What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Sharks

abpanther

Staff member
Apr 15 - Here are Penrith's sides for this weekend's matches in 1st Grade, Toyota Cup. NSW VB Cup, SG Ball and Harold Matthews will be posted at 8pm.

Vs Sharks at Toyota Stadium, Saturday April 19 - 7.30pm Kick off

1. Rhys Wesser 2. Luke Rooney 3. Michael Jennings 4. Brad Tighe 5. Michael Gordon 6. Maurice Blair 7. Jarrod Sammut 8. Tony Puletua 9. Luke Priddis 10. Petero Civoniceva (C) 11. Frank Pritchard 12. Luke Lewis 13. Nathan Smith. Interchange: 14. Paul Aiton 15. Joseph Paulo 16. Brendan Worth 17. Matthew Bell 18. Geoff Daniela 19. Frank Puletua 20. Junior Moors Coach: Matthew Elliott

Vs Sharks at Toyota Stadium, Saturday April 19 - 5.15pm Kick off

1. Lachlan Coote 2. Zoram Watene 3. William Isa 4. Chris Ward 5. Junior Tia Kilifi 6. Wade Graham 7. Trent Iselin 8. Bradley Goodwin 9. Masada Iosefa 10. Sam McKendry 11. Michael Leeds 12. Daniel Penese 13. Jamie Theoharous (C) Interchange: 14. Luke Clydesdale 15. Tinirau Arona 16. Ollie Tia Tia 17. Guy Hodgins 18. Jared Searson 19. Joel Orton Coach: Steve Georgallis

Rooney and Worthless still there I see, can't believe F.Puletua is dropped before worthless, Paulo gets his first start, should be interesting to see how he goes.

Caged Panther

First Grade
When worth was yanked just before half time I was finally hopeful that he might spend some time in NSW cup. At the time I didn't realise he'd been concussed as soon as I found that out I always knew he'd be named this week.

Anyway good to see some good form from our U20's being rewarded good luck Paulo.

mxlegend99

Referee
Matt Elliott needs to have his f*cking head checked. Worthless is the worst front rower we could possibly select. Between him and Rooney, they cost us the game.

Luke Rooney i can understand getting the BOTD. He rarely plays that badly. Buth Worth has not once put in a performance which was worthy of first grade selection. Atleast we finally rewarded an Under 20's players form... it's just a pity Elliott is too stupid to see that Masada Iosefa is by far the best hooker the club has.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Fair enough MX you don't like the side and your entitled to that opinion but OMG why does the way you express your displeasure sound so whiny.

mxlegend99

Referee
Fair enough MX you don't like the side and your entitled to that opinion but OMG why does the way you express your displeasure sound so whiny.
Yeah i like to bitch about the ridiculous selections.

But questioning the coaches sanity or pointing out the short comings of a player is hardly as whiney as this part of your post....

but OMG why does the way you express your
:p

Fibroman

First Grade
Personally, I would have had Daniella in the side in front of Rooney this week and put pressure on him to play well to retain his spot. Vice versa for Rooney. Paulo onto the bench in front of Worth.

Elliott doesn't like Iosefa. It's that simple. Coaches always have and always will play favourites. I have a feeling Elliott has a soft spot for Smith, Worth, Rooney and O'Halloran, probably due to commitment at training, and has a dislike for Iosefa for a lack of commitment on the training paddock.

Caged Panther

First Grade
Elliott doesn't like Iosefa. It's that simple. Coaches always have and always will play favourites. I have a feeling Elliott has a soft spot for Smith, Worth, Rooney and O'Halloran, probably due to commitment at training, and has a dislike for Iosefa for a lack of commitment on the training paddock.

That may be the case but there does have to be a point where you can't ignore what his doing on the field providing of course we're not talkinig about out and out laziness on the training paddock.

Slightly off topic but when is Iosefa's contract up?

mxlegend99

Referee
Not sure when his contract is up, but if we lose Masada Iosefa... i will never forgive Panthers management of Matt Elliott for that.

griffo346

First Grade
IMO Worth was always going to be selected he had a bout of concussion as caged panther said but in turn i wish he wasn't playing .

why cant Sam Mckendry get picked he looks the goods

Fibroman

First Grade
Juniors we need to lock up with contracts:

Iosefa, Paulo, Blackett, McKendry, Coote, Waddell. I'm sure we will have enough room under the cap to do this.

Juniors we need to lock up with contracts:

Iosefa, Paulo, Blackett, McKendry, Coote, Waddell. I'm sure we will have enough room under the cap to do this.
Im pretty sure Iosefa is locked in until end of 09.
Paulo end of 08 with option for 09.
Blackett same as Paulo.
Mckendry just recently signed for another 3 years.
Coote is signed until the end of 2010.
And Waddell 2010 also.

Just on that what is happening with Blackett he hasnt been named in any side all year?

Kilkenny

Coach
Despite what Fibroman might say, Sam McKendry in my opinion is a long way off the NRL. NRL quality defences would have no trouble whatsover dealing with big Sam. He would be a liability in defence and his lateral movement is limited. He is a year or two away from being ready for the NRL.

In respect of Luke Rooney I personally think he has done quite well this season. His work rate bringing the ball back out of our defensive zone is commendable. Our offensive has been ordinary to say the least so we have not exactly provided him with an over abundance of opportunities to show his attacking or finishing prowess. Suggesting Daniella could do a better job is absolutely ridiculous. I have watched Daniella in three NSW cup appearances and frankly he has not excelled.

In my opinion Luke Rooney needs to leave the Panthers and move on to further or reinvent his career. To suggest he is not worthy of a position in our current top 17 is ridiculous.

*Sandy*

First Grade
It feels good to win. :clap:

How good did Paulo go!!
Nathan Smith played a good game tonight.

Big Mick

Referee
I'll give it to Nathan Smith...he played awesome tonight...I actually was quite impressed, he has convinced me now.

Worth was still crap...did absolutely nothing.

Rooney's try was good...but his conceding of the try and his speed was a problem.

AIton was fantastic and really gave us a spark

Bob Blair was dreadful imo...missed plenty of tackles, including 2 which led to tries, poor kicking which most of the time hit the fullback/winger straight on the chest.

Jarrod Sammut proved his worth today. He is an inspirational leader, and stood up when it counted.

Jennings had his best game of the year.

Paulo needs to start until Waterhouse comes back...he was brilliant...needs to stop looking for the offload every time but...that comes with experience, he got caught in defence a couple of times but was overall impressive.

on the Under 20's

Anyone who tells me Wade Graham isn't ready for the #6 in First Grade has rocks in their head...he is big enough for first grade, has the brain and also the leadership skills.. when the Sharks scored their second try, he was marshalling the troops right in front of me. He was a great leader, and would be a perfect foil for Sammut.

I thought Sam McKendry had a quiet game...Iosefa had a great game, Lachlan Coote I thought was contained but did great work for his try. Isa got caught out a few times, but scored a brilliant try.

Jamie Theoharous was brilliant in defence, hit extremely hard, the entire backrow was impressive.