What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Eels Trial Game 1

getsmarty

Immortal
Some wraps on Tyran Wishart performance for the Storm. Big mistake letting him go imo. Storm recruiters know a good footballer when they see one. Pity Griffin and his crew did not.
O.K...so the club decides to keep Armone and Sullivan & Mulheisen instead....you can't keep them all...@George Dragon already addressed this...Good luck to Tyran @ the Storm...unlike previous years, we kept the better options.

Last edited:

Dragsters

First Grade
Some wraps on Tyran Wishart performance for the Storm. Big mistake letting him go imo. Storm recruiters know a good footballer when they see one. Pity Griffin and his crew did not.

I watched both games in full.

Wishart was good but Mully was better.

The club chose Mully and Wishart gets a run at the Storm.

Good luck to both of them...

Dragsters

First Grade
Forgot to mention that it was very encouraging to see both Ramsay & Sloan execute effective front on one on one tackles to slow down / negate attacking raids.

The fact that they can do that will give further encouragement to our forward pack and be a real incentive for them to keep coming back on side after the initial defencive line is broken.

That was never the case with Dufty at the back.

Agreed.

Both Sloan and Ramsey should see plenty of time at the back this year and on yesterday's showing, the signs look promising for both of them.

It's a long season.

Clearly they have both worked very hard over the off season on building their physiques and that hard work looks to be paying off...

mickeylane

Bench
I hope we re-sign Bird, one of our best footballers, crazy to let him go.

Agree...just his manager looking after their client....If our offer is close, I reckon he will stay.
We don't pay overs anymore....Club has allegedly made a Fair offer... As Griffin stated, he has been fielding offers since late last year...Weidler article just the usual click bait...
I reckon $650K will get the deal done or say $2M over 3 years...if we offload Mcguire, Lawrie and sign one of the surprise packages from yesterday ie: Hunt at a lower contract value we could squeeze Birds dollars in...

Gareth67

First Grade
Just on Ramsey , he has certainly beefed-up somewhat , so much so that I didn’t recognize him for the moment .

I believe that he said that he was sick of being tossed around like a rag doll , so it’s good to see that he has made the effort to make the opposition’s task just that bit harder .

Old Timer

Coach
I reckon $650K will get the deal done or say $2M over 3 years...if we offload Mcguire, Lawrie and sign one of the surprise packages from yesterday ie: Hunt at a lower contract value we could squeeze Birds dollars in...
Bird appears to be one of those players with an inflated ego as to their actual worth.

It is more than likely that if he plays for your club and he isn’t getting the number of $$$ he wants then his head will never be in the right place.

So if we can’t agree to his number then best we let him go and he can be someone else’s headache.

ALSGI

Bench
Bird is still ours for ‘22.

HE needs to put on some performances before anyone signs him despite his Manager talking about plenty of interest from others.
If he plays like last year (which was okay) he probably wont get another club chasing him anywhere near the $$ he is on.
We’re offering a contract with a pay cut.
Too risky imo after what he offered last year.

slippery5

Juniors
They offered him a top 30 spot, we did not have the space for him in our top 30

kit66

Bench
Yeah, J.Hunt needs a bit of tackle training too if he makes 1sts. His hit with Michael Molo was awesome but he let his arm come up in a wild swing, lucky it didn't hit anything, he has to control that. All the boys will need to take extra care because we're a target team for the Judiciary and they don't believe in accidents or "unintentional" hits. I wouldn't be surprised if they penalized Moga too just as a warning.

I just watched the highlights again and I was mistaken about that J.Hunt tackle, it was perfect. I must have been seeing things.

2) Dragons Footy : Still shit

Two more years...

But you did post above which sounded like to me you were giving up 2022 & 2023 and scurrying out of the trench after 20 mins of our first trial game !
I think we all make statements on here out of frustration at times, and what the lads put on in the first 20 minutes was pretty dire and just resembled the last seven rounds of 2021 and then some.

I'm happy that they turned things around. I'm happy to see that the players responded to Hook and the manner in which they played the last 60 minutes was pretty promising. I'm also happy to admit that my early assessment turned out to be wrong. To make amends for the egregious sin of rushing to judgement, I'm prepared to do 20 laps of Jubilee Oval while flaying myself with a birch branch, if required.

Last edited: