What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Tigers

Pazza

First Grade
Timmy has been good in patches. But how is he surpose to perform behind this pack.

parra pete

Referee
He should lead them. He doesn't want to roll his sleeves up...apart from a few kicks in five games Tim has been VERY ordinary. Face it. You can't turn a blind eye to it. He is the cause of the problem...not the solution...

parra pete

Referee
Top of what? He needs to forget that he has been called the next Sterlo or the next Joey. In the pecking order of things he in the very bottom rung of half backs in the NRL at present. Not the worst, but closer to the bottom than the top....I have a grave fear that he believes his own Press..You earn respect on the field it is not automatic because of something you achieved a season before. Tim has to adapt to the 2006 season. He is yards slower than most half backs, and is predictable in what he is going to do. Where has his kicking game gone????

Pazza

First Grade
Your such an idiot Pete, how do you think smith would be going if he was the 7 for the cowboys or the Panthers? He would be on fire. This is a team game. Our issues arn't lack of direction its poor defence (which i admit smith is part of) and Simple stupid errors (which most smith have nothing to do with).

Ones we get our house in order Smith will put point on the board.

parra pete

Referee
Stick your head in the sand, old mate....it's easier than facing up to reality....
Your bottom sentence answers the query. Once he get HIS game in order the form of the team will turn around.
What comes first. The chicken or the egg?
If he was the 7 at the Cowboys or the Panthers they would be struggling. (BTW Cowboys dropped their 7.)
Same as Newcastle (minus Johns), Saints, Easts, Souths..the half back is the driver of the bus. If he is playing below par, the team will struggle.... That's the truth matie, face up to it.

Utey

Coach
Honestly Pete, you cannot play footy without a descent set of forwards. Ours are lacking heart and balls and Timmy is doing his best. Remember his only 21 and leading around a set of forwards which should know better. Lighten up.

parra pete

Referee
<UPtheEELS> said:
Honestly Pete, you cannot play footy without a descent set of forwards. Ours are lacking heart and balls and Timmy is doing his best. Remember his only 21 and leading around a set of forwards which should know better. Lighten up.

Mate, in my opinion, he is not up to it this year. I was very disappointed in him in the loss to the Cowboys in the final last year and I don't think he has recovered from that performance. His profile has the coaches targetting himwhich is what I would do if I was an opposition coach.
His off season drama would not have helped him either, although it probably was a 'beat up' by the alleged victim.
I don't like putting sh*t on him, but attack wins games and he hasn't been providing a platform. That is a fact. See his stats v Penrith - 3 hitups for 4 metres. Not good enough.
I WANT HIM to be the star, I WANT HIM to be great, but it is no good saying one thing and meaning another.
If he is not performing he doesn't deserve to be there, irrespective of how much a darling he is to the fans.
He got the sh*ts with EG jnr last game, and his frustration came through. I know he is probably worried about his form. Let him worry about it in Premier League. If he is as good as the wraps suggest he is, he'll bounce back..with plenty of confidence which he seems to be lacking now.
Mate I've seen them come and go..At the moment he is not the answer. Sorry to take a different tack to what the main seems to be in here, but that's how I see it. And my opinion is not always right. Matter of fact it is probably 30-70 the other way. For your sake, and for the sake of the team, I hope I'm wrong again - if he stays in first grade.

BG

Juniors
parra pete said:
<UPtheEELS> said:
:lol: Pull the other one. Been far from our worst.[/quote]

Ah well...been close though to it though...very very ordinary so far in 2006...

I thought Tim Smith's game against the Cowboys was as good if not better than anything he showed last year. Really took control to set up tries in their danger zone -- which is his forte -- and it was great to see success coming with a reverse of play and a couple of different aspects of his passing game and not just kicks.

parra pete

Referee
Jeremy Smith, John Morris, Blake Green, PJ Marsh...anyone who is IN form.
There is no indespensable man. Try this little experiment :)
"Take a bucket and fill it with water,
Put your arm in it up to the wrist,
When you pull it out the hole that's remaining
Is the measure of how much he'll be missed"

Better to be beaten with someone having a go than someone who, IMO, is sadly out of form and playing embarrasing football and the harder he tries, the worse he goes.
I HOPE HE CAN GET IT TOGETHER, don't get me wrong. I think, the way he is playing, he is the problem. SORRY if that offends but, it is my opinion.

lucablight

First Grade
Pete barring the game against the Panthers he has been no where near as bad as you have been suggesting.

Eelementary

Post Whore
We have bigger issues than Tim.

In the second half against the Panthers, Tim found himself screaming for the ball in good position for a good kick on the last tackle, but Perenara or Riddell either kicked themselves, passed it to Morris or ran.

If your halfback is screaming for the ball...Give it to him, ffs. lol

ParraAds

Juniors
Tim Smith is playing crap...a lot of forwards in the side arent helping his cause, but im sick of every time a halfback plays crap people just bag out the forwards. Tim is just playing badly, simple as that.

The Eel

Juniors
Morning all and happy Easter tou you all.

Just a quick one. I have been reading your teams and you all have Riddell in, but unfortunately he has taken an early guilty plea and a one match suspension, so you will need to find yourselves another hooker.

Have a good weekend.

varion

Juniors
Tim Smith is not the sort of player that can play well in a badly beaten forward pack. Players who tend to be able to do that have a good running game where they create their own chances.

Granted, Tim is been playing crap, the real problem is triple factor

a) He is offered no protection. Seriously his defence is ordinary and needs a bodyguard fulltime.

b) Our forwards are softc**ks not laying the platform for him to begin regaining confidence.

c) No 5/8 or 2nd options. Morris lovers are even having doubts about it, time to bring in Jeremy Smith.

Latest posts