What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Tigers

Meth

Staff member
Hurrell on the bench just means blokes who can play big minutes (Matulino) need to.

Rich102

Staff member
Are the NSWarriors on TV this weekend?
I can't believe JRo is the second best center we have.
Honestly, we have the worst center pairing in the NRL. No threat at all.

Rich102

Staff member
You tell me one thing; my eyes tell me another.
Which to believe?

Is this club going forwards or backwards?
Put JRo, Hurrell, Laumape and Fusitua alongside each other for a length of the field sprint.
Question answered.
And don't tell me JRo is there for his defence. The corner post has a better chance of stopping his opposite number.

vvvrulz

Coach
And don't tell me JRo is there for his defence. The corner post has a better chance of stopping his opposite number.

He made a complete meal of what should have been a try stopping tackle against the Cows, can't remember who it was though. He jumped all over him and fell off, it was pretty embarrassing.

But at the same time The Ro has not been as bad as I expected.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
Ropati is good with ball in hand, not sure what career you've watched. He had pretty much zero opportunities against the Cowboys, we pretty much play 1 and 2 out.

vvvrulz

Coach
Ropati is good with ball in hand, not sure what career you've watched. He had pretty much zero opportunities against the Cowboys, we pretty much play 1 and 2 out.

I wasn't talking about his career, he was a very solid all-around centre during his peak years (06-09 roughly) and could fill in reasonably well at #6 and fullback.

He's a bit slow now and doesn't offer as much, but like I said he's been better than expected so far this year. Wouldn't be my ideal first choice centre but that's all we have.

Fast Eddie

First Grade
I wasn't talking about his career, he was a very solid all-around centre during his peak years (06-09 roughly) and could fill in reasonably well at #6 and fullback.

He's a bit slow now and doesn't offer as much, but like I said he's been better than expected so far this year. Wouldn't be my ideal first choice centre but that's all we have.

That was response to Rich who said he is not a threat with ball in hand, forgot to quote the post.

I used to hate on the guy 2010-2012 but he is no where as bad as people make out.

And I'd also argue during his peak years he was a top flight centre sometimes.

hitman82

Bench
That was response to Rich who said he is not a threat with ball in hand, forgot to quote the post.

I used to hate on the guy 2010-2012 but he is no where as bad as people make out.

And I'd also argue during his peak years he was a top flight centre sometimes.

The good thing is, Ropati actually seems free of injury and slowly improving. He will never get back to his peak, but he's certainly a better option than an overweight Hurrell or Laumape, or one of our second rowers.
People were losing their shit last season when we re-signed the guy, saying he's stifling careers for the young dudes. Well, I argue the young dudes are stifling their own careers by not staying in shape or learning how to defend!

As a long-suffering Ropo fan, it's great to see him putting in decent performances. He must feel happy inside

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I'll always remember the 8th vs 1st win over Melbourne. Must be close to Ropati's finest day. Without him we lose, completely owned Folau.

Having said that, it's now 2014. He's doing a solid job filling in, but it highlights how poor our centre stocks are at the moment. Damn Hurrell/Laumape and their pies.

jaseg

Juniors
Having said that, it's now 2014. He's doing a solid job filling in, but it highlights how poor our centre stocks are at the moment. Damn Hurrell/Laumape and their pies.

It's particularly frustrating because I look at Hurrell and Laumape and think that could be a long term centre pairing that would be extremely dangerous for opposition teams... but the two of them need to get their crap together.

Meth

Staff member
It's particularly frustrating because I look at Hurrell and Laumape and think that could be a long term centre pairing that would be extremely dangerous for opposition teams... but the two of them need to get their crap together.

yep

Latest posts