What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team vs Storm

Gronk

Staff member
why did we even bring joe to the club?

I haven't seen any of Wenty's games so I can't comment on his form. Whilst he's scored a bunch of tries on the past few weeks, it may not be a true indication of his form and ability to step up from NSW Cup to NRL.

leo9999

Juniors
i feel so sorry for Joe.G

what else does the guy have to do to get a run in firstgrade? .... its pathetic!

Same i feel sorry for him to how is he suppose to be back at his best playing for Wenty he only got 1 chance to impress in round 1 thats rubbish everyone will be rusty 1st game of season.

plzzz Hagan Select him asap

Suitman

Post Whore

what else does the guy have to do to get a run in firstgrade? .... its pathetic!

To be honest, very few of us actually know what Joe G's form has been like.
In saying that, I'd think that it's a given that most on here would think he has more to offer than Lowrie.
I generally don't like to seriously put the boot into someone who has NRL experience, but in saying that, I've not yet seen anything from Lowrie that convinces me that he is NRL standard.

Suity

fish eel

Immortal
Because Souths were paying him.

Suity

Yeah, I know, but why even bother if he isnt going to get game time?

I haven't seen any of Wenty's games so I can't comment on his form. Whilst he's scored a bunch of tries on the past few weeks, it may not be a true indication of his form and ability to step up from NSW Cup to NRL.

as Suity said, we dont know Joe's form unless we have been watching Wenty, but we all know Lowries inability to make that step up.

hybrideel

Bench
I'm worried about the lack of reserve props.we have a couple of decent reserve props and yet we don't select any of them. we could get steamrolled this weekend

Gronk

Staff member
From what I have seen this year Lowrie would find it easy to dominate... in Jim Beam Cup.

leo9999

Juniors
Parramatta will go into the clash against the undermanned Storm with just two recognised NRL front rowers after Michael Hagan made the curious decision to replace Fuifui Moimoi with Todd Lowrie.

Most supporters would have expected Junior Paulo to step into the side for Moimoi especially given that the Eels were dominated in the forwards against the Sharks.

Instead, Hagan has brought Lowrie onto the bench meaning that Brendan Oake, Weller Huaraki and Chad Robinson are all likely to play prop forward roles during the game.

Joe Gulavao would also have been an option, with the former Panther and Rabbitoh being in good form for Wentworthville, according to reports.

With the Wentworthville team not yet named, it is not clear whether injuries forced Hagan's hand or if he is sacrificing size to focus on mobility.

The match will see Nathan Cayless play his 200th NRL game, all of which have been for Parramatta while Chad Robinson will rack up game 150.

Parramatta will go into the clash against the undermanned Storm with just two recognised NRL front rowers after Michael Hagan made the curious decision to replace Fuifui Moimoi with Todd Lowrie.

Most supporters would have expected Junior Paulo to step into the side for Moimoi especially given that the Eels were dominated in the forwards against the Sharks.

Instead, Hagan has brought Lowrie onto the bench meaning that Brendan Oake, Weller Huaraki and Chad Robinson are all likely to play prop forward roles during the game.

Joe Gulavao would also have been an option, with the former Panther and Rabbitoh being in good form for Wentworthville, according to reports.

With the Wentworthville team not yet named, it is not clear whether injuries forced Hagan's hand or if he is sacrificing size to focus on mobility.

The match will see Nathan Cayless play his 200th NRL game, all of which have been for Parramatta while Chad Robinson will rack up game 150.

Wouldn't this be Wagons 200th also.

Calexico

Juniors

And the reserve graders must all be thinking they're wasting their time trying to make first grade if a guy in Joey's form can't get a run.

I heard that Junior suffered what seemed to be a reasonably serious knee injury in last weekends game. Does anyone know anything about that??

Mr Opinionated

Juniors
Unless there are other issues at play (injuries etc) the selection of Lowrie in first grade to replace Fui Fui is PROOF THAT HAGAN IS NOT FIT TO BE A FIRST GRADE COACH!!

Two weeks ago Hagan saw his team dominate a propless Tigers team.
Two weeks ago Hagan saw the Queensland SOO dominate a propless NSW team.

Yet Hagan has seemingly decided that size in the pack does not matter.

Unfortunately, the Eels should steam roll the Storm and Hagan will continue to believe size in the pack does not matter.

Plus, it is FREAKING TODD LOWRIE!!!

leo9999

Juniors
I hear Lowrie is on big Money...... massive money for his sh*t standards.

So Bascially he is only playing 1st grade ahead of galuvao and Paulo because lowrie is on big money and parra dont want to be embaressed by the reporters ETC saying a player worth whatever it is playing for Wenty. :lol:.

I wonder though if Lowrie is only playing ahead of Galuvao just because he earns more

fish eel

Immortal
Unless there are other issues at play (injuries etc) the selection of Lowrie in first grade to replace Fui Fui is PROOF THAT HAGAN IS NOT FIT TO BE A FIRST GRADE COACH!!

Two weeks ago Hagan saw his team dominate a propless Tigers team.
Two weeks ago Hagan saw the Queensland SOO dominate a propless NSW team.

Yet Hagan has seemingly decided that size in the pack does not matter.

Unfortunately, the Eels should steam roll the Storm and Hagan will continue to believe size in the pack does not matter.

Plus, it is FREAKING TODD LOWRIE!!!

I think this game, while we should win will be tougher than some are giving Melbourne credit for. Their second string side improved a lot in their second outing and Gold Coast, while winning 18-0, found them a pretty tough nut to crack.

If we're complacent, we'll get beat.

leo9999

Juniors
I think this game, while we should win will be tougher than some are giving Melbourne credit for. Their second string side improved a lot in their second outing and Gold Coast, while winning 18-0, found them a pretty tough nut to crack.

If we're complacent, we'll get beat.

I'll be Honest with you im abit nervous for this game still i fear that melbourne may have a stronger forward pack then us. Jeremy Smith Jeff Lima Antonio Kaufusi and a few others