What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Panthers

Blair

Coach
Adam Blair will take him out at the knees all night.

It's all admirable 'glass half-full' stuff. You and Burns.

However, until either two things happen, the final whistle or we have enough points and not enough time on the clock to possibly be overrun (even by the flukey Panthers), then I'm remaining the most negative man west of Penrith.

I wish I was a Warriors hardnut like the rest of you.

By the way, where's ozbash? He did all the hard years too, he should be enjoying this week like the rest of us.

Burns

First Grade
Forecast for Saturday is rain and top of 16 - that’s good for Warriors?

sup42

Juniors
I seem to recall Glenn Lazarus toiling through a finals series with a sternum injury?
That was brought up by David Morrow ( interestingly it was last week on radio sport before Mannering did his).

The conversation went along the lines of the opposition targeting Lazarus who missed two tackles that led to trys and probably lost them the game.

Reactions: JJ

sup42

Juniors
Forecast for Saturday is rain and top of 16 - that’s good for Warriors?
Only if the Panthers dont like playing in the wet.

The Warriors have built a fast track side. The faster the surface the better for them.

They rely heavily on the extra step a back can get in kick return meters, and like yours our pack is mobile.

The Warriors best set moves rely on being run at pace.

Johnson is obviously better on dry ground.

All swings and roundabouts though....with the Panthers having trouble with ball security, the Warriors seem to go alright grinding out sides.

Personally I'd prefer a dry night....its is possibly part of why the Warriors have enjoyed playing in Oz this year.

Reactions: JJ

sup42

Juniors
Good news the top side all being named, however we have so many coming back from injury/ Nursing injury that we cant afford to carry too many of the wounded.

I hope they cull the bigger risks out of a list of ;
RTS
Mannering
Green
Luke
Gavet
Beale.
.You can see why i dont think we carry Simon for sentiment alone.

Very quickly we could drop two or more mid game as it is.

Blair

Coach
For this week...

Warriors:
1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (c) 2. David Fusitu’a 3. Peta Hiku 4. Solomone Kata 5. Ken Maumalo 6. Blake Green 7. Shaun Johnson 8. James Gavet 9. Issac Luke 10. Agnatius Paasi 11. Adam Blair 12. Tohu Harris 13. Simon Mannering

Interchange: 14. Jazz Tevaga 15. Isaiah Papali’i 16. Bunty Afoa 17. Gerard Beale

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/n...1/news-story/5c721459003f7bc0cd68d9699e10e375

I believe it's the first time this season our full-strength side has been named.

We need Mannering, he's got the experience. It's finals footy. We have about 10 in the team who've played at that level sure, but Mannering's so good under pressure, when/if it gets tight.

*Edit* With finals footy experience I'm counting: Sheck, Hiku, Green, Johnson, Gavet, Luke, Paasi, Blair, Harris, Mannering and Beale.

Give or take Gavet and Paasi.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Heard a sneaky rumour RTS is out...
giphy.gif

Latest posts