What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team v's Roosters

coolumsharkie

Referee
It bothers me. He is our highest paid and arguably best player and one hell of an on field leader and contributor. Tonights game is important as hell for many reasons listed and we should have/need him playing. If I am not mistaken his last game for his major employer was the loss against the Rabbits (which was a shocker by his standards) on May 7. Through Origin commitments and Origin caused injury he will now have missed the games against Bulldogs, Storm, Titans, Warriors, Broncos and now Roosters.

Agree 100%

I think his last game was against the Eels, when he came off early and didn't return. Phuark SOO.

Ausguy

Coach
Agree Newman.

He is the leader and if we go behind tonight are we relying on colin best to get us out of it. Does best Ben talk???

SharkShocked

Bench
Shocked i tend to agree normally but with the amount of teams breathing down our neck we CANT drop these kind of games to a team 10 places below us on the table, we must win and win well.

As can be seen by the Melbourne result against Canberra, there are going to be upsets for every team over the course of the next 8-9 games.

There have been many games this year we have also won which we probably shouldn't have won. Panthers game and Warriors games come to mind.

Irrespective of which game it is week in week out, win as many of the 8-9 games left as possible. I don't care if we lose this and next and then win all 3 hard games at the end of the season.

If anyone believes that this week is the be all and end all of our charge towards the top 4 they're kidding.

Many swings and round abouts to come this year still.

Yes it is a game we should win by looking at the ladder alone. Pity that means dick all.

Wonder if Melbourne are worried they lost to Canberra? Doubt it.

Ausguy

Coach
Bullshit Bellamy would be f**king fuming.

It's your attitude above SS that has seen us fail before.

The club needs a win at all costs attitude.

If we lose tonight I will be filthy.

SharkShocked

Bench
Bullshit Bellamy would be f**king fuming.

It's your attitude above SS that has seen us fail before.

The club needs a win at all costs attitude.

If we lose tonight I will be filthy.

Your attitude is the one that is the problem mate.

Focus less on our "star" players playing and get the win without them. There is no reason that our team cannot win without these two players. At present Gallen does way to much work anyway. You have 17 players that take part not 16 players and one superman.

Prove to the competition that we are a team capable of winning football matches without the dependence on a few.

Team game mate. Win as a team, lose as a team.

Todd will be fired up.

i think we will get them. well i hope we do anyway.

if we can get away with not playing gallen and smith and win the game...then its good.

Craigshark

First Grade
I agree with Newman, Origin has screwed us over in regards to Gallen.. The fact he was laughing at the end of that Eels game which we blew, had me filthy. He needs to get over it now and start putting back in the hard work for us.

shaggs

Coach
I'm with newms, we pay his wage, I'm sure we cover his physio costs for playing with nsw. I doubt the nswrl pay compo to teams who miss players from origin.
Get out there and win.
Smash some charnts, don't train till the next game, get that winning feeling back.

This is a game where we teams start to think, f**k the sharks bashed the Broncos and the roosters, I glad we don't have them next week.

Weaponhead

Coach
Tough issue for the clubs. In Gallen's case, origin has been a big motivator for him when we have been going poorly. This year he put so much into the series that his contribution for us has been lessened. This is not a bad thing as others have had to step up. The club wants to support his ambition but also needs return on investment.

He is showing the wear and tear of a tough series and needs time to recover to play good footy for us at the business end. The issue is we need to keep winning to be there at the business end.

Easts seem to target Gallen with blokes like FPN and Masoe. I don't mind too much that his misses this one but would prefer to have Smith there to provide leadership. With neither playing it puts huge onus on our props to play big minutes and deliver.

Generalzod

Immortal
Just heard on 2UE that Gallen is out for a month some kind of hernia problem. state of f**king origin

Latest posts