What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams for this week Round 9

Kornstar

Coach
NRL vs Canberra
@ Parramatta Stadium on
Sat 6 May @ 5:30pm​
1 - Wade McKINNON
2 – Matt PETERSEN
3 – Brett DELANEY
4 – Timana TAHU
5 - Eric GROTHE
6 - Jeremy SMITH
7 - Tim SMITH
8 – Nathan CAYLESS ©
9 – John MORRIS
10 – Michael VELLA
11 - Nathan HINDMARSH
12 – Chad ROBINSON
13 – Glenn MORRISON

14 – Mark RIDDELL
15 - Dean WIDDERS
16 – Fuifui MOIMOI
17 – Paul STRINGER
18 – PJ MARSH
19 – Luke O’DWYER
20 - Zeb TAIA

Coach – Brian Smith

Prem. League vs Canberra
@ Parramatta Stadium on
Sat 6 May @ 3:30pm​
1 – Luke BURT
2 – Jarryd HAYNE
3 – Tony PARMATANGI
4 – Joel REDDY
5 – John WILLIAMS
6 – Blake GREEN
7 – Marcus PERENARA
8 – Josh CORDOBA
9 – Matt KEATING
10 – Peter LEWIS
11 – Jak AFAMASAGA
12 – Weller HAURAKI
13 – Henry PERENARA

14 – Etu UAISELE
15 – Aaron WOOD
16 – Junior PAULO
17 – Feleti MATEO

Coach – Craig Culnane
Jersey Flegg vs Canberra
@ Parramatta Stadium on
Sun 6 May at 1:50pm​
1 – Shaun PIPER
2 – Iwi HAURAKI
3 – Ben FARRAR
4 – Josh DAVIS
5 – KJ McKENZIE
6 – Kris KEATING
7 – Chris LAW
8 – Broderick WRIGHT
9 – James BOUSTANI
10 – Justin WOOD
11 – Sarkis DAHER
12 – Mark HENDY
13 – Kurt SORENSEN

14 – Jonathan TAVINOR
15 – Francis VAIOTU
16 – Duan POANEKI
17 – Trent WAICOKACOLA
18 – Pitone FAALAVAAU
19 – Roki MOEROA
20 – Simon MICALEF

Coach – Troy Pezet

Nickeel

Juniors
Why Petersen every... single... week?

What did Cordoba do wrong? Give him another go!

Oh well, still a side that should hopefully smack Canberra at home.

Nick

Parra Guru

Coach
1 - Wade McKINNON
2 – Matt PETERSEN
3 – Brett DELANEY
4 – Timana TAHU
5 - Eric GROTHE
6 - Jeremy SMITH
7 - Tim SMITH
8 – Nathan CAYLESS ©
9 – John MORRIS
10 – Michael VELLA
11 - Nathan HINDMARSH
12 – Chad ROBINSON
13 – Glenn MORRISON

14 – Mark RIDDELL
15 - Dean WIDDERS
16 – Fuifui MOIMOI
17 – Paul STRINGER
18 – PJ MARSH
19 – Luke O’DWYER
20 - Zeb TAIA

I really don't know how we'll go with that team this week.

I think TIT will back up and somehow Hindy will pull something special, but I doubt Cayless can handle 2 games

The Colonel

Immortal
Happy to see Jeremy hold his spot. With luck he'll play the full game this week too.

Twizzle said:
Inu and Wags missing from PL

Oake missing again this week as well. Good to see Josh back.

Suitman

Post Whore
What a bench!!!!

I agree on Cordoba though.
One of our best against Newcastle in Rd 1 AND NOT SEEN SINCE????

Suity

The Colonel

Immortal
Parra Guru said:
I really don't know how we'll go with that team this week.

I think TIT will back up and somehow Hindy will pull something special, but I doubt Cayless can handle 2 games

Well the same team did push Manly all the way on Sunday.

It is unlikely that Cayless will start for the Kiwis and play more time than either Hindy or Tahu anyways. Its also better to back up the day after rather than two.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Twizzle said:
Inu and Wags missing from PL

both didn't play on sunday, Wags had a leg injury from the week before and Inu pinched a nerve in his shoulder which could still be bothering him..

I wouldn't rule both of them out just yet..that pl side chops and changes like Paris Hilton love affair.

Jodeci

Bench
What I dont get is, Luke O'Dwyer is on the extended bench for first grade, he hasn't played for the last 3 weeks. So why does he did mentioned on the bench?

Also I think u will find that PJ will be part of the 17 that takes the field this weekend

Stagger eel

Staff member
Benny Smith has his foot out of his cast and is walking freely, word is that his absolutely pumped and ready to rip in.

my guess is that he'll be back against Canterbury.

Parra Guru

Coach
Vella and Cayless really make it obvious that they are from the days of unlimited interchange, except Cayless is slightly more skilled than Vella.

I hope he proves me wrong, plays on Saturday, scores 2 tries and wins MOM, but I can't see any of it happening at this stage.

Nickeel

Juniors
The Colonel said:
Didn't play last week and may still be injured. ;-)

Yeah, I know he didn't play last week, but ever since round 2 he hasn't even been seen anywhere near named in first grade. Has it been injuries this whole time?...

The Colonel said:
Happy to see Jeremy hold his spot. With luck he'll play the full game this week too.

Agreed. Same for John Morris. He looked more dynamic than he has all season at hooker v the Tigers, then was backing that up v Manly but got shifted. Wondering if PJ in the #18 will make it to Saturday? I think Johnny and PJ could work well subbing one another, as they are in a similar mould, scooting quickly out of dummy-half. At the moment I can only see Pig slotting into the second row mid-game, but then we have Hindy, Morro, Chad...

Nick

With that bench you would say Chalky is on backup for TIT andZeb for hindy. . . . does that Mean PJ is on backup for Cayless ????? Maybe Riddell and PJ slots in as utility.

The Colonel

Immortal
Nickeel said:
Yeah, I know he didn't play last week, but ever since round 2 he hasn't even been seen anywhere near named in first grade. Has it been injuries this whole time?...

The softly, softly approach. Playing first grade in the backs is a different kettle of fish to the forwards. He'll no doubt get his chance again and soon. While we may not like it - long term its probably better for him.

Agreed. Same for John Morris. He looked more dynamic than he has all season at hooker v the Tigers, then was backing that up v Manly but got shifted. Wondering if PJ in the #18 will make it to Saturday? I think Johnny and PJ could work well subbing one another, as they are in a similar mould, scooting quickly out of dummy-half. At the moment I can only see Pig slotting into the second row mid-game, but then we have Hindy, Morro, Chad...

Nick

If Cayless doesn't play Robinson could play prop with Riddell slotting into the backrow - who knows. Jeremy may even miss out.

Nickeel

Juniors
eelavation said:
Benny Smith has his foot out of his cast and is walking freely, word is that his absolutely pumped and ready to rip in.

my guess is that he'll be back against Canterbury.

Can't. Bloody. Wait. Hope he is hungry as hell and gets a treble against the Bullscum.

Nick

Latest posts