What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Saints

NRL vs DRAGONS
WIN Stadium
Mon 27 Aug 7pm
1 Jarryd HAYNE

2 Krisnan INU
3 Ben SMITH
4 Timana TAHU
5 Eric GROTHE

6 Brett FINCH
7 Tim SMITH

8 Nathan CAYLESS ©
9 Mark RIDDELL
10 Fuifui MOIMOI
11 Nathan HINDMARSH
12 Ian HINDMARSH
13 Feleti MATEO
14 PJ MARSH
15 Josh CORDOBA
16 Chad ROBINSON
17 Daniel WAGON

COACH – MICHAEL HAGAN

PREMIER LEAGUE vs KNIGHTS
Energy Aust Stadium
Fri 24 Aug 5:30pm
1 Joel REDDY

2 Etu UAISELE
3 James GREHAN
4 Tony WILLIAMS
5 Iwi HAURAKI

6 Kris KEATING
7 Blake GREEN

8 Aaron CANNINGS
9 Matt KEATING
10 Junior PAULO
11 Weller HAURAKI
12 Todd LOWRIE
13 Brendan OAKE
14 Ray NASSO
15 Richard FA’AOSO
16 Tim MANNAH
17 Jeremy LATIMORE
18 Martin LEWIS

COACH – RIP TAYLOR

PARRACHILEAN

Juniors
lets replace wagon for either paulo or huraki daniel wagon is more of pl player and a bench player bring the young blokes through give them a chance.

Daniel wagon to Premier League.........

The Colonel

Immortal
Wagon is doing the job that he is in first grade for. Paulo would be a good replacement for Cordoba personally. Nothing wrong IMO with the first grade side though. Should account for the Dragons.

cardinal

Juniors
PARRACHILEAN said:
lets replace wagon for either paulo or huraki daniel wagon is more of pl player and a bench player bring the young blokes through give them a chance.

Daniel wagon to Premier League.........

Wagon will be in 1st grade for the rest of the season and so he should. That pack and bench is the best we have, the most mobile and the highest work rate. They did'nt have any problem standing up to the storm pack and with Fui, cayless and with pig probably starting off the bench as a running forward we will have enough go forward. As has been stated before Wags defence is crucial to defend inside Ben Smith and also he helps Tim out when he has forwards running at him.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Jake the snake said:
NRL vs DRAGONS
PREMIER LEAGUE vs KNIGHTS
Energy Aust Stadium
Fri 24 Aug 5:30pm
1 Joel REDDY

2 Etu UAISELE
3 James GREHAN
4 Tony WILLIAMS
5 Iwi HAURAKI

6 Kris KEATING
7 Blake GREEN

8 Aaron CANNINGS
9 Matt KEATING
10 Junior PAULO
11 Weller HAURAKI
12 Todd LOWRIE
13 Brendan OAKE
14 Ray NASSO
15 Richard FA’AOSO
16 Tim MANNAH
17 Jeremy LATIMORE
18 Martin LEWIS

COACH – RIP TAYLOR

I think some really poor selections there. James Grehan does not deserve promotion in fact I can't believe he is a starter in Flegg. I hope for PL's sake Paulo and Hauraki aren't called up because they will really struggle against the Knights without them.

PARRACHILEAN

Juniors
are you calling wagon a good defender.i didnt see him tackling it was cayless hindmarsh and pj marsh please wagon is a waste of space we need paulo who can break the line wagon cannot break the line when was last time he scored a try. Newcastle should have bought him as he was a favourite of brian smith he old and slow we need youth and speed.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Natalie's Daddy said:
I think some really poor selections there. James Grehan does not deserve promotion in fact I can't believe he is a starter in Flegg. I hope for PL's sake Paulo and Hauraki aren't called up because they will really struggle against the Knights without them.

Grehan has played centre in the past and at Premier Leahue and at the moment they short of stock in the centres so when you look at it it's an obvious choice with Horo and Taulima not available.

and please don't put Jono Wrights name forward..

The Colonel

Immortal
Definitely calling Wagon a good defender. It isn't about him breaking the line - there are plenty of players in the team that do that. The object of the game is to score points and stop the opposition doing the same. He was on the field 41 minutes and made 31 tackles - a lot of them down the right 3rd of the field. Chances are the 14-10 scoreline would have been greatly increased had he not been there.

mickdo

Coach
cardinal said:
As has been stated before Wags defence is crucial to defend inside Ben Smith and also he helps Tim out when he has forwards running at him.
Yep, he made some very important tackles vs the Storm. Has to be in the side.

cardinal

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Definitely calling Wagon a good defender. It isn't about him breaking the line - there are plenty of players in the team that do that. The object of the game is to score points and stop the opposition doing the same. He was on the field 41 minutes and made 31 tackles - a lot of them down the right 3rd of the field. Chances are the 14-10 scoreline would have been greatly increased had he not been there.

Guess Parrachilean missed those lazy 31 :D

Bigfella

Coach
He was on the field 41 minutes and made 31 tackles - a lot of them down the right 3rd of the field.

And Colonel, some of them were bottlers. Either snuffing out an opportunity or rattling the attacking runner.

The quality of our tackling was what led to their handling problems. On the kicj chase it was exceptionally good. Still not sure about the theory of the slow line on our own goal, and I am giving Hagan the benefir of the doubt, it does look to be a plan ... but time will tell.

TBH I thought our kicking early as a tactic was of the old school game plan - give them the ball and belt them and then see what happens!

TBH it was a very good contest to have under our belts going into a finals series.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
eelavation said:
Grehan has played centre in the past and at Premier Leahue and at the moment they short of stock in the centres so when you look at it it's an obvious choice with Horo and Taulima not available.

and please don't put Jono Wrights name forward..

I understand but I just don't think it sends the right message to a player that is not playing well.

On the whole Paulo breaks the line and Wagon doesn't thing, the reason is because he has shown that he can offload and pass before the line so the defence are unsure and so they don't get up on him and gang tackle. If we had players running in pairs at the line the others would make more metres and punch holes as well.

The Engineers Room

First Grade
Bigfella said:
And Colonel, some of them were bottlers. Either snuffing out an opportunity or rattling the attacking runner.

The quality of our tackling was what led to their handling problems. On the kicj chase it was exceptionally good. Still not sure about the theory of the slow line on our own goal, and I am giving Hagan the benefir of the doubt, it does look to be a plan ... but time will tell.

TBH I thought our kicking early as a tactic was of the old school game plan - give them the ball and belt them and then see what happens!

TBH it was a very good contest to have under our belts going into a finals series.

If we comtinue these tactics we will limp into the finals and go out week 1. The only reason for the closeness of the contest was Melbourne had another poor game with little intensity.

Perrymatta

Juniors
Not real happy with the first grade side. I would like to run with...

1. Inu
2. Hayne
3. Smith
4. Tahu
5. Grothe
6. Finch
7. Smith
8. Cayless
9. Marsh
10. Cordoba
11. Hindmarsh
12. Mateo