What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Eels Trial Game 1

Sloan was caught out of position in defence and continually drifted in field
A little over enthusiastic as I saw it. Wanted to be in everything when his mate Amone left. Made some clever plays. But yes he needs to stay back to cover when the season proper starts. Needs to get in the gym and bulk up some too.

Old Timer

Coach
Forgot to mention that it was very encouraging to see both Ramsay & Sloan execute effective front on one on one tackles to slow down / negate attacking raids.

The fact that they can do that will give further encouragement to our forward pack and be a real incentive for them to keep coming back on side after the initial defencive line is broken.

That was never the case with Dufty at the back.

kit66

Bench
The media are onto that Fuimaono tackle, expect the judiciary to come down hard on him. It was a pretty stupid and dangerous tackle to be honest. Another long stint on the sidelines for him I think.

ALSGI

Bench
Forgot to mention that it was very encouraging to see both Ramsay & Sloan execute effective front on one on one tackles to slow down / negate attacking raids.

The fact that they can do that will give further encouragement to our forward pack and be a real incentive for them to keep coming back on side after the initial defencive line is broken.

That was never the case with Dufty at the back.
Only just saw the game.
It was great to see them both tackle, catch organise at the back and neither were rag dolled.
They also don’t give up or stop when a try is about to be scored - both follow through and complete until the ball is dead - that’s attitude.
No hands on hips like Dufty.

qld redvee

Juniors
The media are onto that Fuimaono tackle, expect the judiciary to come down hard on him. It was a pretty stupid and dangerous tackle to be honest. Another long stint on the sidelines for him I think.
Kit66, as you said the witch hunt is already on , so no doubt Fui will have a long holiday on the sideline ... The one thing that must happen is CONSISTENCY on rulings .... But I fear fui is a marked man after his hit on pap in magic round ...

Dragon David

First Grade
Could be a 5-7 week suspension. Moose already to miss 5 games. These two need to change how they tackle otherwise they will be spending more time on the sidelines and not wearing the Red V jersey than being on the field playing in the Red V. The other guys need to learn by these errors so that we keep suspensions down this year.

SAP58

Juniors
Not if he’s asking for too much $$.
Totally agree unfortunately I think Bird will go to the highest bidder he left us last time when Cronulla as usual paid overs. I dont think loyalty will come into it and the fact we were willing to give him a go last year when other thought he was finished. $500k which I believe is our offer is a fair price for him if others want to pay more for him we should let him go IMO.

jeffdragon

Bench
I
Could be a 5-7 week suspension. Moose already to miss 5 games. These two need to change how they tackle otherwise they will be spending more time on the sidelines and not wearing the Red V jersey than being on the field playing in the Red V. The other guys need to learn by these errors so that we keep suspensions down this year.
There were mitigating circumstances in the tackle .
But faegsi was also injured in a tackle.
I think it is a harsh penalty.

Dragon David

First Grade
I
There were mitigating circumstances in the tackle .
But faegsi was also injured in a tackle.
I think it is a harsh penalty.
I think so too. If Dunster didn't get injured, Fui would not be in this position. Turning a player over shouldn't be an offence as far as I am concerned. Legs and feet can get tangled up in many tackles. It is part of the contact sport which is rugby league.

Dragon David

First Grade
A lot of enthusiasm displayed by our guys particularly after the first 18 minutes when we got more ball and once we scored a couple the players knew that they could win.

The players still need to pace themselves and not overdo things and be too enthusiastic - just nice and steady and effective in defence and attack.

kit66

Bench

Yeah, J.Hunt needs a bit of tackle training too if he makes 1sts. His hit with Michael Molo was awesome but he let his arm come up in a wild swing, lucky it didn't hit anything, he has to control that. All the boys will need to take extra care because we're a target team for the Judiciary and they don't believe in accidents or "unintentional" hits. I wouldn't be surprised if they penalized Moga too just as a warning.

Latest posts