly (And this one?)
17. Tupou (If fully fit only, don't risk him otherwise)

Last edited:

Latest posts