What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Storm

caylo

Bench
doubt hindy will slot into the fornt row, Riddell and Robo will prob do thos duties.
Caylo will play 60 min, Cordoba 50, Oake 40 so only about 10 of so minutes will have to be cover up front IMO. Both Cordoba and Cayless are capable of playing long minutes. This will Just probably mean that Cayless will paly more minutes and I think that is a good thing. If he could possibly get through 70 min inthe frontrow maybe it would sway Hagen to play him more which would benift us IMO.

Hellsy

Immortal
Finally
http://parraeels.com.au/news/news1809.shtml
news1809-cayless-1224.jpg
Cayless & Robinson To Achieve Milestones Against Storm
24 June 2008

Pirtek Parramatta Eels captain Nathan Cayless will play his 200th match for the Eels and lock Chad Robinson his 150th career game in Sunday’s Telstra Premiership clash with the Melbourne Storm at Parramatta Stadium.

Wentworthville junior Cayless, who made his debut against the South Queensland Crushers aged 19 in 1997, is currently the longest serving captain in the National Rugby League.

Robinson, who started his career with the Eels after coming up through the Winston Hills and Wentworthville ranks, plays his 150th game, 80 of which have been in the blue and gold.

Robinson also featured in 70 matches for the Sydney Roosters between 2002 & 2005.

Teams for this weekend’s matches are as follows:
PIRTEK PARRAMATTA EELS
TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP
V Melbourne Stork
PARRAMATTA STADIUM
SUNDAY 29 JUNE 2008
3.00PM

1 Luke BURT
2 Taulima TAUTAI
3 Krisnan INU
4 Joel REDDY
5 Tony WILLIAMS
6 Feleti MATEO
7 Brett FINCH
8 Nathan CAYLESS [C]
9 Mark RIDDELL
10 Josh CORDOBA
11 Nathan HINDMARSH
12 Daniel WAGON
13 Chad ROBINSON
INTERCHANGE
14 Matthew KEATING
15 Todd LOWRIE
16 Weller HAURAKI
17 Brendan OAKE
COACH – MICHAEL HAGAN
PIRTEK PARRAMATTA EELS
TOYOTA CUP
V Melbourne Stork
PARRAMATTA STADIUM
SUNDAY 29 JUNE 2008
3.00PM

1 Mase Laulu TOGAGAE
2 Fareni MOEFAAUO
3 Taniela LASALO
4 Jay HEMING
5 Nathan GARDNER
6 Kristopher KEATING [C]
7 Daniel MORTIMER
8 Tim ROBINSON
9 Anthony MITCHELL
10 Jonathon MANNAH
11 Luke LATHAM
12 David BAUMANN
13 Martin LEWIS
INTERCHANGE
14 Luke MOTTINELLI
15 Joe MATAELE
16 Joel LATHAM
17 Ken TE WHATA
18 James HUNT
20 Brendan TRAIN
COACH – MATT CAMERON

TheParraboy

Staff member
what time does the Toyota cup game start? 12.45pm?

Somehow I dont think its at 3pm, lol

TheRam

Coach
We will struggle at different stages of this game. We should win by 50+, but sadly that ain't going to happen. Also if Hagan isn't the worst coach in the NRL then he certainly is very close.

Where the hell are the gorillas up front Hagan? You fool. All you have to do is look at recent history in R Stuart when at the Rooster and even your predecessor here at Parra in 2003-4 I think. They quickly learnt from their blunders and will never repeat those fiascos again.

Do you need to fu*k us over, when it is so obvious to any half wit with working eyes that big powerful mobile forward packs are king, before you take heed of the painful lessons learnt by better coaches then you.

Take the hint loser and blood some young and angry fu*king raging bulls, moron!!

Gronk

Staff member
Ram have you EVER posted anything remotely positive about the club ? It's getting quite depressing really.

We will struggle at different stages of this game. We should win by 50+, but sadly that ain't going to happen. Also if Hagan isn't the worst coach in the NRL then he certainly is very close.

Where the hell are the gorillas up front Hagan? You fool. All you have to do is look at recent history in R Stuart when at the Rooster and even your predecessor here at Parra in 2003-4 I think. They quickly learnt from their blunders and will never repeat those fiascos again.

Do you need to fu*k us over, when it is so obvious to any half wit with working eyes that big powerful mobile forward packs are king, before you take heed of the painful lessons learnt by better coaches then you.

Take the hint loser and blood some young and angry fu*king raging bulls, moron!!

That was such a successful period for us now wasn't it.

TheRam

Coach
That was such a successful period for us now wasn't it.

Well I am not sure about the exact year, maybe 2002 then. It was the year that B Smith admitted that he erred when planning on the type of player that was need in the NRL at that time.

Well I am not sure about the exact year, maybe 2002 then. It was the year that B Smith admitted that he erred when planning on the type of player that was need in the NRL at that time.

No you are right on with the Years and yes he addmitted that at the end of 2002 that the "Total Football" plan that worked so well in 2001 was flawed so he started to recruit as you so elequently put it, Gorillas.

The Problem with that is, in 2003 and 2004, we finished out side the top 8. 2003 we finished 9th and 2004 we finished 12th. These are the only 2 times in the recent history (Since 1997) that we have finished outside the top 8.

TheRam

Coach
Look, I didn't think it would be that hard to realize that big angry mobile forwards are what lay the platform for any team to be successful in the NRL. We have very few in our team that can dominate consistently in our pack.

TheRam

Coach
Yes and the reason we finished outside the 8 was due to playing catch up and recruiting big but talentless players, due to his previous blunders of retention. ;-)

Look, I didn't think it would be that hard to realize that big angry mobile forwards are what lay the platform for any team to be successful in the NRL. We have very few in our team that can dominate consistently in our pack.

Oh that is not in doubt, We don't have a blockbuster take no prisoners forward, however Fui showed glimpses of form last weekend in the last few minutes.

But you were stating that we need a big angry pack and highlighted that Brian Smith admitted that in 2002 and went for the Big pack in 2003 and 2004. The Problem with bringing that up is that it wasn't successful.

Our Success with a strong forward came in 2005 after we had lost the likes of Corey Pearson and Dean Tracey who were bought in to fill that role. Our Success came in the form of Paul Stringer. Who a number of people on this forum, and I will include myself in that, called "The Drummer in the Band".

Yes and the reason we finished outside the 8 was due to playing catch up and recruiting big but talentless players, due to his previous blunders of retention. ;-)

Well that all revolves around the end of 2001 and the rule changes now doesn't it.

If the Rule doesn't change does Jason Cayless become a Premiership Winning NRL forward?