What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams for this week Round 9

Nikki

Coach
The Colonel said:
Oake missing again this week as well. Good to see Josh back.

Just happened to be driving behind Oakey this morning as saw him head into the physio, so obviously carrying an injury of some sort there.

As for Josh, will be interesting to see if he plays and if he is actually OK. He was also named last weekend but went MIA

Suitman

Post Whore
eloquentEEL said:
he played in rnd 2 as well... i think the problem is that, as you put it, he wasn't really seen in that match, a bit like Taia's second match. Then again, I think he was playing with an injury. If Caylo can't back up, it would be good to see Cordoba promoted.

Thanks for the correction.
I agree, I really don't think he will give us anything less than Cayless has been.

Suity

Bigfella

Coach
1. Ben SMith was on crutches Sunday. Saw him in the Members immediately after the game. Must still be a way off yet?

2. Tries were scored on Grothe's wing. At least two of them would have made no difference who was playing in defence. If he hadn't been there with ball in hand we would have been beaten by plenty.

3. Stringer missing a game last week was a shame. He seems to need match fitness. Sitting out hardly helped ... would expect him to play somewhere this week

Utey

Coach
Hellsy said:
Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Joel Reddy in the No 4 doesn't look right

Has played their the last couple of week. We have so much depth in the backs!

Liking that team, Johnny Williams hard down by IMO.

Oh and Micaleffs back!! Flegg team looks the goods.

lucablight

First Grade
Jake the snake said:
Williams not being in the team is a disgrace!!

PJ needs to be in the team somewhere but so does Riddell and Moriss so....who knows. Im Thinking Cayless may not back up With Stringer Starting and Riddell playing as a forward.

I believe Petersen being IN the team is a bigger disgrace

Hellsy

Immortal
<UPtheEELS> said:
Has played their the last couple of week.

I know he played there, but he playe in that position wearing the No 1 jersey.
To see Joel in the No 4 jersey will be strange

Utey

Coach
Oh in that sense yeah, always seen him at a better fullback than anything else.

jayman

Juniors
whats the go with Mr I take a large chunk of the cap and not doing much Cannings???

injured still??? didnt he only have a wisdom teeth or something pulled out?

Hurriflatch

Referee
Honestly not all that surprised to see no changes despite the fact I think some are needed.

With the effort put in for about 70 mins on Sunday it was enough to convice Brian that the team isn't far off clicking so why make changes to disrupt that

Stagger eel

Staff member
Bigfella said:
1. Ben SMith was on crutches Sunday. Saw him in the Members immediately after the game. Must still be a way off yet?

he was actually seen today walking freely without the aid of crutchesI'd say he could be back in full contact training by the end of the week, so I'd say he may be chance for Canterbury.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Good news for Benny and when he does comeback it'll be interesting to see the makeup of the team although I'm kinda expecting Benny to spend at least 1 week in reggies providing Delaney and Tahu are still avaliable.

Stagger eel

Staff member
jayman said:
wheres cannings?

you have to assume at the moment that he's injured, however there could be a little bit of mystery surrounding him which sooner or later will come out in the open.

watch this space.

jayman

Juniors
eelavation said:
you have to assume at the moment that he's injured, however there could be a little bit of mystery surrounding him which sooner or later will come out in the open.

watch this space.

really...mmm.. interesting...;-)

if there getting rid of him it obvioulsy wont be a big shock...hasnt done much to warrant a spot in any side or for the ammount of money hes on...

i always thought he had so much potential... thought he would have developed into a devasting prop for us..bit of a shame

shaun

Juniors
There seems to have been a high number of eels having there wisdom teeth out this season.
:evil:

jayman

Juniors
MarkInTheStands said:
Sorry Jayman, but exactly how much of the cap is cannings on?

MITS iam pretty sure the figure was 220gs...iam pretty sure.. but not 100% definite...

that will go along way in retaining our juniors, getting some good props or (dare i say it just in case this turns into a another bashing thread..lyon)..

someone else posted morris was on 175g as well...

The Colonel

Immortal
The 220k figure from what I have been told is a rather large myth...... We can speculate, as does the media, but at the end of the day the only people that really know are the club, the player, his manager and the taxman.

Latest posts