What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Team Vs Storm

Syren

Juniors
i would have dell instead of nightingale. we need experience its the business end of the season. nightingale goes missing too much.

Welcome to the forum! Although I must say... :shock::shock:! Nightingale has been excellent this year and the last, he needs to be in the side at ALL times under current form.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
i would have dell instead of nightingale. we need experience its the business end of the season. nightingale goes missing too much.

Are you watching the Dragons games or something else. Nightingale is the only player who never goes missing. He is always making a few hit ups and if all players had his determination the Dragons would be undefeated. He is the best player in the Dragons this season. Him and then daylight.

Kiki

First Grade
yeh what the hell?? nightingale has been a gun all season. he is always there 100%. dont think you've been watchin the same games as the rest of us.

boxa777

Coach
Yeh you can't get rid of Florence. He is too safe. In a team full of heart attacks, Flo is gold..

But the Dell needs to be in the team somewhere. The Storm have not played someone like him. He will sledge their arses off and hopefully put them off their game.

Really need to stand up in this one. I think the Storm players should come out one at a time with accompanying music just like in the World Wrestling Federation..

Mong

Post Whore
Nightingale is the leading try scorer in the NRL isn't he?

Seems he must appear when it counts most if he does go missing.

I hate Monday night games.. Waiting for the game sucks when all other games are already done and dusted.

Kiki

First Grade
aww thankyou mister!! i usually recap a dragons game a week but sassy has banned me from this weekends coz im too emotional about gaz :(

DragonPunk

Live Update Team
Staff member
aww would have been a good read..hoping the Dragons can get up because i've tipped the Storm and the only other team i went against us we beat the Roosters on ANZAC day.

Plenty of spice expected as Storm takes on Demons

Stathi Paxinos | July 20, 2008

MELBOURNE Storm backrower Ryan Hoffman believes there is a very good reason why clashes against St George Illawarra carry an extra bit of spice for both teams — the players and fans have long memories.
The next instalment will be played out at Olympic Park tomorrow night and the Dragons have never forgotten or forgiven the moment in the 1999 grand final when the Storm was awarded a late penalty try after Craig Smith looked certain to score when he took a cross-field kick only to be knocked senseless by a high swinging arm from Jamie Ainscough. Matt Geyer's subsequent penalty from in front of goal led the Storm to a remarkable come-from-behind 20-18 win.
However, the moment that sticks in the minds of the Storm fraternity according to Hoffman, was in 2000 when the Dragons' resident motormouth Anthony Mundine, still smarting from the grand final loss, declared before the round-five clash that Melbourne was a pretender and not the rightful premier.
The Storm went on to win that game, which was held at the MCG, by 70-10, which was the club's biggest winning margin at the time.
Then throw Melbourne beating the Dragons in the 2006 preliminary final into the mix and that gives some understanding to the feeling.
"Games against the Dragons always have that something extra," Hoffman said. "Footballers have very long memories."
That terse relationship fell another level after over-the-top celebrations of some Dragons players, particularly Jamie Soward, after they beat a severely understrength Storm outfitby 36-12 in round 10. The Storm's NSW origin players, who were watching from the stand that day, were not impressed.
However, one thing Hoffman does not intend on locking away in the memory stores was being named among the most overrated players in the National Rugby League in a poll of 100 players conducted annually by Rugby League Week.Sydney Roosters, NSW and Australian forward Willie Mason won the crown with 20 votes, with Wests Tigers' Benji Marshall given 13 and Hoffman, who is also an Australia and NSW origin representative, claiming eight votes.
■Winger Michael Gordon helped himself to 20 points as Penrith made the Gold Coast's road to the NRL finals even tougher with a 36-22 win at Skilled Park last night.
Gordon scored two tries and kicked six goals while Panthers teammate Frank Pritchard also crossed for a double.

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news...163235106.html

Godz Illa

Coach
Demons wtf? Thats what happens when you get Melbourne hacks writing about League. Back to ping pong Stathi.

redvscotty

First Grade
melbourne supporters and their f**ken golf clapping, i hope to see tears on inglis' face after gaz gives him a major beat down. respect yo authoritah!

Latest posts