What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Teams v Cowboys

Avenger

Immortal
Mullen and Blake played together at schoolboy level. Mullen really has excelled and progressed much quicker then Blake even though Blake was initially rated more likely to succeed.

mighty eel

Juniors
And another thing is Tim Smith Still has another fitness Test on Friday morning to see if he is able to play that is what JT said this morning and the same with Mick Vella.

mickdo

Coach
The Colonel said:
I'm not 100% sure of the PL eligibility rules but has anyone considered that they are trying to keep these young blokes eligibility up so that they don't suffer like Cannings and Petersen did last year?
I don't think that's it. If you play the majority of games for the year in PL then you qualify I think, so most of the PL team should still qualify for PL even if they played a few games up at this stage...

mickdo

Coach
mighty eel said:
And another thing is Tim Smith Still has another fitness Test on Friday morning to see if he is able to play that is what JT said this morning and the same with Mick Vella.
Bugger. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaase !!!!!!!! :pray:

Bazal

Post Whore
mighty eel said:
Very f**kin pieced off with Delaney Chosen he was our worst player against Broncos.

Are you high? He wasn't great, but he didn't do anything wrong and was far from our worst. Poor guy is the new Ash "Morons Punching Bag" Graham...

yy_cheng

Coach
Did anyone see how unhappy Burt was when he was benched.

I believe that JT's plan was that the player that played badly between Wade and Burt, would become 18th man. He always said that Wade would be back but Burt's form was too good to be dropped. A bad game by Burty and a decent one by Wadey, basically shifted Burt to 18th man.

Maybe JT thinks that Delaney should be there when Piggy comes off for GK purposes assuming Burt stays as #18

The Colonel

Immortal
fish eel said:
I'd be very disappointed if we were not picking kids to make sure they could play in the premier league finals, if that's what you are saying?

Given they have a better chance then us it could be more beneficial, but what I am saying is once they have their eligibility sorted they can be used in the finals without penalty. If they are selected for first grade during the finals and we drop out of first grade they are still able to play on rather than sit out the finals like Cannings and Peterseon.

sooperdooper

First Grade
i dont know what ppl have against delaney.... i think it is due to his stellar year in prems last year and ppl expected him to walk straight into the nrl and translate it over... it has not happened but i can tell you now if the back row the other day he did well, his first proper appearance at backrow in the nrl. played alot better than most of our others on the weekend...

He can play and i am not liking the bashing he is constantly given, from memory i cant recall him ever playing a bad game.... its just that he hasnt been a 'superstar'

I really get annoyed when i come on to see the team lineup and ppl bag the players, sure its fine to voice an opinion but to say one is 'sh!t' is just wrongs guys....
i beleive he deserves his bench spot from his game against the broncos made a few good runs, played 60min in the backrow and made a large amount of tackles and missed only 2...

I personally think its the best possible lineup at the moment!

mickdo

Coach
Delaney had quite a few games where he was constantly running across field or getting tackled straight out of dummy half. I think many of us got a bit frustrated with that. It probably hasn't helped him that Hayne has come on so quickly, which has made Delaney look a bit behind in terms of his relative development in first grade.

sooperdooper said:
i dont know what ppl have against delaney.... i think it is due to his stellar year in prems last year and ppl expected him to walk straight into the nrl and translate it over... it has not happened but i can tell you now if the back row the other day he did well, his first proper appearance at backrow in the nrl. played alot better than most of our others on the weekend...

He can play and i am not liking the bashing he is constantly given, from memory i cant recall him ever playing a bad game.... its just that he hasnt been a 'superstar'

I really get annoyed when i come on to see the team lineup and ppl bag the players, sure its fine to voice an opinion but to say one is 'sh!t' is just wrongs guys....
i beleive he deserves his bench spot from his game against the broncos made a few good runs, played 60min in the backrow and made a large amount of tackles and missed only 2...

I personally think its the best possible lineup at the moment!

Delaney is the type of player that will take time to mature into a good 1st grade player but when he eventually does watch out.

Parra Guru

Coach
to be fair sooperdooper, I don't think many people are really getting into a Delaney bash, but it does seem silly to leave some of our up and coming back rowers out when BD has been no better than average up until last Sunday.

As I said, I like the guy, but he doesn't deserve a mortgage on the spot either.

yy_cheng

Coach
For Delaney and Hayne, it's personality.

Delaney seems like a quiet, almost-introverted person who would take things slowly w/o risk.

Hayne seems extroverted (biting women?) and has taken the bull by the horns.

He looked like he wanted to show K hunt up last weekend and beat him more than a few times with Hunts own trademark step !!

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
gee hasn't Lukey fallen from grace

MOM 2 games in a row and now dropped

looks like Inu is out injured, he really is a mini TIT, as I said at the start of the year, looks like him and gets injured just as much as him

team looks better on paper than last week, so lets kick arse boys

go hindy

Maroubra Eel

Coach
Good 17.

Burty is a bit unlucky. He has been one of our best of late.

I also agree with sooperdooper about the hanging sh*t on Delaney thing.

parra pete

Referee
Probably allowing Burt to qualify for Premier League. That's the only reason I can see that he has been omitted from the 17 man squad.....
His form has been impeccable....

Smylee

Juniors
Without considering anyone else other than the 18 named, I would go with Marsh, Widders, Vella and Burt on the bench. Vella's gotta get some game time, and we need forwards. Burt's got the utility factor about him, a good general kicking game (other than last week) and he's a great goal kicker.

If we keep losing troops the way we have lately, he might be needed elsewhere - handy to slot into 5/8th, can play fullback and wing.

parra pete

Referee
Avenger said:
Jake

I watched Blake closely on Sunday, I am one of his biggest fans but let me tell you I reckon Timmy is way ahead of him.

Inu did look disinterested to me. His goalkicking was also shocking.

Is that on this year's form..or overall? If that assessment is based on this year's form, Blake has a loooooooooooooong way to go to be a first grader.