What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams v Bulldogs

COACH STERLING

Juniors
Jake the snake said:
who gives a f**k what 2GB says..... They don't like Tim on that Show. Fulton and Hadley take delight in drilling him. Hadley and co. have an agenda.they gave the man of the match to Feleti - who by his standards had a solid game.

If Mathew john sees fit to give Tim a 3 in the Dally M points awards and the MOM for Ch9 that's good enough for me.

Finch has been playing rubbish if he's not a 5/8 then chuck the rubbish in the PL and let him play halfback there.

Let's also remember that Smithy out played Gower, especially when the game was in the balance.

Everytime I give Burt a rap he f**ks up the following week. That's the type of player he is. So i just won't say anything about him anymore.

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
Even hindmarsh misses tackles. That doesn't mean you can't make up for it or even win a MOM. Anyhow, good luck with defending Finchy, I'm going to sit on the fence and read .........for now! :cool:

I want Green ahead of him...how is that defending him, it was only brought to my attention that defensively he was very good on Penrith's left side, off course he would of had help from the defensive centre in the game..but still did quite well..

so what I'm saying...while we put sh*t on players for things they do wrong why are other players exempt from the same treatment??

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
I want Green ahead of him...how is that defending him, it was only brought to my attention that defensively he was very good on Penrith's left side, off course he would of had help from the defensive centre in the game..but still did quite well..

so what I'm saying...while we put sh*t on players for things they do wrong why are other players exempt from the same treatment??

They aren't. You should know that by now. ;-)
All we ask is for consistency.

Suity

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:

Because he is playing so fu*ked that it's not funny.

When he does something to show me that he deserves a first grade spot I will be the first one to say " well played Finchy"

Heading into Round 6, no tries, no try assists, and a double figure error count.

How the fu*k can anyone have anything decent to say about him??

Oh yeah, he smokes cigars like a champ! ;-)

Suitman

Post Whore
Eela, I'd still like you to tell me how long you would persist with him on his current form.

1 week, 6 weeks? How long? Remember? - Current form.

I know you've said you'd rather have Green there, but still, putting Finch on the bench isn't good enough.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
They aren't. You should know that by now. ;-)
All we ask is for consistency.

Suity

ok suity, the other players who were called to be dropped have since picked up their game...on the other hand Finch has yet to that..in the game against the tigers Finch played on after hurting his ribs, the week later he was ruled out prior to the Canberra game than had that shocker as you called it against Penrith.

with limited options available he has a good opportunity to pick up his game, I say we give him that until Riddell or Robo are ready to return..i think he can only get better with the ball in his hands but i guess we'll soon see whether he's able to keep his spot however I don't believe he's the only one who should be under preasure to keep his spot and and even our outside backs can count themselves lucky as we have a freakish talent waiting in the wings to take their spot..

we also have a forward pack that, let's face it still isn't dominating while guys like Hauraki, Lowrie, paulo and Taia are asking alot of questions in PL...yes even Lowrie's had a couple of good games there.

Finch isn't the only one...we may need to spread our scapegoat wings.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
Eela, I'd still like you to tell me how long you would persist with him on his current form.

1 week, 6 weeks? How long? Remember? - Current form.

I know you've said you'd rather have Green there, but still, putting Finch on the bench isn't good enough.

Suity

well tell me who you'd have there???

Stagger eel

Staff member
COACH STERLING said:
Because he is playing so fu*ked that it's not funny.

When he does something to show me that he deserves a first grade spot I will be the first one to say " well played Finchy"

Heading into Round 6, no tries, no try assists, and a double figure error count.

How the fu*k can anyone have anything decent to say about him??

Oh yeah, he smokes cigars like a champ! ;-)

Smith was f**ked last year every time he played and reportadly did more damage to his image off the field than Finch did a few weeks ago...

so we move on..

Bigfella

Coach
who gives a f**k what 2GB says..... They don't like Tim on that Show. Fulton and Hadley take delight in drilling him

Roach too.

My theory is that Hadley associates Tim with Brian Smith and feels that praising him is somehow a rap for BS.

Also Ray can't bear the fact that he went to town on Tim re the incident at Cronulla last year, only for Tim to be exonerated.

let's face it - Hadley is a very very small man.

Suitman

Post Whore
Suitman said:

eelavation said:
I say we give him that until Riddell or Robo are ready to return..

4-6 weeks? ok, that's fine.

Personally, I don't think we can carry him that long - on his current form.
We beg to differ.

Phewwwww!! It took a while, but finally I got an answer out of you. :lol:

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
4-6 weeks? ok, that's fine.

Personally, I don't think we can carry him that long - on his current form.
We beg to differ.

Phewwwww!! It took a while, but finally I got an answer out of you. :lol:

Suity

but I still get an answer from you ;-)

T-BONE MCGRAW

Juniors
eelavation said:
nice to see Burt getting a breaK too...;-)

I hate to sound really picky but Luke is still submitting too easily in a lot of his tackles on his kick returns. If he just ran at a line a littlle harder he could could become a very good first grade fullback and this is from one of his harshest critics. In saying that his positives are far outweighing his negatives at the moment and I definately would not drop him with our current team balance.

FWIW I still think Hayne is our better long term fullback but at the moment Luke at fullback and Jarryd on the wing suits our current team balance the best

COACH STERLING

Juniors
eelavation said:
Smith was f**ked last year every time he played and reportadly did more damage to his image off the field than Finch did a few weeks ago...

so we move on..

Mate, we are talking about 2007.

I do recall people calling for Smithy to be dropped last year, particularly PP.

Moving on.....good idea, the finch factor is becoming a bad stench!

Stagger eel

Staff member
T-BONE MCGRAW said:
I hate to sound really picky but Luke is still submitting too easily in a lot of his tackles on his kick returns. If he just ran at a line a littlle harder he could could become a very good first grade fullback and this is from one of his harshest critics. In saying that his positives are far outweighing his negatives at the moment and I definately would not drop him with our current team balance.

FWIW I still think Hayne is our better long term fullback but at the moment Luke at fullback and Jarryd on the wing suits our current team balance the best

T-Bone, other than hindy and caylo I see a room for improvement for every player in the side...I mean the 1%'s such as Burty submitting eassily, Grothe's catching practise, hayne's positional play in defense etc..

Suitman

Post Whore
eelavation said:
T-Bone, other than hindy and caylo I see a room for improvement for every player in the side...I mean the 1%'s such as Burty submitting eassily, Grothe's catching practise, hayne's positional play in defense etc..

That's very true, but I hope that those are the sorts of things that get ironed out over the course of a season.

Suity

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
That doesn't make sense.

Suity

ok...when [not if , post: -) "] he fails on sunday..who would you have in place of Finch in the 17 baring in mind that Robo and pig may not still be available for round 7.

Stagger eel

Staff member
Suitman said:
That's very true, but I hope that those are the sorts of things that get ironed out over the course of a season.

Suity

I think they are all coachable issues to address...not a massive problem at the moment.

Bigfella

Coach
I hate to sound really picky but Luke is still submitting too easily in a lot of his tackles on his kick returns

The trade off for Burt is his lightweight frame.

If he commits to breaking a tackle when he is near the sideline or the tryline and loses his legs, he knows he is a chance of going in touch or over the sideline.

This is something Hodgson has to do as well.

We just have to accept that Burt won't be Anthony Minicello or Wade McKinnon but he will offer other aspects of his game instead.

And if he has to submit tackle one well Hayne Grothe Tahu or Smith can step up next hit up.

Latest posts