What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Titans

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
We need two hookers in the team. I'm a fan of what Tevaga brings to the Warriors, but he can't be relied on to fill this role. And with Burr coming in and playing well, I feel he is able to do what Tevaga does, but is bigger and better at it.

Simply put, we can't have Roache, Tevaga, and Burr on the bench together, running with those three means we only have one prop, not enough imo.

If Luke is fit,

Roache
Ah Mau
Burr
Satae/Sao/Lisone (ugh)

Stop the offloads/Slow the play the ball down, and it's a completely different game last week.
Good service from dummy half, more forwards going forward making meters/tiring out the defence.
No errors/penalties and complete our sets.
Well win the next game

Big Marn

Juniors
I was looking at last years results. We had 30 or more put on us 5 times last year (Storm, Roosters, Souths, Titans, Panthers) but each time, the following week we came out and beat our opponents, which is what you would hope for.

This weekend is incredibly important for "the process", short turnaround and all.
If SK makes more than one change to the team(that is not injury related), i will be amazed. His loyalty to players may define his coaching career at the Warriors. I think he is going to back himself to turn the team around.

Myself, i think he has tunnel vision and its eventually going to blow up in his face. But i guess we will see.

Rich102

Staff member
Two things:
1. The Titans have a shorter turnaround plus they have to travel.

2. I don't think Cameron George can afford to give SK the slack he may ask for. This team has to start performing. With, or without, SK.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Re the SK contract extension, we all know coaches contracts aren’t worth th paper they’re written on. If these results continue, he’ll get the arse.

Scott

Bench
Looks like it will be -

6. CHT
9. Lawton.

AK dropped
Luke injured
Roache still not fit

Scott

Bench
Two things:
1. The Titans have a shorter turnaround plus they have to travel.

2. I don't think Cameron George can afford to give SK the slack he may ask for. This team has to start performing. With, or without, SK.

The Titans flew from Sydney to Akld today. Short turnaround, yes, plenty of time together to bond etc.
I have a very uneasy feeling about how this may go.

JJ

Immortal
Titans played well against Bunnies - and have a very good pack - much better than ours... and there's no Johnson to terrorise them any more

Hov

Juniors
Balance of our forwards is the problem. If AK is the only casualty then I dont have faith that Kearney knows what the problem is. Scoring points isnt our problem. Having some middles who can not control our opposition is. 80ish points conceded in 2 games is diabolical and we know that starts with blokes numbered 8-13.

jaseg

Juniors
Cool, so after just 3 games (one of which was a good game for him) we're dropping Keighran for a 19yo who didn't look as good in preseason, and in 3 games in reserve grade has managed (total):

0 tries
0 try assists
0 linebreak assists
1 linebreak
2 tackle breaks
2 offloads
1 forced drop out

And is a significantly worse goal kicker.

Seems like a good move... right? Right?!

SK won't pick guys who have earned the opportunity, but apparently will parachute guys who have done f*** all to earn it in a panic move. Brilliant.

I'm getting real close to needing a break from the Warriors - and it's not a month into the season yet.

JJ

Immortal
Cool, so after just 3 games (one of which was a good game for him) we're dropping Keighran for a 19yo who didn't look as good in preseason, and in 3 games in reserve grade has managed (total):

0 tries
0 try assists
0 linebreak assists
1 linebreak
2 tackle breaks
2 offloads
1 forced drop out

And is a significantly worse goal kicker.

Seems like a good move... right? Right?!

SK won't pick guys who have earned the opportunity, but apparently will parachute guys who have done f*** all to earn it in a panic move. Brilliant.

I'm getting real close to needing a break from the Warriors - and it's not a month into the season yet.
Agree 100% - those stats are not going to translate well to the NRL in any meanginful way... meanwhile we have minimal go forward, an anaemic middle, and pathetic edge defence - but that's all ok...

People don't rate the Titans, but that pack can be brutal - like us they're stuggling for points, but if the lads think this is the equivalent of a training run as it used to be against the Titans, they might have second thoughts on the weekend...

JJ

Immortal
VODAFONE WARRIORS v GOLD COAST TITANS

8pm, Friday, April 5, 2019

Mt Smart Stadium, Auckland

VODAFONE WARRIORS
1 Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (c)

2 David Fusitu’a

3 Peta Hiku

4 Solomone Kata

5 Ken Maumalo

6 Chanel Harris-Tavita

7 Blake Green

8 Agnatius Paasi

9 Karl Lawton

10 Leeson Ah Mau

11 Isaiah Papali’i

12 Tohu Harris

13 Adam Blair

Interchange:

14 Jazz Tevaga

15 Bunty Afoa

16 Lachlan Burr

17 Ligi Sao

18 Gerard Beale

20 Leivaha Pulu

21 Adam Keighran

22 Blake Ayshford

JJ

Immortal
Yep, after a performance like that, clearly the 3 game rookie is the one that needed to go

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
If Harris-Tavita is finding reserve grade tough, he's got another thing coming in playing top grade. I just hope he tackles well.

All this talk about Shaun - let it go man. Shaun's gone now. Take it from someone who warned about how hard it'll be without him.

I can't believe Keighran has been dropped so suddenly.

Latest posts