What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Storm

parra.letic

Juniors
they we be tough tough tough opposition for us!

they have kaufusi lima jeremy smith tagatase manu etc

some big strong men there that parra's cream puffs might find hard to contain is anyone else nervous?

Mr Opinionated

Juniors
I think this game, while we should win will be tougher than some are giving Melbourne credit for. Their second string side improved a lot in their second outing and Gold Coast, while winning 18-0, found them a pretty tough nut to crack.

If we're complacent, we'll get beat.

If we are serious about our chances this year, we SHOULD beat the Storm by over 20.

Did Prince play in the Gold Coast vs Storm game? I can't remember ... if so then the Titans were vastly understrengthed too considering Prince is their team.

Suitman

Post Whore
I think this game, while we should win will be tougher than some are giving Melbourne credit for. Their second string side improved a lot in their second outing and Gold Coast, while winning 18-0, found them a pretty tough nut to crack.

That is soooo true. Why? Because Melbourne have a massive difference in match mentality than we do.
You're Gold Coast comparison is a great example.

Suity

Mr Opinionated

Juniors
I'll be Honest with you im abit nervous for this game still i fear that melbourne may have a stronger forward pack then us. Jeremy Smith Jeff Lima Antonio Kaufusi and a few others

Jeremy Smith has been named in the centres ... if i read their team card right

Avenger

Immortal
Parramatta will go into the clash against the undermanned Storm with just two recognised NRL front rowers after Michael Hagan made the curious decision to replace Fuifui Moimoi with Todd Lowrie.

Most supporters would have expected Junior Paulo to step into the side for Moimoi especially given that the Eels were dominated in the forwards against the Sharks.

Instead, Hagan has brought Lowrie onto the bench meaning that Brendan Oake, Weller Huaraki and Chad Robinson are all likely to play prop forward roles during the game.

Joe Gulavao would also have been an option, with the former Panther and Rabbitoh being in good form for Wentworthville, according to reports.

With the Wentworthville team not yet named, it is not clear whether injuries forced Hagan's hand or if he is sacrificing size to focus on mobility.

The match will see Nathan Cayless play his 200th NRL game, all of which have been for Parramatta while Chad Robinson will rack up game 150.

Link ?

What is the team list ?

Mr Opinionated

Juniors
They still have some good names in their side.

BUT they are missing
Slater
Inglis
Folau
Quinn
C Smith
Johnson
Hoffman

Half their back line and three of their better forwards including their captain are out this weekend.

There are serious problems with our team if we can not beat the Storm this weekend.

It's good to be nervous, and I damn well hope every single player in the Eels first grade side is nervous cause that means they are prepared and are not being complacent.

If we play 100% to our abilitiy we SHOULD win easily.

caylo

Bench

The Titans played really bad, and Melbourne offered nothing in attack. The titans (through poor ball security and dumb options on the last) gave the Storm numberous chances and threw away certain tries.

I think that Mateo and Finch may see alot of space and we may put up a cricket score TBH. Nice increase in our +/- tbh

Mr Opinionated

Juniors
we should have done a few things this year and havent, like win more games!

yeah that is what is making me nervous

I just have a feeling the team will come out flat expecting an easy win.

I am trying to negate those feelings by saying we SHOULD win easily

It is much easier to say WE SHOULD then expect WE WILL.

fish eel

Immortal
The Titans played really bad, and Melbourne offered nothing in attack. The titans (through poor ball security and dumb options on the last) gave the Storm numberous chances and threw away certain tries.

The storm side were well drilled defensively that night and a much difficult proposition than I think when they played Saints.

If Gold Coast were poor, it was probably because they made assumptions like this:

I think that Mateo and Finch may see alot of space and we may put up a cricket score TBH. Nice increase in our +/- tbh

caylo

Bench
The storm side were well drilled defensively that night and a much difficult proposition than I think when they played Saints.

If Gold Coast were poor, it was probably because they made assumptions like this:

I think Rogers kicked dead about 6 or so times, which he also did against us. Rogers kicking game has been poor this year and with Prince out they relied on him.

Mateo esp will cause alot of havoc if he is given half the room that Rogers was given. I watched the game and to many times the storm were caught out only to be let off by dumb play or dumb kicking.

Their pack will struggle (IMO) and Geyer at fullback was aweful when pressure was put on him (even though he made close to 200 meter)
Cronk also struggled to porovide any attacking flare with a backrower outside him and no Inglis and Smith.

We should find plenty of gaps on the edges, and run stright through them. If parramatta are cocky they will just win but if they turn up and bring their best foot forward they will win big. I can't see any way to we can lose, not possible (anyone will tell you that)

Last edited: