What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Tigers

vvvrulz

Coach
Townsend went pretty good v Cowboys. My fear is that he will have a pattern. Great/good for 1 game. Crap/bad/average for 2-3

I'm hoping its just a general upward trend where everyone is taking a bit of time to click into gear.

I fully expect that we'll string together a few good performance rather than just one-offs. No matter how good or bad we are its usually a streak of games.

vvvrulz

Coach
Gee there is a lot of Nielsen hate going on. How has Ropati been any different? yet he didn't do much wrong? Nielsen 8 runs for 60 m, Ropati 7 runs for 39m, both received 11 times. :crazy:

Don't really get the Neilson hate either, he's not a game breaker or much of a playmaker but he puts in the work required and is generally mistake free.

There are always bigger problems than him.

Drzoidberg

Juniors
Don't really get the Neilson hate either, he's not a game breaker or much of a playmaker but he puts in the work required and is generally mistake free.

There are always bigger problems than him.

People have short memories........09,10 and 11 we leaked a shit load of points down both sides. We needed a defensive centre and that's exactly what we have got. I think he shores up one side better than any other centre we have.

WellsNZ

Juniors
It always puzzles me why people want to point fingers at Nielsen when he's been the one back that can be regularly relied on defensively in recent times.

No he isn't going to tear a game open on attack, but why is he expected to? with guys like SJ, Tomkins, Mateo they should be making that spark, it's important to have a balance.

Of course everyone would prefer some all around fantastic centre but another Tate isn't lining up to come to the Warriors any time soon. If a centre better than Nielsen wants to come along or somebody comes through Under 20s for that spot then by all means show him the door, but it isn't happening at the moment so until then why not accept Nielsen for what he is? I can't remember the last time I was thinking about how Nielsen cost them a game.

They should just make Nielsen and Hurrell continually run into each other and hope they merge in to one person.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
When we signed Nielsen I was pretty meh on it, specially since I know we forrked out a but of cash for it but if you go back to the signing thread on here everyone was stoked to get a defensive centre.

Now he is here, he is without a doubt a solid defensive centre. When he was at the Storm he had Cronk and Slater setting up the outside backs. It's not like we got someone who has performed poorly or below expectations, he is exactly what everyone wanted and was happy with when we signed him so I don't know why people are against him now.

JJ

Immortal
When we signed Nielsen I was pretty meh on it, specially since I know we forrked out a but of cash for it but if you go back to the signing thread on here everyone was stoked to get a defensive centre.

Now he is here, he is without a doubt a solid defensive centre. When he was at the Storm he had Cronk and Slater setting up the outside backs. It's not like we got someone who has performed poorly or below expectations, he is exactly what everyone wanted and was happy with when we signed him so I don't know why people are against him now.

It is weird eh... he's a solid player - the NRL is full of good solid ex-Melbourne tradesmen-like players who are now probably overpaid that Smith, Cronk, Slater and Bellamy had wringed every bit of talent out of... plenty of forwards as well.

Nielsen is fine, imo, if anyone thought we were getting Jamie Lyon they're delusional...

I also think the props generally do their job every week... they're seldom outplayed... problems are elsewhere, and relatively obvious I'd have though (and more about lack of consistency and intensity)

Evil_Mush

Juniors
<3 Bill & Ted.

Team now named, only change appears to be Feleti out (knee complaint), TL in (bench).

Didn't realise Mateo hadn't missed a game since joining Warriors (79 consecutive appearances before this weekend). Also no mention of Matulino so presumably no ill effects from the knock to the head I suppose?

http://www.warriors.co.nz/news/2014/03/25/nrl_round_3_leuluai_makes_return.html

1 SAM TOMKINS
2 GLEN FISIIAHI
3 DANE NIELSEN
4 JEROME ROPATI
5 MANU VATUVEI
6 CHAD TOWNSEND
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 SAM RAPIRA
9 NATHAN FRIEND
10 BEN MATULINO
11 JAYSON BUKUYA
12 SIMON MANNERING (c)
13 SIONE LOUSI

Interchange:
14 JACOB LILLYMAN
15 SUAIA MATAGI
16 KONRAD HURRELL
17 THOMAS LEULUAI

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
As expected......like most coaches, change from what they see as thier best team, is usually forced by injury.

MKEB...

Staff member
Not for me, I got day two a two-dayer at cricket...crucial for us to win the grade. Followed by club prizegiving and our grade oneday final on Sunday. Had it been a 7.30 kickoff I could of quite happily foregone the prizegiving.

1 SAM TOMKINS
2 GLEN FISIIAHI
3 DANE NIELSEN
4 JEROME ROPATI
5 MANU VATUVEI
6 CHAD TOWNSEND
7 SHAUN JOHNSON
8 SAM RAPIRA
9 NATHAN FRIEND
10 BEN MATULINO
11 JAYSON BUKUYA
12 SIMON MANNERING (c)
13 SIONE LOUSI

Interchange:
14 JACOB LILLYMAN
15 SUAIA MATAGI
16 KONRAD HURRELL
17 THOMAS LEULUAI
progress.gif

interesting to note; a centre and a half on the bench. Although Hurrell is the extra forward

WellsNZ

Juniors
Bench doesn't go very far with both Hurrell and TL on it, along with Lousi in the starting side. Hopefully Mannering and Bukuya don't run into any troubles.

Maybe we'll see a bit of Ben in the second row.

Blair

Coach
Not for me, I got day two a two-dayer at cricket...crucial for us to win the grade. Followed by club prizegiving and our grade oneday final on Sunday. Had it been a 7.30 kickoff I could of quite happily foregone the prizegiving...

We got all that madness out of the way a couple of weekends ago, we won the premiership (Katoomba CC).

It's all footy from here on in!

Best of luck for the big cricket weekend...I know what it's like.

JJ

Immortal
Interesting a destructive 10 min chubby and someone returning from injury on the bench... shame Mateo is hurt, I think...