What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Sharks

Meth

Staff member
Game has been over less than an hour and I already want to move on.

1- Locke
2- Fisiiahi
3- Nielsen
4- Henry (wow- did I just say that?)
5- Tupou
6- Leuluai
7- Johnson
8- Matulino
9- Mara
10- Sam Rapira
11- Taylor
12- Mannering
13- Lowrie

Res- Lillyman, Ikahihifo, Mateo, Godinet

kos

Juniors
Bunnies need to physically smash Sharks this Monday night and drain their energy right out.
I work with a Sharks supporter and he bags the crap out of our boys when we go into a losing streak, be nice to take the Sharks out.

Aragorn

First Grade
given the shiet fest that is the sharks, I actually like our chances for this game....

LeagueNut

First Grade
^^ I was thinking that too, but it could work the other way - like the Storm game in 2010 after they got stripped of their Premierships.

Knowing our luck, ASADA will come out and say "20 of the Sharks first-grade squad will be suspended for two years, but we'll let them play one last game against the Warriors first".

LeagueNut

First Grade
Does anyone know when various people are coming back from injury?

Packer, Lousi, Lousi, Friend, Henry, Tuimavave, Ropati (?), etc?

Skinner

Coach
Does anyone know when various people are coming back from injury?

Packer, Lousi, Lousi, Friend, Henry, Tuimavave, Ropati (?), etc?

From the NRL.com Injury List

Manu Vatuvei Ankle Round 4

Carlos Tuimavave Hand Round 5

Sam Lousi Foot Round 6

Sione Lousi ACL Season

Nathan Friend Shoulder Round 5

Russell Packer Bicep Round 5

No mention of the Ro Bro though

Iafeta

Referee
1 Locke
2 Fisiiahi
3 Neilsen
4 Peyroux
5 Tupou
6 Leuluai
7 Johnson
8 Sam Rapira
9 Mara - I think his defence at the start is slightly better than Godinet's
10 Matulino
11 Mateo
12 Mannering (C)
13 Lowrie

Godinet
Taylor
Lillyman
Ikahihifo

Rebel

First Grade
Mara to hooker, Taylor to second row, mannering to centre, hurrel to vulcans. Simple.

Big fat no to peyroux. He is dad set awful.

Does anyone think tupou could play centre?

I think Leuluai is better suited to hooker, I'd have Godinet at 7, Johnson 6.

Noway I thought about this idea too however rubbished it when I thought about Godinet and Johnson defending in the middle (ouch) better to leave TL there as he has good defence overall. Johnson to goto Vulcans he shouldnt be the kicker too as he doesnt deal with the pressure very well. Thomas L should be the kicker

1. Locke
6. TL
7. Godinet
9. Mara (FO Mr I wanna be a rapper lol)

Iafeta

Referee
Johnson to the Vulcans? I thought he was quite good last night. Are you judging him as a player or as a goal kicker?

Johnson to the Vulcans? I thought he was quite good last night. Are you judging him as a player or as a goal kicker?

As a player and a goal kicker Iafeta, he didn't step up at all, his interview he said he will take the line on more and he did (twice and then faded into the shadows) and yes he got his first pressure kick of the season and failed miserably. (Imagine if that was a final or the GF) and yes that 40-20 was magnificent but rest of the game where was he???

You reckon he was good eh? In what way? If you say he has improved because he doesn't have as many missed tackles this week than last, then you're in lala land. And again I dont doubt the kids talent, I doubt his discipline and patience along with leading a NRL side as a #7

Make the bastard see how Godinet takes control of a team. He's tiny but has alot more brains than Princess Johnson, his (Godinet) results speak for themselves.

Vulcanise Johnson and see if Godinet takes his opportunity to another level, if he does do well Johnson will either cry like a princess and goto Penrith, or man up and try to cement his 7 jersey and direct the team around that we all expect a No.7 to do.

We so need to forget his broncos game try and his set up for 2011 PF to get us in the GF that year, that was aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago

That's me 50 cents worth :D

Iafeta

Referee
I don't think you should drop him for his goal kicking... if, frankly, there's no one better putting their hand up. Who else have we got? Locke? He's fairly average.

I don't want Godinet running the team. Picking apart weak markers and bringing the forwards onto the ball is a good role for him. He's doing it well. No need to change that.

Yeah, I thought Johnson took more control of the kicking game. Good 40/20. Yeah the try he scored wasn't creative, but it took some pace to get away, and he did. His passing I thought was better, and he did take the line on once or twice. Good kick for the Tupou try. I actually thought Thommy did two fifths of SFA TBH.