What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v Titans

nswarrior

Juniors
I hope all these suggestion are pisstakes.
Metcalf is going great at 6, TMM is due back, and the last thing I want to see is us shoehorning an out of position forward into the spot. Tohu stays where he is, Jazz takes a bench spot and gives us the one-two punch with Walker. Two big guys for the other two bench spots as Walker can shift to the backline if necessary for injury cover.
Have faith mate, Webster isn’t going to ruin a great season by playing people out of position

The big news is given TMM needs atleast another 4 weeks, Metcalf maybe the number 6 for the rest of the season

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Have faith mate, Webster isn’t going to ruin a great season by playing people out of position

The big news is given TMM needs atleast another 4 weeks, Metcalf maybe the number 6 for the rest of the season
I’m a Warriors fan, I have roster management PTSD. Don’t trigger me.

that’s a bummer for TMM, but a great opportunity for Metcalf, and looks like Volkman is an able and ready backup.
I’m still dirty about TMMs injury tbh. We had guys binned and suspended for similar tackles that didn’t cause any injuries while that one went unpunished and ended a playmakers season.

GoSouths

Juniors
one of the best things about this round is that it is 1 v 4, 2 v 8 and 6 v 7 so 3 teams are going to have their progressed halted that are in the 8.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Our right side is going the have to be switched on, Khan-Pereira and Kelly are causing plenty of problems for the Cowboys.

I’m a Warriors fan, I have roster management PTSD. Don’t trigger me.

that’s a bummer for TMM, but a great opportunity for Metcalf, and looks like Volkman is an able and ready backup.
I’m still dirty about TMMs injury tbh. We had guys binned and suspended for similar tackles that didn’t cause any injuries while that one went unpunished and ended a playmakers season.
The inconsistency with the judiciary is unbelievable. The sooner some form of AI/algorithm takes over the better with some/limited human input to get some consistency the better.
The HIA stuff as well Holmes up for 3 weeks with forceful contact to the head and Campbell plays on.
de Balin done for a hip drop but have seen worse unpunished (Aitken on DWZ).
They flip flop around what is acceptable one week is not the next. I get refs make mistakes in the moment, but judiciary has a lot less time pressure to get it right.
Sack Badger from bunker as well, she just confirms refs call, Staggs was onside in Broncoa game, bad as World Cup call on Hiku!
*rant over for now*

sup42

Juniors
Gee the Titans blitzed a good top four contender in the Cows.
Can they back up 2 weeks in a row? Nobody knows. Even with the 5 day turn around, I didn't think the Cows ground them down enough for my liking, it wasn't the exhausting epic I was hoping would help our cause.

The Titans caught them off guard by musceling up in the middle and going wide to their speed men to burn the less mobile Cows.

Big game for Rocco, he has been the lead kick chase player.

The good news is that so long as we keep it tight during Bunty's opening grind spell, when Walker comes on, we can throw a lot more at the Titans than the Cows did.

A few days ago this was looking like an easy game, now it could be a really tough test.

There is the school of thought that we need hard finals prep, I figure the Titans, Manly, and a end of year Claytons GF last game of the season for the Dolphins could certainly push it.

Only 5 to go. Win this one and two wins from four remaining games with big wins over the Tigers and Dragons could still see us make the four.

This games massive in the context of our season.

Izz

Bench
I'm kinda hoping they don't rush Jazz back in, tbh. Give him at least a week in NSW Cup to prove his fitness. Too, while you have to love his energy, the team's been going pretty well without him, and I still have very strong memories of him either being a handbrake on attack or going for miracle plays that released all the pressure that had been building. As long as he stays within his role, all good, but with the extra latitude Webby's now given the team to attack, I can just see Jazz falling back into bad habits...

sup42

Juniors
They all seem to be

We are playing the odds now hey, at the moment the revolver has five bullets in the chamber.

Two of those bullets are duds (Tigers, Dragons).

That leaves three potentially hard games, to make the top four, we need to win at least one of the three -Titans/Manly//Dolphins to come into mathematical calculation for the top four.

With two Warrior losses, provided they are not blow outs, we are then relying on other results for Canberra, Rabbitohs, Cowboys.

Canberra are facing the Panthers, Storm, and Sharks. Hard to see them win all three to take the Warriors mathematical top four spot.

Cowboys need to win everything to take fourth off us, they have to beat the Sharks and Broncos
and they will need to outscore the Warriors in the points differential which is close.

Rabbitohs are the biggest threat to knocking us out of the top four after the Warriors lose two from here. The only serious threat they face are the Knights. And they play the hapless Sharks who we pray have one last decent game left in them.

Saturday 5th of August:

5pm

We are cheering on the Broncos, if they beat the Cowboys our two losses to make the top four has just got rid of one of our chasers NTH QLD.

9:35 PM
Our team is the Sharks in Perth vs the Rabbitohs. Sharks win means Warriors two lives scenario has one less chaser. If not we wait a week to see if the last chance Knights give us two spare lives in a two loss Warriors scenario.

The last threat is Canberra and as I say they have to pull off a miracle and beat the Storm and the Panthers....with the Sharks being their other biggest threat.

Getting back to the original point about every game being massive in the context of our season, I see this game as the one that sets us up in the drivers seat, a win means form continues, and form is all important, and a win means the realistic possibility of a two spare lives vs Tigers, Dragons, Manly, Dolphins.

I just want us to nail down our red hot top four spot on Friday night and for the boys to smell blood in the water and gun it.

Last edited:

sup42

Juniors
I'm kinda hoping they don't rush Jazz back in, tbh. Give him at least a week in NSW Cup to prove his fitness. Too, while you have to love his energy, the team's been going pretty well without him, and I still have very strong memories of him either being a handbrake on attack or going for miracle plays that released all the pressure that had been building. As long as he stays within his role, all good, but with the extra latitude Webby's now given the team to attack, I can just see Jazz falling back into bad habits...
The last time they used NSW cup for Jazz in round 2 this year he was good for 80 minutes of high intensity and outshone everyone on the field.

So it will be interesting to see how they do it this time since he does not need the fitness when he is ready to play, they could still use cup for his welfare though to warm him up.

I am not worried about Jazz, he was in the form of his life thanks to his new role as Dylan Walkers side kick.

Jazz was in the form of his career this season, playing even better than when he won the Dally M.

Walker talks about his role with Jazz and how he cannot wait till Jazz comes back. During that now mythical half time talk vs the Sharks when we were getting a hiding, Walker said that he spoke with Jazz about their pack and said 'You and me can swear word....go after these buggers...you can me can hunt them" and that is pretty much what they did.

Jazz and Walker a re a thing, a genuine NRL phenomena, the two small, low center of gravity, hard to tackle, fast, powerful middle forwards with high intensity output.

Walker said we beat the Storm with just one of Jazz or Tohu....unfortunately we lost both plus two more players.

With Walker being the ball player Jazz no longer throws silly balls, these guys have very bespoke roles now that suit them individually.

Izz

Bench
So it will be interesting to see how they do it this time since he does not need the fitness when he is ready to play, they could still use cup for his welfare though to warm him up.
I hope the club goes this route, though from the comments I've heard from Webby during the week it seems like he wants to bring Jazz straight back into the 17