What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams v Bulldogs

The Colonel

Immortal
NRL vs BULLDOGS
Parramatta Stadium
Sun 22 April 3pm

1 Luke BURT

2 Jarryd HAYNE
3 Ben SMITH
4 Timana TAHU
5 Eric GROTHE

6 Brett FINCH
7 Tim SMITH

8 Nathan CAYLESS ©
9 PJ MARSH
10 Fuifui MOIMOI
11 Nathan HINDMARSH
12 Ian HINDMARSH
13 Daniel WAGON
14 Blake GREEN
15 Josh CORDOBA
16 Aaron CANNINGS
17 Feleti MATEO

COACH – MICHAEL HAGAN

PREMIER LEAGUE vs BULLDOGS
Parramatta Stadium
Sun 22 April 1pm

1 Michael LETT ©

2 Etu UAISELE
3 Taulima TAUTAI
4 Krisnan INU
5 Joel REDDY

6 Kris KEATING
7 James MALONEY

8 Junior PAULO
9 Matt KEATING
10 Richard FA’AOSO
11 Todd LOWRIE
12 Weller HAURAKI
13 Zeb TAIA
14 James STORER
15 McConkie TAUASA
16 Aaron WOOD
17 Justin TSOULOS
18 David WILLIAMS
19 Justin HORO

COACH – RIP TAYLOR

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/news1506.asp

The Colonel

Immortal
NO CHANGES TO EELS SQUAD FOR BULLDOGS MATCH
17 April 2007

Parramatta Eels Head Coach Michael Hagan has named an unchanged squad for the side that defeated the Penrith Panthers last Friday night for the match against the Bulldogs this Sunday at Parramatta Stadium.

In one minor change, prop Fuifui Moimoi will start the match with Aaron Cannings moving back to the bench.

The Eels have three players that will take part in Friday night's test match in Brisbane, Nathan Hindmarsh for Australia and Nathan Cayless and Krisnan Inu for New Zealand. Inu has been named in the Eels Premier League side this week.

Eels coach Michael Hagan says it is tough to prepare for a match with players away on representative duty.

"It does make it more difficult but Nathan Cayless and Nathan Hindmarsh have had plenty of experience in playing and backing up from rep football. We just have to make sure they are looked after and we get them to the game on Sunday," Hagan told www.parraeels.com.au.

"Parramatta and Canterbury games are a bit like last weeks local derby at Penrith. It is going to be nice and physical. I'm sure the fans of both sides are expecting that and that the players are looking forward to it," Hagan added.

http://www.parraeels.com.au/news/news1507.asp

Suitman

Post Whore
Surely Finch must be on his last chance?
There is no harm done with a player of his calibre to spend a little time in a lower grade to rebuild his confidence. I don't see that as a bad thing.
The rest of the team was predictable.

As for our depth - it's nice to see that we have a Kiwi international in our Premier League team. ;-)

Suity

Finch - I know a few Bulldogs fans will be happy with his selection. Last weeks performance was in the kusto mould maybe even worse. Last Chance Finchy!!!! I reckon Keating could do a better Job atm.

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Atleast we have Green on the bench. I'm tipping if Finch tries to pull that same sh*t off as last week, Hages will hook him straight away. Good team amyway.

Fa'aoso must be close to breaking into the side, he'd probably be on standby for the internationals.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Hurriflatch said:
What does Finch have to do to get dropped???

maybe if Finch plays a good game he'll get dumped

or maybe if the team get comprehensively beaten...sure.

under what circumastances does any coach drop a player after a win based on their performance on the match??

I would of thought some of you would of been around long enough to realise that..

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
or maybe if the team get comprehensively beaten...sure.

under what circumastances does any coach drop a player after a win based on their performance on the match??

I would of thought some of you would of been around long enough to realise that..

I disagree.

Win or lose, if a player is consistantly out of form, their position comes into question, surely?

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
I disagree.

Win or lose, if a player is consistantly out of form, their position comes into question, surely?

Suity

I think Green should be there ahead of him..

however I think it's naive to expect changes under the circumstances.

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
I think Green should be there ahead of him..

however I think it's naive to expect changes under the circumstances.

I assume you said that on form.

So, seriously, why shouldn't he be?
It's not naive at all. Isn't it our perogative to expect the best team on the park every week?
By NOT having Green there instead of Finch, is this our best team?

Suity

sooperdooper

First Grade
i have no problems in that team

i beleive finch can turn his form around...if not blake green is jumping out of his skin to be there

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
As someone else has mentioned in another thread, Finch and Blake will probably probably both at least keep their spots somewhere in the squad until Riddell returns. That is when the when the hard decision has to be made. It just depends on how bad Finch's form gets as to whether they change roles and Blake starts.

I suppose Matt Keating is another option as back up dummy half. How has his form been??

BTW I thought Blake played very well out of dummy half when he came on last week for someone that apparently dislikes the position so much (that I have heard). His speed of passing off the ground and decision making was very good for a rookie dummy half

Suitman

Post Whore
sooperdooper said:
i have no problems in that team

i beleive finch can turn his form around...if not blake green is jumping out of his skin to be there

That's fair enough Sooper, but how long do we give him?
How many more of last week type performances do we put up with?
That's why I said he should be on his last chance. Another effort like last week and it surely wouldn't be unfair to select Green ahead of him - win OR lose?

Suity

Latest posts